Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Panel light bug happens every load in

On 4/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, Pineapple_Wizard said:

I find for me that loading in with the default f35, switching to the lear (or falcon) and selecting "Ready to Start" from the popup seems to get the lights to work every time for me. Even loading from the default f35 sometimes the lear/falcon doesn't load in 100% every time and the Ready to start state fixes that.

The issue maybe saving the default with all systems off. i believe you must have "all systems on" when "saving the default flight". Then you must load the default flight first then load the L35/Falcon. So maybe some have their default flight with systems off and if you too also have this then you click our "Ready to Start" it fixes those states. And then it works for you. And others may not ever click "Ready to Start" and have issues.

But again it only happens to some users and the majority have no issues at all. I can't get this to fail no matter what i do. So that tells me it's something to do with their personal pc performance or software or sim settings mixed with P3D issues. Sure wish we could figure it out.

Edited by Flysimware

The last few times it happened I've noticed it always happened when I changed the in-sim time at some point during start-up or flight. Could be a coincidence but maybe?

I doesn't seem to happen when I don't open any of the P3D options. (and as a side note, despite the issue I love the plane so much)

Edited by flycln

On 4/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, flycln said:

The last few times it happened I've noticed it always happened when I changed the in-sim time at some point during start-up or flight. Could be a coincidence but maybe?

I doesn't seem to happen when I don't open any of the P3D options. (and as a side note, despite the issue I love the plane so much)

I found that too. I fly out of my time zone often and if it was night in my default flight start location but day at the place I loaded into. But not all the time.

When the AP lights don't work, to what degree does the AP still work (if at all)?

1. Do the AP buttons still animate -- do they move when clicked?

2. After clicking 'Read to start', if you click on the AP Heading button, does the Flight Director appear?

3. When flying, if you turn on the AP and put it in Heading mode, will the Lear turn to a new heading as indicated by the heading bug? Since the lights don't work, it may be a little difficult to determine when the AP and Heading modes are on (or should be on). You may have to try some multiple click combinations.

What I'm trying to do with this is see what code might still be executing even though the AP lights don't work.

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

6 hours ago, ark said:

When the AP lights don't work, to what degree does the AP still work (if at all)?

2. After clicking 'Read to start', if you click on the AP Heading button, does the Flight Director appear?

3. When flying, if you turn on the AP and put it in Heading mode, will the Lear turn to a new heading as indicated by the heading bug? Since the lights don't work, it may be a little difficult to determine when the AP and Heading modes are on (or should be on). You may have to try some multiple click combinations.

What I'm trying to do with this is see what code might still be executing even though the AP lights don't work.

Thanks,

Al

I'm in the middle of a P3D re-installation but I can definitely answer #3 from memory: The autopilot works perfectly fine. You just don't get any lights on the buttons. I've completed flights without lights using the autopilot, it just makes a little harder. 😛

5 minutes ago, flycln said:

I'm in the middle of a P3D re-installation but I can definitely answer #3 from memory: The autopilot works perfectly fine. You just don't get any lights on the buttons. I've completed flights without lights using the autopilot, it just makes a little harder. 😛

Thanks very much for the feedback, that may be a good clue. Hopefully others will provide additional feedback and maybe we can get to the bottom of all this. Sigh.

Al

On 4/17/2020 at 11:14 PM, Boeing or not going said:

When the AP lights are not working, if you push the annunciator test button above the standby ADI, do any of the annunciator panel lights above the AP panel come on? If so, it would be helpful if you could post a screen shot here to include the Reverser lights and GPWS light which is to the left of the pilot's AoA gauge.

Al

Edited by ark

10 hours ago, ark said:

Thanks,

Al

1. Yes they animate

2. yes the FD appears even before clicking ready to start

3. Yes the functions of the AP works the buttons depress but just no lights

Will test your new gauge tomorrow or Monday thanks!

16 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

1. Yes they animate

2. yes the FD appears even before clicking ready to start

3. Yes the functions of the AP works the buttons depress but just no lights

Will test your new gauge tomorrow or Monday thanks!

OK, and thanks for the feedback..

Al

Edited by ark

If someone with the AP lights problem in P3Dv4.5 could post here a screen shot of the Lear's annunciator lights when the test button above the standby ADI is pushed that would be helpful. Please include:

- The AP lights

- the light panel above the AP lights including the Reverser lights

- the GPWS light on the main panel to the left of the pilot's AOA gauge and above the left corner of the pilot's ADI.

Thx,

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

If someone with the AP lights problem in P3Dv4.5 could post here a screen shot of the Lear's annunciator lights when the test button above the standby ADI is pushed that would be helpful. Please include:

- The AP lights

- the light panel above the AP lights including the Reverser lights

- the GPWS light on the main panel to the left of the pilot's AOA gauge and above the left corner of the pilot's ADI.

Thx,

Al

Bm6dWq.jpg

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Felipe,

Thanks for the screen shot.

Al

18 hours ago, ark said:

Felipe,

Thanks for the screen shot.

Al

I use the new cab file not the new installer and I have not had a panel light issue since! On P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 Thank you!

7 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

I use the new cab file not the new installer and I have not had a panel light issue since! On P3D 4.5 Hotfix 2 Thank you!

Did you also try the default flight files I sent you?

Al

Edited by ark

I have the same AP panel lights issue since I puchased the plane last week.  I have submitted two support emails and was referred to this thread.  Which CAB file are we talking about and also the default flight files?  I love the plane and the autopilot works fine, just no indications at all.  Makes no difference if i try cold and dark or ready to start profiles.  I am using P3D4.5 HF2.