Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Looks Great but....

9 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Nevertheless it might be useful if MS / Asobo would publish a list of the most obvious things they are already working on.

I agree on the principle but it will be, the minute after, a circus of biblical proportion on all the flightsim forums 💥 ! 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

5 minutes ago, domkle said:

I agree on the principle but it will, the minute after, a circus of biblical proportion on all the flightsim forums 💥 ! 

Like "why aren't you looking into X or we need Y now!".

• Like 2

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

5 minutes ago, simtom said:

Like "why aren't you looking into X or we need Y now!".

But! What about Z? Don't forget Z!!!   :tongue:

• Like 6

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

20 minutes ago, n4gix said:

But! What about Z? Don't forget Z!!!   :tongue:

How could I forget about Z? The most asked feature since FS9!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

How is Vatsim and vPilot old things? How is a complete home cockpit setup old things? How is wanting to continue to fly online with the very large community of Vatsim old things? Why is my desire to continue to have these things in MS2020 bad? So having the above, as you say, "don't make sense in a modern game" wrong? I guess for you a Xbox controller will suffice because hey, it's new a modern game and that P3D stuff don't make sense. Unreal.

I was mostly talking about FSUIPC and the fact some users on here are simply clueless of what the market has to offer and how it offers it, so, in front of uncertainty, they tend to look at familiar things without realizing that those are band aids to try to correct something that shoudn't be an issue natively in new platforms.

Vatsim and Ivao are on the main simulators, don't see why you are afraid they won't get to the new one too in time.

No one is forcing you to play the new GAME with a Xbox, nor did i ever mention it. Accordingly, no one forced you to invest in hardware setups. But the good news is still the same, no one is taking you away the opportunity to keep using them in current simulators 🙂 and it would make no sense for them to not work in the new ones natively. What doesn't make sense is asking if new simulators will have the same band aids which were needed to deal with a 13 years old graphic engine.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Peter Dowson is not likely to have a version of FSUIPC for Dos Equis. Pete's getting on in years and not likely to spend thousands of hours adapting his work to a new sim, any more than he is likely to adapt it to XPlane 12, whenever it arrives. It's not that he couldn't. I just don't believe he will. You all have no idea how many hours he has taken away from his enjoyment of flight simming to produce FSUIPC. And his financial compensation for it can be measured as pennies per hour.

FSUIPC exists because Microsoft didn't provide adequate access to sim variables with their own IPC. There have actually been other IPC's over time have also served as connections to these variables. All have fallen aside due to Peter's diligence to continue support for P3D. But that internal code, linked back to the earliest versions of MSFS, is gone. Any new IPCs will have to start from scratch. This is a new sim.

For your own sanity, don't hold out hope for a new version of FSUIPC. We have been promised a new SDK and a means of accessing more variables than in the past. Hardware and software developers will be able to take advantage of that. As Bill pointed out above, some hardware has already been adapted, so there lies the future.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

How could I forget about Z? The most asked feature since FS9!

well more recently, there were a lot of people calling for V, for A and for S. 

Now, I am outta here. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, domkle said:

well more recently, there were a lot of people calling for V, for A and for S. 

Now, I am outta here. 

I've heard rumors that some people are calling for R, A and M (though some groups are requesting the mysterious G, P and U features).

Okay okay, back to topic 😂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, simtom said:

I've heard rumors that some people are calling for R, A and M (though some groups are requesting the mysterious G, P and U features).

Okay okay, back to topic 😂

Actually I simplified a bit as V implies R and A implies T & C. Asobo'd better have its alphabet in order if they want to please the crowd.

Dominique

Ok, ok. I hereby withdraw that suggestion for the list. 🙂

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 2

Here's some food for thought - I hope the emergence of the new sim (with new hooks and capabilities) brings about a resurgence of new supporting hardware, the likes of which we haven't seen in over a decade. If that makes our old hardware obsolete, so be it.

Tactile surfaces, next-gen force feedback, face / motion tracking, accurate voice control / intelligent response systems. I'd be happy to start making my Christmas wishlists now...much to the wife's chagrin...  

• Upvote 3

wow you got guys crying about no support for TrackIR when the sim isn’t even on Alpha. How about you calm down and let these Asobo developers get the release version out and THEN you can complain about no TrackIR.  From reading this thread I can understand why the flight sim developers don’t give ETAs for releases and wait until the last minute to unveil features. 

Edited by joseg175
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, DavidP said:

I am not surprised but remain astounded - someone voices an opinion which goes against the group think and gets attacked. Honestly kiddies, it a just a computer game. A few of you need to take a reality check.

In fairness, they set the tenor of the discussion by not-so-subtly implying that everyone here was just blinded by shiny visuals, and not thinking of the details of the flight experience, which is both plainly untrue, and gently condescending.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Ok, ok. I hereby withdraw that suggestion for the list. 🙂

Too late... you've already opened The Box, Pandora.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

16 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Nevertheless it might be useful if MS / Asobo would publish a list of the most obvious things they are already working on.

Isn't it the Feedback Snapshot they will be showing us next thursday? Can't wait!

• Upvote 1