Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Panel light bug happens every load in

Just a quick note its the APU lights and the lights above the ADI. Press the far left button to light the row up. These are the lights that have been reported for the F50 by only a handful of customers. And the L35 its the autopilots lights. I have never had this issue 1 time during development or anytime after. And same for 99% of customers. If we did there would be a ton of complaints. So when it's only 1% that means it something to do with a specific setup which is unknown. But this does not mean its your fault. It just means we have not solved this issue yet except that if we have less visibility codes or just less hard coding the issues goes away. So we made a 32 bit lite version because that bird would get flashing. And that comes from the same issue. Too many hard codes that include logic. 

Most of the aircraft mentioned are most likely all coded with C++ and not XML. But where we think the issue comes from is the visibility codes. And there maybe a limit to how many hard codes can be used. I also think that the C++ aircraft are able to get more code on the external by having glass gauges. So these heavy coded birds still may have a lot of XML codes for the hard coding but they only refer to a single Lvar code. And we use a lot of logic. So in the future we are going to try to keep the logic outside the model. 

I will try to remove those lights/.logic and some others outside the model for a test. I actually tried this last year and it would not work at all. So i am going to try again to see what can be done. I would like to make sure our products work as they should. But this is hard to do as i can't simulate the issue.

Edited by Flysimware

7 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Just a quick note its the APU lights and the lights above the ADI. Press the far left button to light the row up.

I assume the "far left button" is the leftmost button on the APU panel?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, somiller said:

I assume the "far left button" is the leftmost button on the APU panel?

No, I think Mark is talking about the row of five lights/buttons directly above the pilot's attitude indicator. The left most button is a test button that lights up that row and the three marker lights,  and also tests (triggers) a series of verbal callouts.

Al

Edited by ark

On 2/22/2020 at 12:12 PM, Flysimware said:

Ok i have moved a bunch of the visibility code from the model to the external. Download this test zip with included instructions and let us know if this fixes the issue.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pngvazf5hzv3r6d/Panel_Light_Bug.zip/file

I did a series of tests today with a modified model and a new CAB file. Various loading options, using the P3D menu, and the old bug when the autopilot lights and some lamps on the overhead disappeared could not be repeated now.

Everything seems to be working very steadily now.

Only a little strange that this fix for Falcon 50 is in the forum thread about Lear 35. 😉

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Nickbe said:

I did a series of tests today with a modified model and a new CAB file. Various loading options, using the P3D menu, and the old bug when the autopilot lights and some lamps on the overhead disappeared could not be repeated now.

Thanks for the feedback -- we may be getting a better understanding of what has been causing issues for some users, and more than just for the Falcon50.

1 hour ago, Nickbe said:

Only a little strange that this fix for Falcon 50 is in the forum thread about Lear 35. 😉

Good point. I was going to move Mark's post to the Falcon forum, but decided to just copy the info over there and leave this somewhat convoluted thread 'as is'.

Al

Edited by ark

On 2/25/2020 at 4:36 PM, ark said:

Thanks for the feedback -- we may be getting a better understanding of what has been causing issues for some users, and more than just for the Falcon50.

Good point. I was going to move Mark's post to the Falcon forum, but decided to just copy the info over there and leave this somewhat convoluted thread 'as is'.

Al

The Lear is doing the stuck lights again. Starting new flight with the Lear sometimes the sim crashes and P3D window closes on load in. If I load in as a default plane then go select the Lear the panel lights are stuck. I do not know what to do except for the 5th time now delete the default flight and try again. No other airplane is doing this to me.

3 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

The Lear is doing the stuck lights again. Starting new flight with the Lear sometimes the sim crashes and P3D window closes on load in. If I load in as a default plane then go select the Lear the panel lights are stuck. I do not know what to do except for the 5th time now delete the default flight and try again. No other airplane is doing this to me.

I will make sure Mark is aware of the problem you are having with the Lear. It is important to know what sim you are using -- I assume P3Dv4.5, is that correct? If not, what sim?

It would also be useful to hear from any other P3Dv4.5 users that are having continuing problems with the Lear35.

Al

20 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Can you make a fix for the Lear?

I talked to Mark and he has planned to make a 'fix', as you called it, for the Lear as he did for the Falcon. He has been waiting for more feedback on the Falcon fix, but has only heard from one person so far. However, he intends to start on the Lear fix tonight.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ark said:

I will make sure Mark is aware of the problem you are having with the Lear. It is important to know what sim you are using -- I assume P3Dv4.5, is that correct? If not, what sim?

It would also be useful to hear from any other P3Dv4.5 users that are having continuing problems with the Lear35.

Al

P3D 4.5 hotfix 2 Thank you. I am going to try the patch and report back the result.

15 hours ago, Flysimware said:

Mark and Al, Hello!

I ran a series of tests with Lear35 today. Different loading options, using the p3d (4.5.13) menu, and I can confirm that I could not repeat the old bug with the autopilot lights not working . Everything seems to be working very stably now.

I will continue monitoring and if the problem persists, I will report it .

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

6 hours ago, Nickbe said:

I ran a series of tests with Lear35 today. Different loading options, using the p3d (4.5.13) menu, and I can confirm that I could not repeat the old bug with the autopilot lights not working . Everything seems to be working very stably now.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the helpful feedback -- much appreciated!

Al

I have this issue with the AP panel lights as well.  I have installed the fix above to no effect.  For me, it seems to be related to using the cold and dark script from the Lear's in-game menu.