Sign in to follow this  
Carts85

Alpha Forum Access - C’mon MS/Asobo!

A good suggestion by Baber20 that I think deserves its own thread.

What would be the harm to now open up the alpha forum access to everyone that applied for the alpha. I’d happily sign an NDA and take read only access to the forum. The content being released as much as we appreciate it is at a snail pace.

Cmon MS/Asobo help out the guys that missed out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

+1 here

Would love to see the screenshots the alphas are taking.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 1

Im with you!

• Like 1

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Great idea........

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Putting our shear desperation aside at this point can anyone say there is any good reason why MS/Asobo shouldn’t do this? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

+1 here

Exactly... I think that’s all we want and general feedback from the guys testing it.. Good or bad we’re aware this is alpha. We missed out due to our hardware or just plain bad luck but I don’t see any reason why we can’t be involved in this manner.

• Like 1

The problem is that those of us not in the alpha would be able to break the nda with little reason to fear repercussions

Edited by Krakin
  • Upvote 8

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I signed up day one, but was not fortunate enough for selection but reading the forums would at least make up for not being selected for the time being.   When your insider they have all our information.  Getting into the forums is as important as actually having a build with the same NDA being applicable.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hmm, I see your point Krakin but they could then exclude that person from any future early access alpha/beta waves. 

Edited by Carts85

1 hour ago, ca_metal said:

+1 here

Well, it's an Alpha build, remember? Not a finished product. Many of the screenshots are likely to be aimed at showing MS/ASOBO the things that need fixing, and not the sexy stuff you see in the promotional shots and videos. Pretty shots with no problems don't help the developers improve the sim, which is the whole point of the Alpha test!

So don't expect Alpha testers to be releasing their own screen shots independently.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

So don't expect Alpha testers to be releasing their own screen shots independently.

Nobody has asked anyone to release any screenshots independently or take any risk breaking the NDA. The “sexy” screenshots haven’t been asked for once either. It’s about a sense of inclusion and being kept informed on the latest progress even the screenshots of what needs improving will be extremely interesting to us all. I think you’ve missed the point.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 2

This would be a nice gesture indeed, I don't see why it couldn't be that way.

I would happily sign a NDA to be in the loop.

29 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Well, it's an Alpha build, remember? Not a finished product. Many of the screenshots are likely to be aimed at showing MS/ASOBO the things that need fixing, and not the sexy stuff you see in the promotional shots and videos. Pretty shots with no problems don't help the developers improve the sim, which is the whole point of the Alpha test!

Pretty sure the alpha forum is full of "sexy" shots, similar to what happens on the flightsim subreddit and I'm also sure MSobo (I like this amalgamation lol) have no issue with that.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.