Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Shadows P3D v5

1 minute ago, Sethos said:

Mine runs perfectly smooth, I'm surprised you are seeing stutters. Would you happen to have disabled hyperthreading by chance? Tried last night disabling it and the sim turned into a stuttering nightmare. Turned it back on and it was beautifully smooth. Seems the days of turning off HT / disabling logical cores are gone. 

Would it be off by default? If not, I haven’t touched anything. 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Would it be off by default? If not, I haven’t touched anything. 

Ah no, HT is on and running by default, so doubt that would be the problem then. Just had to make sure, as a lot of simmers seem to be on about that. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

mine is perfectly smooth even with HT disabled, just perfect

Is there a definitive guide for the settings anywhere? There are like 5X more settings than in XP11 and I’ve no ideas what ones affect cpu or gpu... 

1 minute ago, Joseph29 said:

Marcus, if you put the sliders up to the max will the clouds look better? You said your sliders are all midrange.

Yes. after setting them to high it gets better. But also at a cost of performance. I would prefer more "gamma" when using midrange settings. But this is a cloud with a "grid of holes".

Also the flat implemenation. Just very unnatural looking. I fly tubeliners at FL 300 or above. The clouod layers is totally flat and not formed with the form of the globe/earth. You become a impression that there is no depth......even 2d couds where better looking.

My point is: 

• The cost
  • The work / hours/days/weeks
  • The quality of implementation
  • We are talking here of the latest techniques wavework and truesky volumentric with such a bad implementation quality delivered to customers who are paying the full price

I know i can crank up my sim again, even in V5. Only if they get the blurries out! They changed something in the views/camera views. So who says they will "handle" it. Blurries where 1 year away for me. Now I have them back.

I am talking about this issues in a clean sim. No addons, as they expect when testing and debugging.

The overall graphic is really sharp and clear mostly. But that does not help with blurries, unnatural clouds, unnatural water. I bought the sim because of these major changes and none of them are "eye candy". 

Do you understand what I mean. 

Make yourself a picture. Buy it, install it, play with it....keep or return it. Just the clean sim and you will see what I mean.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The good thing is competition. Driven by progress.
I felt the influence of the mountains on the dynamics of flight.

Hyper-threading is off, sim is smooth.

And it looks like the old problem with overexposing photo scenes is finally resolved.

1yfjcj.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

21 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Ok, NOW I start to wonder how so many negative aspects slipped so many beta testers and were not mentioned in a single word by Rob and others (Simbol). Strange, but I stay away from v5 until several things are more clear to me...

Four days before the release there was another beta to test, so it looks as if LM did not want to wait any longer with the official release...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That atmospheric beta gives me DX10 preview flashbacks of FSX days.

Rushing out a feature for release that is definately not ready for release.

I do like what it does to the atmosphere. But I dislike the clouds and the lack of multiple layering. 

I assume they surpressed that function because you will overstress the GPU in no time when using volumetric clouds in multiple layers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

This I can also fully agree on.

I did some flights today.

First of all

• Windows 10 clean install latest build
  • P3D V5 clean install without any addons. Later test with ORBX Global base and LOWI installed
  • i7 8700k OC at 5.1GhZ
  • RTX 2080ti
  • 32GB RAM 3600MhZ Corsair Vengeance
  • Startet to test without any addons
  • Sliders set the same as prior in P3D V4.5HF2 wich was Mid Range for me (especially the Autogen Draw Distance to Medium)
  • Tested enhanced Atmo and normal weather.
  • Mainly without VR (but also with VR - shut that off as VR does not utilize my rtx 2080ti above 10 - 15% wich has to be a bug)
  • First no addons at all - than only ORBX Base and LOWI EU Landclass.installed. 

Nvidia Waveworks 2.0: 

• Has opportunities wich are clearly not used. 
  • Waves are way to big. Oceans, Rivers, Creeks, Sees have all the same big wave look. Totally unnatural
  • The refelction is like "clear Mirror" with blue background......much to reflectiv and very unnatural
  • Sometimes the water seems way to blue and on the other hand way to black.....

This is a no go for me!

Enhanced Atmospheric Weather:

• Not working in VR at all (was not stated in any document or forum)
  • On Screen very unnatural looking "lighting"
  • The cloud layers are FULLY flat implemented and do not "form" with the globe.....like a flat sheet on top of the round earth. This becomes very clear when flying higher altitudes an change to a tail view......What have they done here? Just couldn´t believe my eyes!
  • Clouds are eating VRAM
  • Setting Clouds to Medium quality: Fly above FL350 and look down. You see how a cloud is build/textured. Like a lot of cloud 2d textures from left to right and the same from front to back. It looks like a cloud has a lot of holes from top down looking on it. Well like this #### wenn looking on top of a cloud. Think these hashtags a lot of them together and you have a cloud how it is build in P3D.....Very strange and uggly visible from higher altitudes
  • Fly higher altitudes on fair weather and how higher you fly how darker/doomed the loverall lighting gets....like sunset
  • Strange drawing/gain on mountain hills and other textured models

Also a no go!

They seem to rushed/pushed this one out. I can´t believe they did something like that. The quality of two major changes is far below standard. I don´t care if "enhanced atmo" is in beta. Even xenviro on xplane looked better from day one!  

Also my major issue "blurries"  came back:

I did fly with 400knots at FL 300 above the alps and the terrain image became blurry. With and without enhanced atmo. I used exact the same settings as on my prior version P3D V4.5HF2 wich performed even in VR with these settings without blurries compared to V5 without VR.

No tweaks. CFG standard. Sliders all midrange. 4k Monitor as usual for me., no addon mesh, above the alps, now cities near......

Well....

How many weeks/months do we have to wait till this list becomes fixed? 

Don´t get me wrong: I spend several 1.000 EUROS in last year to build this sim up. 200+ airports, all PMDG planes, HP Reverb, RTX 2080ti.....and so far and so on.For me monoey is not the main point as long as the quality is good. But this is a NoGo for me. I am seriously thinking to drop P3D, get my licence fee back and wait on the next gen sim.

I want a revolution......that becomes more clear to me.

This won´t happen to me again. Not even think about how this willl be after I reinstalled my 250+ addons!

Now that was my opinion and does not have to bother you all.

How are your opinions? Are you "happy" or seeing some trouble either?

Marcus

I feel you, as much as I love XP11 and also its amazing VR capabilities, we are still stuck with P3D due to the good quality long haul airliners on P3D (PMDG 777, 747, QW787, AS330). Some parts of me telling me not to buy P3Dv5 now and wait and see what this run unveils, this is like a public beta test with the first release.    

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

This I can also fully agree on.

I did some flights today.

First of all

• Windows 10 clean install latest build
  • P3D V5 clean install without any addons. Later test with ORBX Global base and LOWI installed
  • i7 8700k OC at 5.1GhZ
  • RTX 2080ti
  • 32GB RAM 3600MhZ Corsair Vengeance
  • Startet to test without any addons
  • Sliders set the same as prior in P3D V4.5HF2 wich was Mid Range for me (especially the Autogen Draw Distance to Medium)
  • Tested enhanced Atmo and normal weather.
  • Mainly without VR (but also with VR - shut that off as VR does not utilize my rtx 2080ti above 10 - 15% wich has to be a bug)
  • First no addons at all - than only ORBX Base and LOWI EU Landclass.installed. 

Nvidia Waveworks 2.0: 

• Has opportunities wich are clearly not used. 
  • Waves are way to big. Oceans, Rivers, Creeks, Sees have all the same big wave look. Totally unnatural
  • The refelction is like "clear Mirror" with blue background......much to reflectiv and very unnatural
  • Sometimes the water seems way to blue and on the other hand way to black.....

This is a no go for me!

Enhanced Atmospheric Weather:

• Not working in VR at all (was not stated in any document or forum)
  • On Screen very unnatural looking "lighting"
  • The cloud layers are FULLY flat implemented and do not "form" with the globe.....like a flat sheet on top of the round earth. This becomes very clear when flying higher altitudes an change to a tail view......What have they done here? Just couldn´t believe my eyes!
  • Clouds are eating VRAM
  • Setting Clouds to Medium quality: Fly above FL350 and look down. You see how a cloud is build/textured. Like a lot of cloud 2d textures from left to right and the same from front to back. It looks like a cloud has a lot of holes from top down looking on it. Well like this #### wenn looking on top of a cloud. Think these hashtags a lot of them together and you have a cloud how it is build in P3D.....Very strange and uggly visible from higher altitudes
  • Fly higher altitudes on fair weather and how higher you fly how darker/doomed the loverall lighting gets....like sunset
  • Strange drawing/gain on mountain hills and other textured models

Also a no go!

They seem to rushed/pushed this one out. I can´t believe they did something like that. The quality of two major changes is far below standard. I don´t care if "enhanced atmo" is in beta. Even xenviro on xplane looked better from day one!  

Also my major issue "blurries"  came back:

I did fly with 400knots at FL 300 above the alps and the terrain image became blurry. With and without enhanced atmo. I used exact the same settings as on my prior version P3D V4.5HF2 wich performed even in VR with these settings without blurries compared to V5 without VR.

No tweaks. CFG standard. Sliders all midrange. 4k Monitor as usual for me., no addon mesh, above the alps, now cities near......

Well....

How many weeks/months do we have to wait till this list becomes fixed? 

Don´t get me wrong: I spend several 1.000 EUROS in last year to build this sim up. 200+ airports, all PMDG planes, HP Reverb, RTX 2080ti.....and so far and so on.For me monoey is not the main point as long as the quality is good. But this is a NoGo for me. I am seriously thinking to drop P3D, get my licence fee back and wait on the next gen sim.

I want a revolution......that becomes more clear to me.

This won´t happen to me again. Not even think about how this willl be after I reinstalled my 250+ addons!

Now that was my opinion and does not have to bother you all.

How are your opinions? Are you "happy" or seeing some trouble either?

Marcus

Marcus, I am just stunned to be reading this from you, and huge negatives from a lot of others.  Yeah, sounds like this version was not RTM ready.  Is  MSFS20 scaring L.M. much?   Seems to be the case.  Sorry to read of your woes.  Reading this morning, (couldn't get on to buy yesterday with the rest of you...)  I'm going to pass,  fly the new v4.5 hotfix 3 and wait until MSFS20 RTM's...again, sad to be reading all this this morning!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Marcus, I am just stunned to be reading this from you, and huge negatives from a lot of others.  Yeah, sounds like this version was not RTM ready.  Is  MSFS20 scaring L.M. much?   Seems to be the case.  Sorry to read of your woes.  Reading this morning, (couldn't get on to buy yesterday with the rest of you...)  I'm going to pass,  fly the new v4.5 hotfix 3 and wait until MSFS20 RTM's...again, sad to be reading all this this morning!  

I’ll be waiting now before purchasing 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Without real weather and shaders there is nothing to do there. Even ORBX will not save.

• Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I’ll be waiting now before purchasing 

Indeed the better option, I am as well holding my wallet. Seeing some people having these issues with the vRAM and GPU, looks like a HF may come soon.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Same here. I will wait for most of my addons to get a official update (Active Sky and PTA) because it looks like v4 with default shaders if enhanced clouds are disabled. 

The thing I like the most is the FPS gain that users reported.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming