Sign in to follow this  
Scottoest

Any Reaction to the Alpha Yet?

3 hours ago, aleex said:

I’m all day on reddit looking for some leaks and I miss those ones :( but sound good. 

I imagine photogrammetry airports will looks different to autogen ones, but discovery series will clarify that. 

It was leaked on a Facebook group actually. 

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I just want to be on the testing team. I've joined back in October and have seen others that joined when I did already testing.  😏

Capt. Robert Rixx

7 hours ago, aleex said:

Well, a difference between 20 and 90 fps is noticeable unless you are completely blind.

Yeah it's very noticeable I'm not sure if that's what he meant, maybe he was talking about the physics, asobo said that even If you have low framerate the physics are going to be high framerate.

21 minutes ago, Lokote1998 said:

asobo said that even If you have low framerate the physics are going to be high framerate.

That only works up to a point though. When the frame rate drops too far, the feedback loop between user input and response from the aircraft starts to break, and you get into PIO (pilot induced oscillation). That happens in real aircraft too with response lag, but it's also a simulation issue when the frame rate drops too far.

It's why X-Plane starts slowing down world-time in the simulation when your frame rate drops below 20 fps, so you're effectively controlling a slower-moving and slower responding aircraft. It gives you just a little bit of a buffer until the aircraft can't be controlled at all. Meanwhile, the sim can be running multiple iterations of the flight model behind the scenes for every frame generated, but that doesn't help because it's the graphics hardware that can't keep up.

• Upvote 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

There is no time frame or cutoff date in the NDA. No info released unless approved by Microsoft, so in theory you might never hear anything about the Tech Alpha unless MS says it's okay. It would be past history and not relevant anyway, by the time there is either a public demo or full release. 

I'm seeing people on FB saying they haven't been able to get back into their previous sims since the alpha has spoiled them.
I'm guessing the alpha has the same content as the build at the preview event.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

23 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I'm seeing people on FB saying they haven't been able to get back into their previous sims since the alpha has spoiled them.
I'm guessing the alpha has the same content as the build at the preview event.

On the same post one guy mentioned that even the flight model is miles better than that of xplane and there is absolutely no reason to use xplane apart from the vr experience. Another one said that he deleted xplane.

• Like 3

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

41 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

On the same post one guy mentioned that even the flight model is miles better than that of xplane and there is absolutely no reason to use xplane apart from the vr experience. Another one said that he deleted xplane.

Yes I have seen a couple guys who said they deleted X-Plane as well lol. Not something I would do in their shoes since they don't know if they'll have alpha and beta access all the way up to release.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Im not in the alpha yet unfortunately but the Microsoft forums user page reveals all tech alpha users at the moment.

Not sure if Microsoft actually knows this???

I will therefore not post a link here.

Maybe they want to fix this? Not sure if its done intentionally?

12 minutes ago, 737Andi said:

Im not in the alpha yet unfortunately but the Microsoft forums user page reveals all tech alpha users at the moment.

Not sure if Microsoft actually knows this???

I will therefore not post a link here.

Maybe they want to fix this? Not sure if its done intentionally?

Or they just don't care.

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Or they just don't care.

If you are signed up you are there but you cannot read the alpha tester post but you know who they are a lot from Avsim,not a mistake it gives nothing away.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The usernames in the Tech Alpha forum are not necessarily the same as on Avsim, although some might be. If you had an Xbox game account with MS before the Alpha, that's the username that gets used.

• Like 1