Sign in to follow this  
chass32

What we want (in VR)

On 12/1/2019 at 12:51 PM, GCBraun said:

What ASOBO should do:

1. Download XP11

2. See what LR has done as an inspiration. 

So... you want it to run at 30 to 40 fps?

Yokes/sticks that suddenly move to full deflection with the slightest movement?

Immersion breaking lasers and glowing green things in the cockpit?

Lots of good ideas so far that are definitely needed.

One I didn't see mentioned is 'some way' to control or emulate as many keyboard keys as possible with VR UI and VR controllers.

It takes a ridiculous amount of key and key combinations to fly a complex plane, 'some how' we need to 'see' them and activate them on the fly. <no pun intended>

Edited by VeryBumpy

1 hour ago, Ikaro said:

So... you want it to run at 30 to 40 fps?

Yokes/sticks that suddenly move to full deflection with the slightest movement?

Immersion breaking lasers and glowing green things in the cockpit?

Did you get the "inspiration" point? Let me break it down for you: it means *improving* something that someone else has done.

Regarding the issues mentioned by you, I must say that VR performance on XP11 is VASTLY better when compared to P3Ds. It seems also that you do not know how to turn off the green markings (I have done that a long time ago) and perhaps also that you don't realize how the laser functionality helps folks with less space or with tables/equipment in front of them (that is a feature to me)

Hopefully MSFS will *improve* it and not do it in the half-baked way like P3D has done.

Intel i7 9700k - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 2080 Ti - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 ULTRA - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3200 - 2tb SSD - 10Tb HDD - Samsung NU7409 43" 4K-UHD TV
Oculus Rift S (Native VR) + TrackIR
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke + Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog (w. MONSTERTECH Mounts) + MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
X-Plane 11 / Prepar3D V4 / DCS

Take a look at how I have mastered VR in P3D with access to all materials/apps I need for the SIM in VR.

Edited by PrinceJohnson

Multiplayer in VR would be great: I mean it would be great to be able to fly in a shared cockpit with a fellow simmer. 

And it would be cool to have the controllers of the Rift S to appear in MSFS just like the controllers appear in the Oculus home environment (as hands, being  able to touch things...)

Edited by DocBird

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

My VR wish list:

1) Adaptive detail level to maintain a constant(ish) framerate. Either 90 / 80 fps or 45 / 40 fps.

2) Interact with the cockpit either using either virtual hands or laser pointers. Allow me to switch between the two in VR. (Aerofly has a good virtual hands implantation, X-Plane has a good laser pointer implementation).

3) A virtual tablet on the seat neat to me, or mounted on the yoke, that allows the user to access maps, charts and other info.

• Upvote 1

Something I have not seen discussed anywhere

In VR having the pilot body visible from the pilot position adds incredibly to the immersion effect.

Ideally the pilot arms and hands are coordinated with VR hands.(but I realize that is a big ask).

• Upvote 1