Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Panel light bug happens every load in

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, C525B said:

@Flysimware @ark

It's not volts...as indicated anyway.  I have the bug right now, but the voltmeter is showing >24V.  It's possible the cockpit gauge could reference a custom Lvar, but Mark would know that.

The set-up was: Loaded P3D with default F-22 flight as always. Selected the Lear (one of my repaints) and KSMX as the start point.  Walked away from PC while it loaded, came back probably ~5min after it finished loading.  Set "all systems off", then turned on Batt1 and AP lights were unresponsive to all three tests.

Good info, thanks for the feedback. Suggest you also try the "Read To Start" option as well.

In the Falcon50 subforum, was also working with a user that was having a problem with the light fix for the Falcon50. That was eventually solved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon. The difference compared to your Lear35 light problem is he had the problem every time, not randomly as in your case which is likely more difficult to figure out.

Sent you a PM.

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought this and none of the lights on the AP panel will light up - All the others will. Checked that AP master was turned on as well - Also tried the light fix in the previous page. This happens on each time I've tried loading into the plane and not random.

 

Edit: Managed to fix it - Uninstalled, reinstalled with Malwarebytes disabled. AP panel lights up as expected. 

Edited by MattGarner

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattGarner said:

Just bought this and none of the lights on the AP panel will light up - All the others will. Checked that AP master was turned on as well - Also tried the light fix in the previous page. This happens on each time I've tried loading into the plane and not random.

 

Edit: Managed to fix it - Uninstalled, reinstalled with Malwarebytes disabled. AP panel lights up as expected. 

Thanks for the information -- great feedback. So folks having problems with panel or AP lights should try uninstalling and reinstalling with all virus related software protection disabled to see if that solves their issues. Also suggest when doing this that all saved Lear35 flights be deleted.

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having this issue as well now. The lights worked every time at first and now suddenly they almost never work. Haven't changed a thing about the installation. It's rather frustrating. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flycln said:

Having this issue as well now. The lights worked every time at first and now suddenly they almost never work. Haven't changed a thing about the installation. It's rather frustrating. 😕

Hmm..yes, frustrating, and very strange to suddenly start happening. By any chance did you update or start using some 3rd party add-on like scenery, or maybe changed the GPS, or maybe now you are using a different saved flight?  Seems like something must of changed.

Exactly what lights are not working -- just AP lights or...?  Also,  what sim are you using, and do you start these flights with the a/c 'cold and dark'?  Starting from 'cold and dark' seems to be a common element with users having a light problem.

Suggest you try deleting any saved Lear flights, and start out by loading the default F-35 (assuming the sim is P3D, or some other default a/c if not using P3D) and then switch to the Lear and see if that makes any difference.

There is also a light-fix patch on the FSW website you cab try.

https://flysimware.com/website/help/L35_Panel_Light_Bug.zip

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ark said:

Hmm..yes, frustrating, and very strange to suddenly start happening. By any chance did you update or start using some 3rd party add-on like scenery, or maybe changed the GPS, or maybe now you are using a different saved flight?  Seems like something must of changed.

Exactly what lights are not working -- just AP lights or...?  Also,  what sim are you using, and do you start these flights with the a/c 'cold and dark'?  Starting from 'cold and dark' seems to be a common element with users having a light problem.

Suggest you try deleting any saved Lear flights, and start out by loading the default F-35 (assuming the sim is P3D, or some other default a/c if not using P3D) and then switch to the Lear and see if that makes any difference.

There is also a light-fix patch on the FSW website you cab try.

https://flysimware.com/website/help/L35_Panel_Light_Bug.zip

Al

Thanks for staying on this and helping us with potential patches. I have been busy working from home and only had a long haul running in the background a few days. This weekend I will have more time to fly the Learjet and try the panel fix you have sent. I will post Sunday night/Monday morning my result of the patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2020 at 7:48 PM, C525B said:

 

Maybe something in the "systems off" script gets stuck in a loop (under certain conditions) and forces the lights dark?  It looks like one of your visibility triggers is (A:ELECTRICAL MAIN BUS VOLTAGE,Volts) 3.0 >...so maybe something is causing the battery to deplete?

 

 

 

I sorta agree with this idea. The odd thing is it only happens with as few customers. Will put some thought into the all system off XML.

 

Edited by Flysimware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, MattGarner said:

Just bought this and none of the lights on the AP panel will light up - All the others will. Checked that AP master was turned on as well - Also tried the light fix in the previous page. This happens on each time I've tried loading into the plane and not random.

 

Edit: Managed to fix it - Uninstalled, reinstalled with Malwarebytes disabled. AP panel lights up as expected. 

I wonder why that would effect these lights and no others. This is sure a odd issue for a few customers.

Edited by Flysimware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest issue is how do i fix this problem if i do not get the same issue? And for only a few customers it sounds like a personal PC issue. We have hundreds of owners with no issues. So i am not sure how to proceed.

https://flysimware.com/website/FSDEVELOPERWEBSITE/AUTOPILOT_LIGHTS.mp4

I made a video and would love to see one from you if you still have issues showing and exact method to reproduce the bug.

Edited by Flysimware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2020 at 12:47 AM, Flysimware said:

The biggest issue is how do i fix this problem if i do not get the same issue? And for only a few customers it sounds like a personal PC issue. We have hundreds of owners with no issues. So i am not sure how to proceed.

https://flysimware.com/website/FSDEVELOPERWEBSITE/AUTOPILOT_LIGHTS.mp4

I made a video and would love to see one from you if you still have issues showing and exact method to reproduce the bug.

I can’t reproduce it when I deliberately try to do so.  I can say that it always involves the element of a delayed start.  Either because I selected the aircraft and then tabbed-out to fiddle with the weather or flight plan, or because I started the flight loading and walked away for a while.  I think the bug is only showing up due to certain user habits.  A clean re-install hasn’t fixed it, nor can I explain why it would as the aircraft is 95% XML.  For now, my workaround is to load the flight with a default aircraft and switch to the Lear after.  I have only done a couple flights with that method but will report back.

Edited by C525B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, C525B said:

I can’t reproduce it when I deliberately try to do so.  I can say that it always involves the element of a delayed start.  Either because I selected the aircraft and then tabbed-out to fiddle with the weather or flight plan, or because I started the flight loading and walked away for a while.  I think the bug is only showing up due to certain user habits.  A clean re-install hasn’t fixed it, nor can I explain why it would as the aircraft is 95% XML.  For now, my workaround is to load the flight with a default aircraft and switch to the Lear after.  I have only done a couple flights with that method but will report back.

It you happen to use any third party software addons such as Tomatoshade, ChasePlane, EZdok, etc., it might be worth turning them off and see if it makes any difference. If it does, then turn them back on one-by-one to see where there might be a conflict.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ark said:

It you happen to use any third party software addons such as Tomatoshade, ChasePlane, EZdok, etc., it might be worth turning them off and see if it makes any difference. If it does, then turn them back on one-by-one to see where there might be a conflict.

Al

No difference in my sim... with your new gauge it is 100% not working if I load a default plane then into the Lear. The new gauge I can select the Lear in the main menu and load in and it works 90% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

No difference in my sim... with your new gauge it is 100% not working if I load a default plane then into the Lear. The new gauge I can select the Lear in the main menu and load in and it works 90% of the time.

That is really strange. I assume you are clicking on 'Ready to start' in the Lear hanger after switching to the Lear from the default a/c.

Try these two experiments:

1. After switching from the default a/c to the Lear, reload the Lear a second time by going to the P3D Vehicle/Select menu. Also, instead of using the Select menu, try just using the Reload a/c function (P3D calls it Reload User Object) using whatever key you had setup for that. And still use the ready to start function.

2. For the default a/c (F-35?) make sure the AP is on before switching to the Lear.

Al

 

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find for me that loading in with the default f35, switching to the lear (or falcon) and selecting "Ready to Start" from the popup seems to get the lights to work every time for me. Even loading from the default f35 sometimes the lear/falcon doesn't load in 100% every time and the Ready to start state fixes that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pineapple_Wizard said:

I find for me that loading in with the default f35, switching to the lear (or falcon) and selecting "Ready to Start" from the popup seems to get the lights to work every time for me. Even loading from the default f35 sometimes the lear/falcon doesn't load in 100% every time and the Ready to start state fixes that.

Good info, thanks.  Ready to start makes sure the Lear's key switches are set correctly.

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...