Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

2 hours ago, domkle said:

Yeah, sometimes we like to play the Walter Matthau/Jack Lemmon routines   :wink:

Or George Burns and Walter Matthau (thinking THE SUNSHINE BOYS)...

41 minutes ago, lzamm said:

(re checklists)

What's wrong with studying the POH?  I thought the whole point of flight simming was to pretend you're a *real* pilot.

You will have option for reading the manual too.  If you have all the free time to read 1000 page manual to master one aircraft then go for it.  I think most people will prefer to quickly learn using the training system, and to more easily switch between aircraft with ease.  Also it is for casual Xbox users too.  Doubt they are going to read a 1000 page POH haha 🤣   Also because it is a feature of the core sim, all payware aircraft that go on sale should rightly support the training system which is good.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Greazer said:

You will have option for reading the manual too.  If you have all the free time to read 1000 page manual to master one aircraft then go for it.  I think most people will prefer to quickly learn using the training system, and to more easily switch between aircraft with ease.

Has anybody thought about how this will affect the hundreds of thousands of forum posters telling other people to rtfm? What will they do with their lives?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Was that the thermal looking camera thing?

Yes thats a 3d scanner i had used this is the past to make body kits and it’s extremely good

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

5 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

Yes thats a 3d scanner i had used this is the past to make body kits and it’s extremely good

I seem to have heard him say they had CAD files from certain manufacturers as well.

19 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

lol just realized they must have read these forums right before posting...referencing Andy's "25000" post lol

So...does that mean I'm famous?

Do I get the sim for free, or at least a discount?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

3 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

So...does that mean I'm famous?

Do I get the sim for free, or at least a discount?

Nope, simply a mention by the MSFS Team 🙂 BTW, I am rolling out the Red Carpet for you. Celebrities, geez, they want everything 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

So for the first few weeks that the new sim is available, no one will have time to post anything here!

1 hour ago, lennie said:

no one will have time to post anything here!

Ha ha, you will be surprised what people will then complain shortly after release:

- I have a new car, why isn't it embedded in the new sim?

- I have planted three trees in front of my house, why can't I see them?

- this shop is now "XY" since last week, but in the sim I still see "YX" ...

and so on ...

• Upvote 7

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Nevertheless no simulator is able or will be able to correctly simulate the Concorde wing without serious cheating, simply because no simulator can or will be able to e.g. simulate vortex lift. 

XP simulates vortex lift, I presume using formulas like those from Polhamus etc.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

As I spend all my time playing with the simulator in the cockpit, I liked this video. I would have been willing to watch several hours worth of cockpit views. :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm going off 20+ years of experience with Microsoft flight simulators. The default aircraft have always left a lot to be desired. Yes, the scenery in this version is obviously much better and the visual side of the aircraft look good. I'll be convinced when a real-world Airbus / Boeing pilot gives the aircraft the thumbs-up. We still don't know how much this is going to cost. The quality might be reflected in the price.

Nothing like a bit of optimism Ray!

I'm very much a pragmatic person and while I don't expect the default aircraft to match some of todays payware, I do expect if Microsoft/Asobo do there job correctly it will be easier for the likes of PDMG to attain a higher fidelity of simulation which is what we all want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/27/2019 at 4:34 PM, richfx said:

Love the checklist system. Makes it a lot more accessible than trying to learn from a PDF!

Same here! I wont spend 5 minutes looking for a switch when I want to fly a new, more complicated aircraft.

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Some people are just stuck in the past...

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

5 hours ago, Murmur said:

XP simulates vortex lift, I presume using formulas like those from Polhamus etc.

Very impressive. When did that happen and how since you still have to define aifoil lift/drag and moment in airfoil maker?

In a post from e.g. Brett S. a few years ago he said it doesn't, but it's easy to fake/simulate in FSX/P3D and x-plane.