Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

10 minutes ago, ual763 said:

And this is exactly why they don’t want them getting leaked.  Because people like you will make baseless assumptions based on a 720p video filmed by someone filming his computer screen with a phone...

those video where captured using Nvidia ShadowPlay. Perhaps you should at least get your facts right before you criticize some else post.

"baseless assumptions based on"

You know what that is right?

Edited by Avidean

Honestly, the thing that ticks me off the most about all this is that this moron who can barely keep from stalling got into the alpha but me, a commercial pilot, was passed over despite signing up on the first day. 

What happened to "everyone who signed up will get in?"

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

it was the worst footage ive ever seen, 720p stream quality and the framerate looked about 15fps very cinematic 

1 minute ago, LeoPilot said:

it was the worst footage ive ever seen, 720p stream quality and the framerate looked about 15fps very cinematic 

Yeah, it's a bit blurry. 

Edited by bonchie

40 minutes ago, Avidean said:

The more I look at the footage. The more I see a pig with lipstick if you follow my train of thought!  😆

But that's just nonsense!!!

Ok there's a leak with a video of the alpha with in it good, very good and average. It's not like promotional videos that express the goal of a finished project.

If everything is like in promotional videos at this point then why isn't it commercially available?

i am in alpha. So I cannot say if you are in true or not. Is not FairPlay for me. But   alpha is an alpha. This guy play with how many bandwitch, ram, settings ?

you know? No.

• Like 1

Absolutely, we have no idea about his graphic card, the graphic settings and available bandwidth. Plus the resolution (720p) and youtube compression is horrible. Deducing anything from that footage graphic-wise and how it'll look and run on your computer is just impossible.

Edited by divide
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, divide said:

Absolutely, we have no idea about his graphic card, the graphic settings and the bandwidth he has. Plus the resolution (720p) and youtube compression is horrible. Deducing anything from that footage graphic-wise and how it'll look and run on your computer is just impossible.

Completely agree, but you could tell the scenery technology, the clouds, the weather effects, and lighting were all a step above anything we have now. 

The closest you'll come to seeing what's in that video in a current sim is P3D with about half a grand in addons, and even then the lighting, clouds, and weather effects won't be close to as good and the scenery will be limited to whatever Orbx region you are in. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3

Pull up, pull up, terrain, terrain, hey pardon me Mr. I'll part your hair for you.  Lol 

Besides his skills, I'm still impressed with the Simulator... alot!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, azulkb said:

But that's just nonsense!!!

next time you are in McDonald's Take a look at your BigMac then take a look at the picture of the BigMac and then take a look at the your BigMac again. You see that? That's what we are dealing with here. That's what we are dealing with all the time.....

A common refrain that used to be used to describe P3D in the earlier days was "a pig with lipstick". Perhaps not so much in this forum but in another. Intended to indicate that is was still FSX but looked a bit better.

14 minutes ago, bonchie said:

The closest you'll come to seeing what's in that video (the 1st one is all I watched so far) is P3D with about half a grand in addons

So you'll admit that there is a currently available option that comes close to what's in that video? And that turns out to be P3D?

Look I'm not saying that's its not visually better than P3D V4.5. For a lot of reasons it is and it will certainly have better performance.

But its definitely FSX reworked. looking at the scenery it looks like satellite scenery with autogen. Something that is already available. Granted the autogen is generated a different way.

I'll reiterate: I would anticipate that the competition between Prepar3D V5, X-Plane 12 and Microsoft Flight Simulator will not be the slam dunk that everyone thinks its going to be.

Edited by Avidean
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, goates said:

They may well blacklist the account for other games Microsoft recruits alpha testers for too.

What I liked is that the leaker embedded in a corner a  small of windows of  himself playing the sim, à la Twitch. I have never really understood this new mania but there, well, it is rather grotesque .

29 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Completely agree, but you could tell the scenery technology, the clouds, the weather effects, and lighting were all a step above anything we have now. 

T

Difficult to make one's opinion. The You Tube videos are of a bad quality and badly shot. I wonder also if he was even using a joystick or rather his keyboard or at best a console controller. 

Now, the only thing I would comment is that his erratic moves up and down in the Diamond video (outside view) show that the clouds and light rendering on the clouds are no ready for prime time.

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

35 minutes ago, bonchie said:

the thing that ticks me off the most about all this is that this moron who can barely keep from stalling got into the alpha but me, a commercial pilot, was passed over despite signing up on the first day. 

Did you tell them that?

Did you consider the possibility you are not the target audience....

• Upvote 2

AutoATC Developer

17 minutes ago, Avidean said:

So you'll admit that there is a currently available option that comes close to what's in that video? And that turns out to be P3D?

Look I'm not saying that's its not visually better than P3D V4.5. For a lot of reasons it is and it will certainly have better performance.

But its definitely FSX reworked. looking at the scenery it looks like satellite scenery with autogen. Something that is already available. Granted the autogen is generated a different way.

I'll reiterate: I would anticipate that the competition between Prepar3D V5, X-Plane 12 and Microsoft Flight Simulator will not be the slam dunk that everyone thinks its going to be.

No, I don't admit that and if you wouldn't have snipped off most of my reply, I clearly say that's not what I think. Lighting, weather, clouds, etc. are not small things. They are a major part of the presentation. 

As to it being "FSX reworked," it's always been derivative. I'm not sure how that's a cut down. Satellite scenery with autogen across the globe is simply not "already available." Some companies do select regions to varying effect and it's expensive. Or you can use something free like Ortho4XP in XP11, but the buildings and draw distance are garbage (along with all the other warts of XP11). This is a step above anything else on the market, and it's default and global. 

When P3Dv5 is confirmed to be anything but yet another incremental step, then we can talk about it and I've supported P3D for a long time. XP12 is years off and Austin's piecemeal (and sometimes outright stubborn) design philosophy will never truly compete with the total package of a MS (or even P3D) flight simulation platform. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Did you tell them that?

So true and a great point about the target audience...

Many in this niche are going to lose their minds when they see some of the inexperience and different ways of enjoying MSFS from users on Xbox hardware..

We must all try to remember that at one point we ALL were “new” and “young” and “learning”..

Edited by irrics
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Did you tell them that?

Of course I told them that on the survey. And given they asked the question about real world experience, I assume it's relevant.