Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

On 11/22/2019 at 10:21 PM, Avidean said:

We could do with more tessellation on those runway sure close ups. Nice textures in the video but quite flat looking. I knew I'd find something wrong with it! 😁

Yes I was thinking that but didn't have the graphical vocalculary to explain what I wanted. I'll feed this back on the tech alpha once it's released if it's still an issue!

I guess the term I know is bump mapping, but whatever, they should do it, as it looks a little dated at the moment - probably doesn't need too much just a tweak.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 2

think we could consider this as wingflex, right?

qw8woltgqu041.png

Edited by aleex

Just notice the Discovery Cockpits is listed on the Insider page for November 27th, 2019. That's Wednesday not Thursday, is this correct? Guess we will see on the 27th! I have gotten so used to Thursdays, but they also dropped some info today about an ICON  visit, so there is that!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

39 minutes ago, in2tech said:

Just notice the Discovery Cockpits is listed on the Insider page for November 27th, 2019. That's Wednesday not Thursday, is this correct? Guess we will see on the 27th! I have gotten so used to Thursdays, but they also dropped some info today about an ICON  visit, so there is that!

Thursday is Thanksgiving Holiday in the US.  Most everyone at Microsoft will likely have the day off.

18 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Thursday is Thanksgiving Holiday in the US.  Most everyone at Microsoft will likely have the day off.

Yeah I forgot for a second, thanks 🙂 I was thinking about ASOBO being in France, my bad! And I live in the USA, so I should have known better!

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

14 hours ago, Aviationgeek said:

They have not released tech alpha 1 yet 

It does seem to of gone quiet on that, no mention of it at all in the last update. I wonder if anyone has been granted access yet?

Edited by richfx

Rich Holding

1 hour ago, richfx said:

It does seem to of gone quite on that, no mention of it at all in the last update. I wonder if anyone has been granted access yet?

I'm not saying that this week with the long break for a lot of Americans would be the perfect time or anything, but

Is there anything in the NDA which prevents talking about whether the Alpha One was released to testers yet or not? If not, can anyone confirm whether that is a true statement?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It. Has. Not. Been. Released. Yet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

31 minutes ago, n4gix said:

9lv1RWo.jpg

I thought for sure this week. If not out tomorrow, then next week...in not next week then the following...if not the...

• Like 3

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb

43 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Kind of makes up for those of us not included in it! It’s odd though, access was due to start a month ago. I wonder why it’s been delayed and if it’s cause for concern.

Rich Holding

13 minutes ago, richfx said:

Kind of makes up for those of us not included in it! It’s odd though, access was due to start a month ago. I wonder why it’s been delayed and if it’s cause for concern.

The most recent email on the 18th simply said "We are very close..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

With such a complicated piece of software, plus a number of dependencies that may be out of their control (e.g., the Bing and/or Azure people may be having some sort of issue) and the ever present spectre of bureaucracy (this is Microsoft and involves collaborator licenses after all), there could be a number of potential issues that have led to the delay. Many of those might be trivial yet show-stoppers. I'm sure many of us need only reflect on similar situations that have happened in our own personal and professional lives and that we've probably been responsible for!

5 hours ago, richfx said:

No cause for concern.  As a beta tester for over 15 years it's typical to have delays like this.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |