Sign in to follow this  
Graeme Wright

simMarket : 1 Giveaway, 1 Day, Every Day

Sorry, can someone enlighten me on what exactly these last ones are for/what they do? Don’t we already have real weather effects with any of the different weather programs? (Active sky, rex sf, etc..?)

55 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

Sorry, can someone enlighten me on what exactly these last ones are for/what they do? Don’t we already have real weather effects with any of the different weather programs? (Active sky, rex sf, etc..?)

As name states, they give turbulance on approach? Search Youtube for Realturb and you´ll see.

This giveaways aren´t getting better and better but the other way round, I should say. They started with some really good sceneries and now they give us a loogbook and effects that alreay have been free. Well, I am not complaining, after all they are free. But I´m not too intereted either, not anymore.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

Did you bother to read the extensive product description on the simmarket website?

13 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Did you bother to read the extensive product description on the simmarket website?

Yes I did. And I still wonder why I would need a product to give me turbulence if I have another that is supposed  to introduce real weather and there is turbulence in the area..?

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Yes I did. And I still wonder why I would need a product to give me turbulence if I have another that is supposed  to introduce real weather and there is turbulence in the area..?

To my knowledge, the RealTurb products are simulating terrain effects on wind and turbulence which aren't really touched by other weather addons. I haven't tried them, but if it does what it says it would add a nice dimension to the weather simulation, especially airports near mountains and hills.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

2 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

The RealTurb product produces more noticeable terrain-induced turbulence specific to the relief and wind direction near your aircraft.

Try a certain date and weather scenario downwind from a mountain and below the height of its peak.

Get and install the free Africa and Antarctica product, try the exact same scenario again. (You can't turn Realturb on and off, it's either installed as a small file or uninstalled).

You'll then know if you should keep it installed or not.

It works best with in combination with ActiveSky weather.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Worth pointing out that if you grab the free Nextgen Citation for FSX, you can get the upgrade to the P3D v4 for half price (EUR11.80 rather than the usual EUR23.60). It’s not an exceptional aircraft, but it’s fun to fly and the price is good even if you get the upgrade. 

• Like 1

To be fair, the Nextgen Citation is actually quite a good product. It may not have the eye candy of the Carenado bizjets but visually it still isn’t bad and it’s systems, although not of study level depth, all function well. It’s a very nice free addition to your fleet if you still use FSX and, as has already been mentioned, a cheap upgrade to P3D.

Bill

There have been plenty of bangs over the last month, though. 

Knowing how these retail sites work they're reliant on the generosity of the software developers. We've been incredibly fortunate that so many have been so willing to support this initiative. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RoDuSu said:

There have been plenty of bangs over the last month, though. 

Knowing how these retail sites work they're reliant on the generosity of the software developers. We've been incredibly fortunate that so many have been so willing to support this initiative. 

It has been a very welcome initiative by Simmarket and some very generous developers at this difficult time and I crtainly have managed to pick up some very nice additional items of software for which I am very grateful.

It should also be noted that Simmarket currently have over 500 products still available at sale prices. Many of these are scenery addons and I’ve taken the opportunity to buy a number of airports which I wouldn’t have considered purchasing at the normal retail price. So, as the daily freebies come to an end, it may still be a good time to have a look at their sales listing just in case something interests you at a bargain price.

Bill

• Like 3

That's true, I'm considering getting MKStudios LPPT which I never would have. Also, just because THEY stopped daily freebies doesn't mean that there won't be anymore freebies from other devs.

• Like 1

I hadn't had anything of MK studios either and am really impressed now that I know about them. 

Also, my hat is off to Simmarket. What a great move by them. Something to remember when making future purchases.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4