Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 9th, 2020 - Development Update

1 hour ago, monica6211 said:

It amazes me how critical so many people are with things like this at this early stage of product development. There is a LOT of WORLD to cover to make sure everything is right. And it takes a lot of time to cover all of this. Just because someone mentions it as feedback to the developers doesn't mean they are going to make it a top priority, but I'm sure they have noted it to make sure it gets fixed when the time is right.

It's just future customers giving some feedback. Valid criticism is always good, they are on Alpha stage, adding the features and testing them.

What we shouldn't do is DEMAND what we want or believe is important. Noone here is entitled to do so. Asking and pointing out things seems ok to me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

It's just future customers giving some feedback. Valid criticism is always good, they are on Alpha stage, adding the features and testing them.

What we shouldn't do is DEMAND what we want or believe is important. Noone here is entitled to do so. Asking and pointing out things seems ok to me.

I totally agree with you. It is perfectly fine, and definitely expected, to point things out and mention ways to improve development. The point I was trying to make is that some of these posts make me feel like some expected their call-outs to be fixed right away. I'm sure Asobo has their hands full of things they need to fix on top of what they are currently working on. So some call-outs could take a long time to see fixed.

Wow. Asobo continues to be incredible, both in their development of this sim but also in their transparent communication with the community. Definitely a model for other software companies.

Since we're talking requests: I understand this is the Alpha and we're looking at a WIP, but I've noticed the airport ground textures, as incredibly sharp as they are, appear a bit too shiny, or something. I love how crisp the textures are, but I hope Asobo has plans to add some grit and grime to the asphalt, concrete, etc. to give big airports a more complete sense of wear and tear. Or is it just me?

Either way, WOW, can't wait for this.

Edited by theshack440
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

6 hours ago, Casualcas said:

Especially when it can only be as good as the data being used. AND ... Unlikely Asobo will verify every mile of every river.

Asobo gets its data from Bing sat map. Obviously you didn’t go and  look at the Platte at Lexington NE on Bing. before posting 🙄.

And it is because they cannot check every mile of every river that we can help by pointing out to anything not right 🙄

Goodness, this forum ain’t  a Church where you don’t question the Holy Screenshots.

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, theshack440 said:

Wow. Asobo continues to be incredible, both in their development of this sim but also in their transparent communication with the community. Definitely a model for other software companies.

Since we're talking requests: I understand this is the Alpha and we're looking at a WIP, but I've noticed the airport ground textures, as incredibly sharp as they are, look a bit too shiny, or something. I love how crisp the textures are, but I hope Asobo has plans to add some grit and grime to the asphalt, concrete, etc. to give big airports a more complete sense of wear and tear. Or is it just me?

Either way, WOW, can't wait for this.

I hope that FS20 will be careful with PBR and not imitate some developers that overdo the PBR thing on everything including tarmac concrete or asphalt. Some screenshots of  Orbx EGLC for instance are surrealistic. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, domkle said:

🙄 🙄

Goodness, this forum ain’t  a Church where you don’t question the Holy Screenshots.

The screenshots aren't holy. In fact, it appears to me that a substantial fraction of the screenshots shown thus far were originally taken to point out graphical anomalies in the scenery. The river shot is a prime example...I dont think it's a coincidence that particular portion of the river is the center of the frame.

It's pretty courageous of the devs to put that stuff out there, to be honest.

But I do think it's a bit silly to point out the obvious flaw which is the apparent subject of the screenshot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodle said:

The screenshots aren't holy. In fact, it appears to me that a substantial fraction of the screenshots shown thus far were originally taken to point out graphical anomalies in the scenery. The river shot is a prime example...I dont think it's a coincidence that particular portion of the river is the center of the frame.

It's pretty courageous of the devs to put that stuff out there, to be honest.

But I do think it's a bit silly to point out the obvious flaw which is the apparent subject of the screenshot. 

I am convinced that these imperfect screenshots are part of a MS strategy of managing expectations after the early red hot PR campaign. They need to show that the final product is great but, you know, nobody’s perfect. Courageous I don’t know, smart might be a better word.

The flaw is obvious if you care about that sort of things. The idea is not to underline something obvious but to underline that some of us care.

In any case, in spite of the wrong color of the Platte, the shot is still far beyond what we have now. See my post in the in-game vs satellite  thread with a shot of OpenLC Na+Vector. A quantum jump. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

One thing is true and I am sure everyone will agree:

Developing a product based on feedback, community ideas and expectations has proven to be the most efficient way to move towards perfection. Just see the evolution of the screenshots quality. I don't say the guys at Asobo can't make choices by themselves but almost all the things which have been pointed out by the community have been fixed/implemented.

So this could be an example for everyone, and the community shouldn't under any circumstances stop making observations or wishes. We are where we are now thanks to the entire community.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 5

Its great that early signups will be getting alpha access, I hope they don't discount my early sign up with w7 dxdiag, Running w10 now and updated the dxdiag info 

Jack Cannon

7 hours ago, domkle said:

Asobo gets its data from Bing sat map. Obviously you didn’t go and  look at the Platte at Lexington NE on Bing. before posting 🙄.

And it is because they cannot check every mile of every river that we can help by pointing out to anything not right 🙄

No. But this forum certainly is full of self righteous pompous pilots, that only read what they want in a comment to fill their own self importance cups. Wow

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Jcannon said:

Its great that early signups will be getting alpha access, I hope they don't discount my early sign up with w7 dxdiag, Running w10 now and updated the dxdiag info 

That will happen, in any case, next round. Right now is just a wave like later ones. 

16 minutes ago, aleex said:

That will happen, in any case, next round. Right now is just a wave like later ones. 

I think the current wave of invites is prioritizing early sign ups.. unless i read it wrong. 

14 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I think the current wave of invites is prioritizing early sign ups.. unless i read it wrong. 

“The primary objectives are listed below and we’ve started working on the first step.

1. Ensure that everyone that received an acceptance email has access to the Alpha.
  2. Assess Alpha participation options for adding more people as quickly as possible.
  • Prioritize access for those that registered early for pre-release build testing.”

As I understand it, step 2 is not yet implemented. And there is people who signed in November or later that is being invited. 

21 hours ago, GlideBy said:

People seem reasonable in this thread at least.

msparks: hold my beer

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Hopefully they'll allow another dxdiag update before the next wave. Just paid $70 to upgrade from 24gb to 32gb of RAM 😛

In all seriousness, the sim is looking good and I'm stoked.

Edited by OriginalGood