Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

How come you always find yourself smiling, when watching one of these videos... 

• Like 11

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

7 hours ago, jlund said:

Yes ridicolous bad. A very dissapointing episode, very short and no mention of the A320 or 747

Sigh, this place sometimes. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thank you Microsoft and Asobo for giving Multiview functionality and extended input/output functionality. Thats crucial to us in the huge cockpitbuilder community. I hope you can do a video later to showcase what opportunities we have in this regard. With the previois Versions of FS9 and FSX we had to do tons of experimenting and Research to finally understand how to exploit the sim to give us large FOV. Unfortunately With a huge FPS impact. I hope you can provide proper information of how to use the functionality and that is more efficient in terms of FPS.

Thank you!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

In one word: stunning!! I have almost no words... 😉

However, just one grain of salt: Is it just me or is the Wx radar just not "right"? When the plane is turning, the echoes turn with the plane, there's no delay due to the sweeping of the radar itself, is there? It also looks a bit simplified-I expected more from a Pre-Alpha... 😜

But maybe I'm wrong and it really works differently in the TBM...

And yeah, I agree to what has been said before: These guys are indeed geniuses!!

7 hours ago, jlund said:

A very dissapointing episode, very short and no mention of the A320 or 747

I'll agree it wasn't as drop-dead stunning as the previous ones but then cockpits are pretty boring anyway 🙂 and were probably the strongest points of the previous flight sims.

Regarding the systems he only mentioned a revamped electrical system and "oil pressure that reacts to temperature".  Taken together with improved instrument modelling mentioned in the aerodynamics video, the emphasis seems to be more on GA aircraft than airliners.  I'd be surprised if the airliners in the release have fully functional systems and FMC - something like G3000 functionality in a Honeywell skin perhaps, if at all.  Which is the way I think it should be, the base sim providing the generics while leaving space for 3rd party developers to build the specific models.

• Upvote 1

Anybody know why the Discovery Cockpits YouTube video is Unlisted? BTW, when they have an event like XO19 I wish they would put all the videos on their Microsoft Flight Simulator channel, that pertain to MSFS 2020 so I don't have to look in two different places. At least a copy of all the MSFS videos in one place please! I watch them over and over again!

Thanks ASOBO and MS 🙂 Excellent work you are both doing!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

2 hours ago, lzamm said:

I'll agree it wasn't as drop-dead stunning as the previous ones but then cockpits are pretty boring anyway 🙂 and were probably the strongest points of the previous flight sims.

Regarding the systems he only mentioned a revamped electrical system and "oil pressure that reacts to temperature".  Taken together with improved instrument modelling mentioned in the aerodynamics video, the emphasis seems to be more on GA aircraft than airliners.  I'd be surprised if the airliners in the release have fully functional systems and FMC - something like G3000 functionality in a Honeywell skin perhaps, if at all.  Which is the way I think it should be, the base sim providing the generics while leaving space for 3rd party developers to build the specific models.

Thirty seconds into the Discovery Cockpits video he states they should be like their real world aircraft and Realistic Cockpits text comes up on the screen. I think all the default planes will work like the real world counter part. Several people have stated they think ASOBO and MS don't have the ability to model aircraft like the real world ones, I disagree. But we won't know till it is released, or they show us like they did for the TBM 930 🙂 And even than until we get our  hands on them and test every system possible available to us. But I think they will nail it in every default aircraft. Is it possible there will be bugs, and things they need to fix, tweak, of course!

I think people under estimate their ability 🙂 It appears they want to come out of the gate shining with the default aircraft working like the real life ones! Only time will tell!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

Awesome video! When he said that they would make a lot of variables available by default, does this mean the (possible) elimination of the need for FSUIPC?

I would assume we would still need to make software to interact with these variables through the SDK. I doubt microsoft would model and code all the different 3rd party gauges to be plug and play (who knows, maybe they will!)

What this does mean though, is an answer to questions that have been floating around within the last couple months.  Yes FS2020 will support 3rd party gauges and periphals and home cockpits.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

They said the Extraterrestrials would arrive sometime along 2019...

Are they ASOBO ?

We will all get into MFS virtual World, and get lost from Reality 🙂

Oops!  Women aren't vulnerable to this "virus"... Heck, how will I be able to convince Mrs. Uninstaller I need to buy a new desktop PC ??? Or.... instead of saving for that trip to Denmark, we should buy a new GPU ?

The Extraterrestrials forgot about the "Wife-Effect".....

Hmmmm

P.S.: Mrs. Uninstaller is loving War Thunder! -  "See dowlinggg... ya don't need to spend precious money with your toy anymore! Gorgeous!  I love those graphics! Let me try to shot down that plane over there... It's really F2P, right ????? "

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

8 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Fantastic! Remarkable that default aircraft are going to be this detailed, with such fidelity and functionality.  The lighting will be a real experience, feeling like we will actually need virtual shades to wear when flying directly into the sun. 

Alot of the features we pay for now in 3rd party addons is included in the base sim like the head movements. Wonder how chaseplane will expand on all this. 

Also great to hear that C&D cockpits will be available with full on realistic starts, but also wondered how this would appeal to those xbox users down the road who couldnt care less about a checklist, different flap settings, or proper start procedures. Now we know. Certainly will attract a broad range of user preferences.  But really appreciate them listening to the more hardcore simmer that wants to fly as real as possible. 

Awesome work dev team.

I somehow think that if you like flying, outside of the I just wanna go type of people, some checklist might actually feel cool doing it.

Everyone wants to be a pilot.

And again, if you don't want to, you don't have to is what I gather.

Victor Roos

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Awesome video! When he said that they would make a lot of variables available by default, does this mean the (possible) elimination of the need for FSUIPC?

I believe one of the advantages of FSUIPC was that it provided a simpler interface to access the exposed variables for non programmers. Making more variables available doesn't necessarily remove the need for FSUIPC unless the SDK provides an equivalent replacement for FSUIPC.

• Like 2

Give people power to really test their personality.

I've heard some very encouraging things in this video.

My chief concern with the new sim is performance,  expecially  inside complex glass cockpits which fsx wasn't designed for. They say they completely rewritten how complex glass gauges are handled by the sim and I hope this will translate in much better  performance overall.

They also seemed to have done some of the ground work to enable much more accurate cockpits  in general. They talk about  a wiring system like fslabs did with its  320 which allowed for unparallel realism, same thing with the oil simulation.

I couldn't be more exited to see what comes next.

2 hours ago, Keyholebud said:

Ok wow, List on that is 25g. holy moo-la Batman, Does PMDG have one of those?

A quick search on the internet turned up some sites where you can rent 3D scanners so the cost wouldn't be quite that high.

Give people power to really test their personality.

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

Anybody know why the Discovery Cockpits YouTube video is Unlisted?

Because it’s considered an Insider video (you have to login to see it). Yesterday they set the privacy of the Aerodynamics video to Public.

Edited by simtom

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.