Sign in to follow this  
ArchStanton

November 27th, 2019 – Development Update

7 minutes ago, simtom said:

Because it’s considered an Insider video (you have to login to see it). Yesterday they set the privacy of the Aerodynamics video to Public.

Makes sense now to wait a bit before making public, thanks!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

The checklist management system including highlighting buttons, levers and switches is something long overdue ! It would be cool if we had the option to hear a voice calling for the different steps to perform 😊 ! Starting an airliner or any complex aircraft will be so much easier.

Interested by the simulation of the electric load and its effect on instruments. Sounds a little Accusim-like, doesn’t it ? 

Beautiful cockpits, almost smelling the new. What about the wear and tear ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

10 hours ago, jlund said:

Yes, I may sound very sceptical, but seeing the first 3 development videos, I just don't think this one was up to par with them.

Because you're comparing this to payware aircraft?

• Upvote 1

Apologies for showing my ignorance here, but one of the cockpits has labelling in French. Is that the way that plane is manufactured/delivered everywhere in the world (I'm assuming it's a French made plane) or does this suggest cockpits could be language regionalised? i.e., I don't know how the language of cockpit labelling is handled in real world aircraft. Naively I had assumed it would all be in English as that's the standard language for ATC (or am I wrong with that as well?) So much to learn!

What would be really nice is if Asobo/MS would provide some nice hi-res desktop wallpapers of the cockpits, etc. as they become finalised. At the moment we have to do video screen capture or rely on the relatively few images available on the Insider page.

I'm going to be a happy camper as the two planes I'll spend most time in will be the X-Cub and the TBM. Looks like they've given extra love to the TBM because they're "just down the road" from Asobo.

11 hours ago, jlund said:

Yes ridicolous bad. A very dissapointing episode, very short and no mention of the A320 or 747

I understand your disappointment but find your words a bit on the strong side. We've indirectly learned a most important thing for liners : assisted checklist management.  We also see that they attach a high importance to cockpit details and that does bode well for the 747 & 320.

What is missing ? The FMS which is an item worthy of an EP in itself though. I suspect that it was a WIP when the vid was made.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

14 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Apologies for showing my ignorance here, but one of the cockpits has labelling in French. Is that the way that plane is manufactured/delivered everywhere in the world (I'm assuming it's a French made plane) or does this suggest cockpits could be language regionalised? i.e., I don't know how the language of cockpit labelling is handled in real world aircraft. Naively I had assumed it would all be in English as that's the standard language for ATC (or am I wrong with that as well?) So much to learn!

What would be really nice is if Asobo/MS would provide some nice hi-res desktop wallpapers of the cockpits, etc. as they become finalised. At the moment we have to do video screen capture or rely on the relatively few images available on the Insider page.

I'm going to be a happy camper as the two planes I'll spend most time in will be the X-Cub and the TBM. Looks like they've given extra love to the TBM because they're "just down the road" from Asobo.

Hey my friend, Bouteille, be happy for the price of just one flight simulator you  will have lessons in French coming along FREE ! 

• Like 2

Dominique

2 hours ago, in2tech said:

I think people under estimate their ability 🙂 It appears they want to come out of the gate shining with the default aircraft working like the real life ones! Only time will tell!

Not underestimating their ability at all - anything they choose not to model will be more based on marketing and strategy than technical difficulty.  It just doesn't make much sense, financial or otherwise, to please everybody for all time with a one-off, relatively low-cost purchase.

Yes ridicolous bad. A very dissapointing episode

You do realize that it is a privilege that we do get previews like these...? MS and Asobo are going to great lengths to keep us informed on a very regular basis which never happened before with a flight sim, in fact, I wonder if this has been done like this with any game out there. It's unprecedented. We should be thankful and grateful and happy with what we are getting all the time. I find it utterly odd (to put it mildly) that someone can call a preview like this 'bad' and 'disappointing'. Regardless of the content...! Seriously. Some people...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

"Keep in mind that this video was made for the Global Preview Event last September."

If that's the case, they could mention that. The do have the X-Cub cockpit in there and it wasn't shown at the Seattle event. Does the real X-cub have a digital cockpit? 

And no mention of how deep the systems are except from they have Sids & STARS (which is a good thing), And showing how the camera system works would also be nice.

Yes, I may sound very sceptical, but seeing the first 3 development videos, I just don't think this one was up to par with them.

Forget it, you can't say anything here.

I agree with you, more pretty pictures on show, no substance. The most important thing to know is the depth of the system simulation and this was completely left out. Surprise, surprise.

The checklist system, yes, great, be just like the Super 80 I've had in FS9 for a decade and a half.

It appears the default aircraft will be same as past FS versions. For the good stuff you will be buying payware.

2D panels appear to be completely gone.

I'll take the heat off you, they'll all be quoting me now.

Edited by Skywatcher

Mark Daniels

9 minutes ago, Flamingpie said:

MS and Asobo are going to great lengths to keep us informed on a very regular basis which never happened before with a flight sim, in fact, I wonder if this has been done like this with any game out there. It's unprecedented. We should be thankful and grateful and happy with what we are getting all the time.

They all do this. Called promoting their game.

Mark Daniels

With the quality of default aircraft nearing or even exceeding the quality of some payware aircraft it also will become more difficult for users with limited financial resources like myself to justify spending 150$ on a PMDG product that will only be somewhat better (instead of leaps and bounds better) than a default plane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

in same time a heatly ecosysteme need third party dev.

but they put the bar very high, it's not only a challenge for another sim, but a challenge for all third party dev. 

Great epidode, a little short as I was just about to open my popcorn when it already ended...

I am greatful we are included in this WIP but I have 3 little disapointments:

- the head camera : Why didn't they show us how it actually reacts in turbulence, hard turns, or touchdown?

- This is personnal but I don't really like the graphical theme of the checklit (font) , it would be great to being able to choose between 2 or 3 different ones, (maybe on a notebook like in FSW?)

- Finally I am very disapointed by the Snapshot delay, I was really looking for it. I read their explanation but it would have been even more interesting if they shared with us their current Feedback Dashboard today and their up-to-date one mid december so we can compare them and see more clearly the direction the developpent is taking. Seriously, this not takes a lot of energy to post a picture.

Their cockpits look amazing by the way, great job and thank you 🙂

Edited by Noooch
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

With the quality of default aircraft nearing or even exceeding the quality of some payware aircraft it also will become more difficult for users with limited financial resources like myself to justify spending 150$ on a PMDG product that will only be somewhat better (instead of leaps and bounds better) than a default plane.

You’re assuming the flight model of default aircraft will be as good or better than that of third party versions. That is still an unknown. “You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig“ as someone once said.

Point me to any default aircraft in any sim where the quality of the flight model exceeds that of its third party equivalent.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather