Sign in to follow this  
dpergau

Aerosoft A32x Pro series - looking for opinions

Is it odd that I thoroughly enjoy the A320 form aerosoft...granted I don’t have the FSL so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing out. Having said that, the aerosoft soothes my Airbus needs...for now anyways.

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

28 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Is it odd that I thoroughly enjoy the A320 form aerosoft...granted I don’t have the FSL so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing out. Having said that, the aerosoft soothes my Airbus needs...for now anyways.

No its not odd and I am glad your enjoying it.

Your also right you don't know what your missing and that has nothing to do with failures. Just the pure immersion it brings, you have to see and yes..feel it.

But if the AS bus fills your needs that's great and not odd. Enjoy Gerry.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Your also right you don't know what your missing

I know one thing I'm not missing, is 100.00 bucks out of my pocket book! Perfectly content with the AS A320. But, I don't have clapboards on my shoulders, a Captains hat and force the Mrs to dress up like a flight attendant. 😉

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dpergau said:

I knew I'd get a quick response but you guys have outdone yourselves!  Thanks I will take a look at it.  Does FSL have an allergy to sales like PMDG?

Dan

Buy all of the wonderful Flightsim Labs Airbuseses(?) available.  Get the A320, A319 and A321.  They're all outstanding aircraft that load and fly a little different.

FSLab's A320 is very comparable to PMDG or Majestic (or Leonardo Maddog) in systems and quality.  Aerosoft is very good, but they are more in the ballpark with Qualitywings, which there is nothing wrong with these, they are beautiful and great quality, just a little lower on the system simulation. Actually intentionally so. They simulate normal flight to city-pare without any failure.

Which, it can be argued that no one simulates failures accurately anyway, but I like knowing it's there.

Bob

• Like 1

I have approached the FSL website to purchase the FSL A320 several times over the past year excited by the reviews but tempered by the cost.  After calculating the buy cost in local dollars. The last time I looked was December and the local buy (over the Internet), was  NZ $200. As i had already purchased the earlier Aerosoft A320 the cost of upgrading to the professional release by contrast was considerably cheaper at the time. While I have been frustrated with ongoing issues - for the most part, and lately, my flights have been trouble free. Indeed i have just completed a SID and STAR from,  and to,  my local airport in strong gusty conditions,  and it worked out very well,  picking up the localizer and following the approach to touchdown on the dot. (latest ver 1.3) 

So, while I am envious to a degree of owners of the FSL A320, and its added features such as icing simiulations, engine faults, international cabin announcements....I have to think carefully about spending that kind of money.  I recently purchased the A330 from Aerosoft and an upgrade cost of only NZ$47 so i feel vindicated in that because I am also really enjoying the A330,.

True neither of the Aerosoft products comes up to the same levle as the FSL A320 - but then neither do they cost anything close to the amount charged for the FSLA320. So it is a economic consideration on my part..You may not find the choice so inhibiting... Best wishes on your choice

Edited by ray hughes
  • Like 1

Most importantly, Buy what you can afford. You most certainly get what you pay for between the fslabs and aerosoft offerings. In my opinion, the fslabs is the best airliner on the market, and Thats coming form a Boeing guy. The immersion you get from the sounds itself straight out of the “box” is worth it in my opinion.  It beats everything pmdg has put out so far. 

• Like 2

Orman

If you want indepth systems simulation than the FSLabs is the best.

If you want a reasonable simulation (less systems focused) with the best visuals, than the Aerosoft is better than the FSLabs series. 

Value wise, the Aerosoft is a much better option. The FSLabs will run you over $250 and you still wont have all that you have with the Aerosoft offering. What you do get with FSLabs is the best systems simulation of an Airbus. If the "systems/electrical stuff" isn't really a top of mind for you than the FSL offering is most certainly not for you. 

Edited by Arklight1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

YES, THE PURCHASE OF THE FSLABS IS REALLY EXPENSIVE ! BE CAREFUL!

But:

They are together with the PMDG NGX and NGXu the cheapest aircraft in my collection. I used them so many times that every flighthour are just cents now. Maybe less 😀.

I've a lot cheaper (Purchase Price) aircraft in my Hangar, like TFDI 717, Aerosoft A330 or CRJ. But I don't use them really. Some of them I can't use because I've not the required stable 18 FPS. So every flighthour with these Aircraft was much more expensive.

With this question: Aerosoft A32x Pro series - looking for opinions , you opened an really heavy discussion with a lot of opinions and also wrong statements (I don't say it, has something to do with the FSLABS).

Have fun with your choice, BE CAREFUL, read this forum if you find more topics about Aerosoft Airbus and FSLABS. An after that, make your choice.

Regards

Urmel

• Like 3

Is the FSLabs Airbus a more "complete" version compared to the Aerosoft offering? It better be, since the former costs about 3-4 times as much. Leaving aside the fact that I willl never ever touch a product made by FSLabs, I find that the Aerosoft airbus provides good value for money. 

It behaves nicely, and has a few nice little touches: co-pilot interaction, RAAS, good integration with GSX, an excellent tutorial flight pdf, just to name a few. Support is decent and many liveries are available. 

Two downsides: no wing flex and the outside textures are kinda low rez - I guess that saves precious frames. 

Given the affordable pricing, it's a no brainer, IMHO.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Given the affordable pricing, it's a no brainer, IMHO.

yep. Some of us aren't in the class to afford the best of everything. We must, everyday, way value to cost. I'm not interested in this so called "Study Level". I do this more for entertainment and quite sure the vast majority are also. The Aerosoft airbus works fantastic for such. Though if you want Study level there, is a choice.

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

yep. Some of us aren't in the class to afford the best of everything. We must, everyday, way value to cost. I'm not interested in this so called "Study Level". I do this more for entertainment and quite sure the vast majority are also. The Aerosoft airbus works fantastic for such. Though if you want Study level there, is a choice.

The study level does not prevent the entertainment...quite the contrary 😎.

Richard

• Like 4

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

The study level does not prevent the entertainment...quite the contrary 😎.

Richard

It's good we have choices. Let us not criticize because of our own person believes and or opinions.

• Like 1

For me it’s not the fact that the FSL aircraft have more systems and failure modes, but that these everyday workhorses just work as expected and are not cursed with the bugginess and sometimes sloppy programming of less expensive offerings. Quite simply they are programmed to a high quality, providing a unique sense of immersion and therefore come at a premium price point. 

Edited by deetee
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, deetee said:

For me it’s not the fact that the FSL aircraft have more systems and failure modes, but that these everyday workhorses just work as expected and are not cursed with the bugginess and sometimes sloppy programming of less expensive offerings. Quite simply they are programmed to a high quality and therefore come at a premium price point. 

100% agree

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, Adrian123 said:

It's good we have choices. Let us not criticize because of our own person believes and or opinions.

Definitely approved!

Richard

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|