Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

4 minutes ago, Theboot100 said:

I downloaded them for proof.  Last I checked they're still on the channel but trying to open the YouTube link leads to a page saying this video is private.

Had a feeling they would disappear/turn private quickly.  Point was to report the breach with proof but could not find anywhere to report it too.

If he privated the video himself, it was probably meant to be a private video uploaded on his channel but he accidently uploaded as public and realized his mistake some time later. The videos are down, the channel made them private, just call it a day and move on, instead of wasting time trying to be NDA police

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, noob123 said:

If he privated the video himself, it was probably meant to be a private video uploaded on his channel but he accidently uploaded as public and realized his mistake some time later. The videos are down, the channel made them private, just call it a day and move on, instead of wasting time trying to be NDA police

Most NDA’s I’m aware of forbid posting videos anywhere. Not sure about MSFS2020, but I would believe they are probably the same as most others. No sharing anything with anyone including your wife or child peering at your screen. Probably other things as well.

Wow - such hostility in here... Are people so bored out of their minds, that they just attack and beret another user, for this or is there some kind of sleep-depriving-illness spreading around, making people in a bad mood?

The OP merely asked about some videos he has found, and within 2 hours, he's been accused of being self-glorifying, 'NDA Police' and to stay out of it... 

Oh dear... tread carefully I guess. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

"and the full watermarks."

Does that mean that the watermarks are there all the time when a NDA user starts up MSFS? 

I have been a tester on a couple of things and have never seen that before.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

At the same time the production team may not want to have to justify every time for a possible delay or visible bug in an ongoing production. That's the only way to work calmly.

Watermarks are radical, but not enough finaly...

22 minutes ago, jlund said:

Does that mean that the watermarks are there all the time when a NDA user starts up MSFS?

Yes.

you can see it by yourself, MS posted some Screenshots made by some Alpha Testers.

7 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I'm going to bet Microsoft is already aware of this breach. The poster is more than likely no longer a tester. 

It is pretty low in my opinion to agree to honor an NDA and then violate for limited personal glory. 

To be honest, I think some testers don't even read those legal articles.

Judging the quality of some topics on various forums (not here) suggest that lot of people might not really be the brightest. I don't think MS takes that into consideration with the selection process. That's why I am actually surprised the NDA is working out as well as it does.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Same here, I'm really surprised we have so few leaks. I guess the watermark with the tester id is a big enough warning by itself.

• Upvote 1

youtube lets you "link only" videos which can easily be mistaken for private. They've actually been completely removed by the user now.

entirely possible the account that posted them in huge red highlighter on reddit isnt the account that made the videos, and just saw the video stats go stratospheric.

AutoATC Developer

23 minutes ago, divide said:

Same here, I'm really surprised we have so few leaks. I guess the watermark with the tester id is a big enough warning by itself.

I can imagine that MS can lock them out of the final release if they break the NDA, so that they can never play it again. This can be the reason why there are so few leaks.

ugcx_banner.png

That's a bit extreme and in no-one's interest, I think just being locked out of the alpha/beta program is a big enough threat by itself 🙂

• Upvote 1

Does the NDA allow for the posting of screenshots?  I assume it does given that there are a large number of testers that seem to be doing it!?

1 minute ago, Seabass said:

Does the NDA allow for the posting of screenshots?  I assume it does given that there are a large number of testers that seem to be doing it!?

Microsoft regularly publishes screenshots made by testers, those are the ones you see going around. Testers themselves can't post anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

when I see the panic and aggressiveness of some people because of the trees a little too big in central park, imagine without NDA, the pressure and the permanent insults for the slightest small defect in any place on the planet?

On a simple video published by ASOBO, we also manage to produce 10 pages of discussion on avsim about stall behaviour.

Working without public pressure is more comfortable. 

They had the choice between shutting everything down, like some productions where nobody has access to anything before release, or opening everything up, and suffering criticism all the time during the development phase. 

They chose the middle ground. a happy part of the public can test but with a mission: Help build this project, produce feedback.

But if you read the faq, they talk about several alpha phases, so there will still be invitations, and the term BETA is also mentioned in this FAQ, so we can assume a bigger opening this year. I seriously think that everyone will be able to build his opinion before the release, so before a possible purchase.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1