Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

This episode blew me away.

I can't even imagine double-clicking on the MSFS icon on my desktop and be on the tarmac right away without spending 15 min starting and configuring all the vital addons. I just start to think that I will be able to be anywhere in the world without having to find a place where I have a descent airport and regional scenery installed. This is just insanely good.

Just a little disappointed for not seeing a single passenger...

In the feedback snapshot, I think they can replace the "Airport list/level of detail" and  "Fully functional airports" entries with other ones.

I know it will still be room for 3rd parties but the out-of-the-box version can keep me busy for several years. I will now start to look for the most interesting Bush flying airports (thank you @domkle for the Dirty Devil idea), anyone has suggestions?

Starting uninstalling XPlane and my 735GB of orthos now...

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Miami doesn't seem to be one of those detail focused airports, either that or they haven't touched it yet, which is entirely possible..
It's very flat and generic in the video

MSFS
JbwZyqL.png

Google Earth 3D view
bsaQF7h.png

I thought photogrammetry in Miami covered the airport too... 

I have to see earth view again, but if it includes it, Idk why they don’t use it. And if doesn’t, seems to be one of those generic airports. 

4 hours ago, BEARlyThereCDN said:

Thank you for this ray of hope @aleex and @Chock. I'm going remain optimistic because of your reassurances! 🙂👍

To add to that, the oldest hardware I've seen invited to the Alpha is:

• CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 960

You might not be able to run the simulator at the highest quality settings, but it is definite that you will be able to run it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aleex said:

I have to see earth view again, but if it includes it, Idk why they don’t use it. And if doesn’t, seems to be one of those generic airports. 

I suspect that airport buildings are something special and probably not interchangeable with common (photogrammetry) scenery.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 minutes ago, tweekz said:

I suspect that airport buildings are something special and probably not interchangeable with common (photogrammetry) scenery.

In that case I will be a little disappointed. City scenery is important, but also is the airport. 

I thought this was the opportunity to have correct airport buildings at least on those areas. 

This would mean that airports have to be made by hand or by a terminal kit like in XP. 

29 minutes ago, aleex said:

I am pretty sure that KMIA is still work in progress. It looks like there aren't even taxiway and apron markings on the ground yet.

I can't imagine that an airport embedded in a photogrammetry area will be just generic.

• Upvote 1

Btw what an enjoyable read this forum can be as long as certain users are absent for a while...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My observations over the past few months have been that their episodes and updates have always exceeded all expectations and amazed everyone. 

The implementation of the ideas was so outstanding that certain people always want to find a bad point. Yes discussion is good to show MS's attention to it. But it is not finished yet. No need to be afraid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes, alpha stage. Promotional footage like a goal for release or futur (if in last Colonn in snapshot)

and at this point we are in alpha. 

and for alpha tester it’s better to not participate in discussion like this because it’s easy to comit mistake and break NDA.

Edited by azulkb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, domkle said:

He means that. That the MP EP is a priority over the IFR one is indeed a strange choice.

I too would FAR prefer to see the IFR episode before the Mulitplayer episode.  Details about IFR in this sim is something I've been waiting to hear about since it's announcement.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Casualcas said:

I love this guy, he shares my humor. And the compare pics, I was actually going to start this weekend. Thanks for that Brother

I enjoyed watching the above video, thanks for posting it, I enjoyed it so much I subscribed to the youtuber's channel. I too like his sense of humour and his friendly Irish accent.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Miami doesn't seem to be one of those detail focused airports, either that or they haven't touched it yet, which is entirely possible..
It's very flat and generic in the video

MSFS
JbwZyqL.png

Google Earth 3D view
bsaQF7h.png

Just a theory that MS/Asobo have left some Iconic airports untouched so 3rd party devs can do use their talents and get some income at the same time, we all win to a degree.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

To add to that, the oldest hardware I've seen invited to the Alpha is:

• CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 8GB DDR4
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 960

You might not be able to run the simulator at the highest quality settings, but it is definite that you will be able to run it.

Where have you seen people's specs who have been invited onto the Alpha CB?

11 minutes ago, eaim said:

Where have you seen people's specs who have been invited onto the Alpha CB?

They post it on reddit.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 hours ago, domkle said:

Tell me why they all these guys comment their YT as they were out of breath, late and in hurry to catch  their flight ?

Because this guy in particular after his day job edits his videos and posts them around midnight his time. I'd be wacky too. Lol then in the morning, he literally does have a flight to catch.