Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

2 minutes ago, mSparks said:

They were posted on the original channel for his Fortnite videos. 1080, 3.7Ghz

I think it might be time to play you at your own game. You know, ratings written in such a way as to try and convey authority but with total negative bias and zero hands-on experience.

AutoATC Radio for XPlane currently has a 4.2 rating on Google Play. Let's see what it is 30 days from now. No lies of course, just opinions based on, well anything 😉

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, b737800 said:

But dont expect these graphics on anything less than an xbox2020

I think this will be true. Actually, I don't think it will come to current XBOX at all. I think it will be a release for the next gen.

36 minutes ago, b737800 said:

or a brand new $6000 PC plus a subscription to gamepass.

Nonsense. You won't need a $6000 PC. 2 grand will do very nicely as long as you build it yourself😁

37 minutes ago, b737800 said:

What we saw in the leak is likely going to be fairly close to what you get offline on current gen hardware.

This is probably not far from the mark but I don't think the guy was running the latest and greatest in PC parts and I don't believe he was running high settings and it wouldn't surprise me if he was not using a high speed internet connection. I think it looks far better than that if you have the number cruncher and the bandwidth.

43 minutes ago, b737800 said:

That is 4 sentences in 3 paragraphs, all based on the most pessimistic guesses you could possibly make. Just when I think you might be trying to shed some of the bias and stop looking at everything with your "glass is empty" mindset (we can only dream of you finding a half empty one) you come out with this twoddle.

Please allow the air to exit via the hole that is approximately 3ft higher than the one you are currently using.

I have seen some of this fella's posts and must confess to thinking that he has set his face against this flight sim in a most negative fashion. I don't share this negativity. In fact, I have not been this excited since I received a snooker table for Christmas some 30 years ago. However, it does not mean everything he says should be dismissed. Some of it is not necessairly negative or too far from the mark. Some of it is realistic.

There is no doubt that this will be a game changer in many regards and will be a huge leap forward and one we all deserve but I do see a lot of "pie in the sky" thinking especially regarding the XBOX release.  Some seem to think that they will be running this on an XBOX One. They won't be. If there is a release on that console which is now very old, and highly unlikely, it will look nothing like the release on PC. The only console this will be showing up on will be next gen console but again, some seem to think it will be the same as the PC version. It won't be. Most of this thinking seems to be coming from people who have no experience with consoles. In fact, I'm not sure many who are under the impression that the new xbox will replace their sim PC really understand what consoles are and what their limitations are in regards to how locked down they are.

That said I have seen a lot of nonsense from the neysayers too. The truth, as always is somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

21 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I'm breaking my own rule of not giving trolls any kind of attention but that post was just insane. And not in a good way.

He's now on ignore, I've had enough of the troll.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

58 minutes ago, mSparks said:

If I was being pessimistic I would be talking about the way the nose of the aircraft snaps back down level every time he lets go of the yolk

This concerned me too but how do we know that he was not playing with the legacy  dynamics we heard speak of and/or that he was not using baby physics settings?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

7 hours ago, Jazz said:

I think this will be true. Actually, I don't think it will come to current XBOX at all. I think it will be a release for the next gen.

Well let's try sticking to facts first. This is being made for windows 10 and Xbox One, that is official and until Microsoft say it is no more then it is coming to Xbox One. 

The Xbox One X, if it is optimised properly should play this fine. Remember this isn't being made for the Xbox Series X so the release for the Series X will be optimised and not fully taking advantage of the consoles power.  But even if it did, there is no reason why it wont look as good as the PC release if the rumoured specs of the Series X are confirmed. 

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mSparks said:

raymarched (not raytraced) clouds, high performance global lighting and pbr out of the box.

You could be right on some of your beliefs. The problem is it costs way to much for all the add-ons. It appears from what I’ve seen that this new simulator is very good in many aspects. Once again I would remind people we are looking at an Alpha build as well.

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please don't quote the entire post you are replying to!

8 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

Nope. 

The original uploaders channel.  This is who released them.  Have a look at the first video titled Mohamad Hamish Lebanon. It's the guy in the cam in the video. This is the channel I downloaded them from on the initial release

mSparks is right. The original leaker has a 8700K with 32GB:

They match with the specs reported on his Fortnite channel, that also include a 1080.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

All this arguing over a 720p video that is compressed. None of you know what Microsoft have asked for him to test either. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jazz said:

This concerned me too but how do we know that he was not playing with the legacy  dynamics we heard speak of and/or that he was not using baby physics settings?

Unlikely, the legacy FSX dynamics would have produced a much tamer aircraft. Moreover, I bet default aircrafts don't have legacy dynamics at all.

If he used "easy" settings for flight realism, I think the aircraft should have been a lot more tame and stable, rather than more twitchy.

In any case I'm very happy they went to this new flight model. There's plenty of time (before and also after release, for both Asobo and add-on devs) to work on it and improve if needed.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

VIDEOS must be embedded or post removed.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I can't understand how despite this being a low bit-rate, 720p video that's been further compressed by reuploads, I can still see that this is heads and shoulders above anything we've seen before but some people are talking like its a bad sign of what's to come. Funny enough Eurogamer agrees with me and they're the home of Digital Foundry lol.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

54 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Well let's try sticking to facts first. This is being made for windows 10 and Xbox One, that is official and until Microsoft say it is no more then it is coming to Xbox One. 

The Xbox One X, if it is optimised properly should play this fine. Remember this isn't being made for the Xbox Series X so the release for the Series X will be optimised and not fully taking advantage of the consoles power.  But even if it did, there is no reason why it wont look as good as the PC release if the rumoured specs of the Series X are confirmed. 

As I said, IF this is released on the One how do you think it will compare to the PC version? Knowing the HUGE discrepency in hardware between a PC and One and the locked down nature of XBOX, it's marketplace and LIVE? And when it's released on the Series X it may LOOK as good as the PC for a couple of years (maybe) but it won't RUN as well and you won't have the Addons or periphiral options. It will be a locked down experience. That just is what consoles are.

Look, I'm not ragging on the console or trying to put it down at all. They have their place. I have one, I always have had one and I will probably get a Series X but as I stated in another thread consoles are a compromise. That is why they exist and why they sell. I think a console release is brilliant for the flight sim community because I see this as potentially introducing many new people to this wonderful hobby and boy oh boy do we need new blood. But, If people think they can pack their simming rig away and switch to the console they are in for a shock unless you want default planes and a game like experience. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If that is all you want then the console, will be fine. I'm sure of it. But if you want to fly PMDG with PFPX etc etc then you will have to be sticking with the PC.

I have laid out my 6 month plan to myself to upgrade my machine ready for the release because I am confident, well, I'm certain that the experience will not be the same on the console as it will on the PC and I am going to need top hardware to ring the absolute best that I can out of the experience. That is what I want from my sim, the absolute best in performance, looks and aircraft complexity and for that the console is not an option. Nothing has really changed in this regard. PMDG won't be having their aircraft on XBOX marketplace and if they did it would bring an XBOX ONE to it's knees and I don't see the likes of PFPX etc doing it either. I am simply suggesting that anyone who feels the same about simming will need to consider the same.

Time will tell.

Edited by Jazz

43 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Unlikely, the legacy FSX dynamics would have produced a much tamer aircraft. Moreover, I bet default aircrafts don't have legacy dynamics at all.

If he used "easy" settings for flight realism, I think the aircraft should have been a lot more tame and stable, rather than more twitchy.

In any case I'm very happy they went to this new flight model. There's plenty of time (before and also after release, for both Asobo and add-on devs) to work on it and improve if needed.

I'm inclined to agree. It's fun to speculate though 😉

• Upvote 1

As long as we're speculating, how about that maybe his trim settings sucked?

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5