Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

3 hours ago, domkle said:

Nice wrap up.

I was not thrilled to see what I saw in the TBM vid from the 15’’ to the 30’’ marks. The clouds lighting fluctuating in  abrupt changes from the  dark to the light to the dark etc. by changing the angle of vision. Some work still to do here. Reminds me of one of P3D unwelcome features.

The lighting changes were caused by lightning strikes!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jcomm said:

where the big iron producers get in and start pulling fro our pockets at and astounding rate ...

Cognitive dissonance to serve an agenda, I wonder?

36 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Not Portuguese.

And I can add to this pille of thoughts, the much much more X-Plane has always provided to it's user community for free than either the MFS or P3D platforms, where the big iron producers get in and start pulling fro our pockets at and astounding rate ..

« Conheça o novo FS2020 » sounds Portuguese to me.

For the record, nobody has ever pulled anything from my pocket,  « big iron producers » or not. Anyway, what has it to do with the videos ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

42 minutes ago, jcomm said:

... that riiculous pitch woobling...

The takeoff under x-wind in the DA62 is also a good showcase of limitations that are after all so so common to XP...

Care to explain in more detail?

Edited by FDEdev
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, nikita said:

The lighting changes were caused by lightning strikes!

You are right, the lightning not the angle of vision, I stand corrected here. I still feel it a bit overdone though.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 minutes ago, domkle said:

« Conheça o novo FS2020 » sounds Portuguese to me.

For the record, nobody has ever pulled anything from my pocket,  « big iron producers » or not. Anyway, what has it to do with the videos ?

Portuguese is a nationality and a language. The guy can speak Portuguese, and not necessarily be of Portuguese nationality.

I'll try to give some reasons for the thoughts I shared in my post:

.) Weather: looks after all to me that with a bit more of investment, like that provided by at least one already available product for X-Plane, we can expect the same visuals at least for XP12, and given we should expect much better use of resources with Vulkan, that will certainly make it a lot more fluid than what people using xEnviro presently report. Just a thought because I am not even an xEnviro user...

.) Wobling in pitch, particularly present in the DA 62 video is typical of "Bet" approaches - we can find it in XP, but also in IL.2... which follow very similar FDM approaches, and now too in MFS. at least in some of the 172 and now DA 62 videos. Watch out the aircraft nose reacts to brisk yoke inputs ( elevator )… It wobbles like tied by rubber band to the trimmed state, when perturbed in pitch...

.) Turbulence effects: care to notice how similar they look to the turbulence model used in XP...

.) Ground handling under x-wind, particularly noticeable in that DA62 takeoff as the nose wheel "get's lighter"... and check the rudder inputs during the takeoff run...

Honestly - and of course with due limitations caused by being solely based on visual observation of videos… - it all looks strongly familiar to me- could be X-Plane...

Now, the autogen does look more convincing that that in XP11, actually a LOT more convincing, but heck, maybe XP12 can bring something new in this area too...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

28 minutes ago, jcomm said:

1. Wobling in pitch, particularly present in the DA 62 video is typical of "Bet" approaches ...Watch out the aircraft nose reacts to brisk yoke inputs ( elevator )… It wobbles like tied by rubber band to the trimmed state, when perturbed in pitch...

2. Turbulence effects: care to notice how similar they look to the turbulence model used in XP...

3. Ground handling under x-wind, particularly noticeable in that DA62 takeoff as the nose wheel "get's lighter"... and check the rudder inputs during the takeoff run...

1. I have no idea how can get to this conclusion without seing the actual control inputs. We don't even know what kind of joystick (if any at all)  this guy is using, let alone how much this behavior can be tuned within the FDE.  I can make such 'wobbly' FDEs with FSX/P3D as well.

2. And what's so bad about x-planes general turbulence model?

3. Didn't notice anything special here either.

Edited by FDEdev
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, jcomm said:

.) Weather: looks after all to me that with a bit more of investment, like that provided by at least one already available product for X-Plane, we can expect the same visuals at least for XP12, and given we should expect much better use of resources with Vulkan, that will certainly make it a lot more fluid than what people using xEnviro presently report. Just a thought because I am not even an xEnviro user...

.) Wobling in pitch, particularly present in the DA 62 video is typical of "Bet" approaches - we can find it in XP, but also in IL.2... which follow very similar FDM approaches, and now too in MFS. at least in some of the 172 and now DA 62 videos. Watch out the aircraft nose reacts to brisk yoke inputs ( elevator )… It wobbles like tied by rubber band to the trimmed state, when perturbed in pitch...

.) Turbulence effects: care to notice how similar they look to the turbulence model used in XP...

There's a lot of speculation about a video of an alpha-stage simulator.

I look through my window (real view) and find the clouds rendering very not beautiful. Again, what was the weather selected at the time he made his video?

You prefer xp12, it's great because we're talking about something that is not even in alpha stage. So to prefer a software that doesn't exist to a software that only exists in alpha stage is a concept...

So I leave you I'm going back to do a little vfr flight in alpha in Spain near ronda )

But a little info: all the screens of the alpha testers chosen by Microsoft are without post-processing and real.

Edited by azulkb

13 minutes ago, azulkb said:

ugh my window (real view) and find the clouds rendering very not beautiful. Again, what was the weather selected at the time he made his video?

You prefer xp12, it's great because we're talking about something that is not even in alpha stage. So to prefer a software that doesn't exist to a software that only exists in alpha stage is a concept...

I don't prefer anything, quite on the contrary - I am very critic about X-plane - Have always been ...

I just don't really feel the hype as many do about MFS, and the more I see from the Alfas, the more this turns out to be my feel about it, as much as I want it to become a really interesting option...

I keep playing my combat sims… and PSX mostly… and calmly waiting for whatever the future may bring to both platforms and, at the same time I feel more comfortable with not having to feel like there's **only** going to be MFS after it's release...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

Too much hype about any product leads to disappointment. My own definition of the term is to project a utopia a dream onto something real. But a utopia is still a utopia.

It's still a simulator, not a magic trick.

And we don't even know if the alphas can choose the level o difficulty on the settings. He hits the plane really hard on the ground and the plane doesn't crash. He seems to be playing it on some kind of easy mode.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, azulkb said:

Too much hype about any product leads to disappointment. My own definition of the term is to project a utopia a dream onto something real. But a utopia is still a utopia.

It's still a simulator, not a magic trick.

Blind hype and negative incredulity are both to be fled like the plague. MS has taken a bet, to redesign from the ground up a simulator which has reached a fair level of quality with P3D (whatever the naysayers say). It cannot but come with teething problems, anything from the streaming to the flight models, weather and so on and so forth.  Also, the great team at Asobo makes esthetic choices that not everybody will share (for instance, the clouds).

A baby has teething problem before becoming a nice boy or girl 😉

• Like 2

Dominique

Massive shout out to those who have gone out of their way to point out these videos have been leaked & they are a breach of the NDA and we should be reporting them...because without you I would have never stumbled upon them!

I mean if you really had the best intentions at heart you would have just reported the Gamertag to Microsoft with a screenshot or copy of the video without telling anyone else but that's just my thoughts on this.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, divide said:

Uh? What's wrong with the clouds? 

Allow me not to enter a useless discussion which will drag this thread to an inevitable closure.  My point is that the esthetic choices made by Asobo, for anything, including clouds, cannot please everybody. And we have already seen some comments in this direction. 

• Like 2

Dominique