Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Looks Great but....

9 hours ago, Max50 said:

The weather will likely suck, the AI may suck, tell them so they can make changes now.

Uhm what? This is straight out trolling right now.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

This kind of feedback isn't welcome nor constructive. "The weather will likely suck"?! From what we've seen/heard/read so far, it will be the other way around.

I'm sure they will pay close attention to the alpha testers feedback, also all the user's feedbacks when the sim is released. 

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

On 11/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, RALF9636 said:

and historic AI traffic (at least 24 h back)

The amount of data required to do this for all airports, worldwide, would be absolutely mind boggling!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

13 hours ago, Max50 said:

The weather will likely suck, the AI may suck, tell them so they can make changes now.

Tell them... what?

"Hey Asobo!  I have reason to believe your weather will likely suck for some reason! Fix it!"

"Also, your AI might be bad too!  So, uh, fix that!"

"FEEDBACK ACCOMPLISHED"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I've kind of wished it was possible to save weather settings so you could go back and reload and/or edit them later.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

48 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

The amount of data required to do this for all airports, worldwide, would be absolutely mind boggling!

PSXSeecon / Realtraffic already allow to go back 48 h, so I don't see any problem with the amount of data.

Edited by RALF9636

Regarding the weather, somebody who was invited to the preview event in Seattle a little while ago reported that "At departure you can indicate what time it is and in what weather you want to fly. [...] That does not have to be the current weather. The interface has a simple slider with which you can easily turn the time back to the situation of an hour, a day or even longer ago." (original post).

So while it's not yet clear whether the built-in historic weather data actually reaches back a full year (to cover the weather in all seasons you'd care about), at least weather matching the time of the day doesn't look to be a problem. so I'm optimistic in that regard.

I do share some of the scepticism regarding the AI traffic though - I concede that merely mirroring the real world traffic is a quick way to fill the sky with life and certainly better than nothing, but dumb AI traffic that simply stupidly mirrors the real word traffic without regard to what is happening in the sim world (i.e. which is in fact missing the "intelligence" part in AI) causes a number of other edge cases.

6 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

PSXSeecon / Realtraffic already allow to go back 48 h, so I don't see any problem with the amount of data.

I don't have either of those but is that for every airport in the world?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just now, vortex681 said:

I don't have either of those but is that for every airport in the world?

I stopped using it a while ago, but if I remember correctly: yes, I think so.

3 hours ago, JanH said:

Regarding the weather, somebody who was invited to the preview event in Seattle a little while ago reported that "At departure you can indicate what time it is and in what weather you want to fly. [...] That does not have to be the current weather. The interface has a simple slider with which you can easily turn the time back to the situation of an hour, a day or even longer ago." (original post).

So while it's not yet clear whether the built-in historic weather data actually reaches back a full year (to cover the weather in all seasons you'd care about), at least weather matching the time of the day doesn't look to be a problem. so I'm optimistic in that regard.

That's information coming from Google Translate. It is very unclear exactly what it means. In the English language, back 24 hours or back 12 months should all apply as historic weather. This is the type of information that needs to be ignored. It's completely unclear and unreliable.

7 hours ago, Scottoest said:

Tell them... what?

"Hey Asobo!  I have reason to believe your weather will likely suck for some reason! Fix it!"

"Also, your AI might be bad too!  So, uh, fix that!"

"FEEDBACK ACCOMPLISHED"

If any of you people cared to bother and read anything before attacking you would see I gave explanation. Yes, in summary, the weather does suck. I didn't even fully explain all the reasons, just the most blatantly obvious.

I guess this is how it works here, take a little and run a long, long, long way with it.

Edited by Skywatcher

Mark Daniels

11 hours ago, vortex681 said:

We're talking about a sim using 2 petabytes of data for the scenery. I don't think saving worldwide weather for a day or two would be an issue.

21 hours ago, Max50 said:

That's information coming from Google Translate.

So it does, but with what little Dutch I can understand, it don't see any glaring translation errors compared to the original text.

• Like 1

As a native Dutch speaker I can confirm that the Google Translate is accurate. 

• Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.