Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

6 hours ago, Jazz said:

As I said, IF this is released on the One how do you think it will compare to the PC version?

You need to go back and read what you said. As you said this wont come to Xbox One. 

Edited by n4gix
REMOVED EXCESSIVE QUOTE!!! Please stop quoting the entire post you are replying to!

22 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

As long as we're speculating, how about that maybe his trim settings sucked?

I think its more likely the guy was playing with a mouse and keyboard and didn't even have a stick or hotas.

Either way I thought the vids were impressive and I'm glad I saw them.  I wish Microsoft would release more videos of simple casual flights in the new sim, like complete airport to airport flights with traffic and ATC and all.

Edited by Mengy

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

As long as we're speculating, how about that maybe his trim settings sucked?

Of course speculation from a video is something different from what you alpha testers know.

But in FSX, even with the wrong trim, the aircrafts are a lot tamer than the one in the video. That one appears somewhat similar to XP aircrafts in terms of flight dynamics. Not that it's necessarily wrong. XP aircrafts fly much better now compared to years ago. Certainly the aircraft in the video is much more lively on the pitch axis compared to FSX. As I said, not necessarily a problem.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

9 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Sparky once again linked to something with almost no relevance to the discussion... bless.

Call me Mr Picky, but one of the criteria I use for a flight simulator is that it actually has aircraft in it.

If everyone just blocked the troll named mSparks, the MSFS2020 subforum would be a nicer place.

Seriously nothing you guys say to him is going to change his mind. He’s just here to be a negative and poop on you, he doesn’t care about facts or truth. He just wants to rile you guys up and give him attention.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

You need to go back and read what you said. As you said this wont come to Xbox One. 

" Some seem to think that they will be running this on an XBOX One. They won't be. IF there is a release on that console which is now very old, and highly unlikely, it will look nothing like the release on PC. The only console this will be showing up on will be next gen console but again, some seem to think it will be the same as the PC version. "

Correct, I don't believe it will be on the One but IF it is it won't be anywhere near looking like the PC version. Perhaps it will turn up on the One X but as I said, it will not be the same as the PC version. Even the Series X won't be the same as the PC version. It will be a locked down environment!

However, it makes ZERO sense for Microsoft to push this out onto a platform that will be dead by the time it launches. The series X is due October-ish and I suspect this sim will launch at a similar time on PC with the console version to follow next year. A guess indeed but an educated one. Why on on earth wouldn't Microsoft use this sim with its mind blowing detail to showcase their new machines? I predict you won't see this on the One and if you do you wouldnt want to play it on it and you only MAY see it on the One X.

I wouldn't expect much from anything less than a Series X or a nice PC. That's realistic and I think most know it.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

Which MSFS2020 videos have you been watching?

That looks like a Disney cartoon to me.

Edited by n4gix
Removed quoted video. It only needs to be posted ONCE.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Just now, Jazz said:

That looks like a Disney cartoon to me.

Just to be clear, the avatar or the video?

4 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Just to be clear, the avatar or the video?

🙂 The video.

Looks interesting. Where can I buy it, what hardware does it run on (ie does it run on average current gen PCs) and where is the consumer forum for it?

Please critique it in the same way that you are the Alpha of MSFS.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jazz said:

" Some seem to think that they will be running this on an XBOX One. They won't be. IF there is a release on that console which is now very old, and highly unlikely, it will look nothing like the release on PC. The only console this will be showing up on will be next gen console but again, some seem to think it will be the same as the PC version. "

Correct, I don't believe it will be on the One but IF it is it won't be anywhere near looking like the PC version. Perhaps it will turn up on the One X but as I said, it will not be the same as the PC version. Even the Series X won't be the same as the PC version. It will be a locked down environment!

However, it makes ZERO sense for Microsoft to push this out onto a platform that will be dead by the time it launches. The series X is due October-ish and I suspect this sim will launch at a similar time on PC with the console version to follow next year. A guess indeed but an educated one. Why on on earth wouldn't Microsoft use this sim with its mind blowing detail to showcase their new machines? I predict you won't see this on the One and if you do you wouldnt want to play it on it and you only MAY see it on the One X.

I wouldn't expect much from anything less than a Series X or a nice PC. That's realistic and I think most know it.

You said -

"I think this will be true. Actually, I don't think it will come to current XBOX at all. I think it will be a release for the next gen"

Which I said let's stick to facts. It IS coming to Xbox One officially. The Xbox One includes the Xbox One X. 

23 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Looks interesting. Where can I buy it, what hardware does it run on (ie does it run on average current gen PCs) and where is the consumer forum for it?

The fps in the demo dipped to sub 30 at times. Add a 3d cockpit to that and my PC just ran away in terror.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

You said -

"I think this will be true. Actually, I don't think it will come to current XBOX at all. I think it will be a release for the next gen"

Which I said let's stick to facts. It IS coming to Xbox One officially. The Xbox One includes the Xbox One X. 

🤨 Give me strength! CORRECT! as I just reiterated AGAIN! I, that's ME would not be the slightest bit surprised if it didn't come to the One or the One S. I wouldn't even be shocked if it never showed up on the One X. I don't believe it will make sense or that it does make sense to launch this on what will be a dead platform......... BUT....it MAY and IF....IF, the little word with the big meaning, IF it does come to any of them, then it will not be the same as the pc version.

It may well be officially listed as an XBOX One release but it won't be the same.

10 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I don't believe it will make sense or that it does make sense to launch this on what will be a dead platform..

Xbox/one/X will probably get Stadia style streaming,

35 minutes ago, b737800 said:

If you are that desperate to change the topic, why not continue this

2 hours ago, b737800 said:

I think it might be time to play you at your own game. You know, ratings written in such a way as to try and convey authority but with total negative bias and zero hands-on experience.

AutoATC Radio for XPlane currently has a 4.2 rating on Google Play. Let's see what it is 30 days from now. No lies of course, just opinions based on, well anything 😉

here

Happy to discuss any items, hands on experience or not.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

14 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

The fps in the demo dipped to sub 30 at times. Add a 3d cockpit to that and my PC just ran away in terror.

Exactly. At the time we tested, the engine was pretty but quite slow and heavy.

Years later, who knows, but I suspect, making a world sim from it would be quite a job.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5