Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Final take..."P3D v5 and stuffed with Orbx ....."

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The pictures posted don't convince me because they look just like the ones you can get out of P3Dv.5 with ORBX. The pics are a showcase for ORBX not for the core simulator. Sorry not impressed.

I won't bother posting pictures from my sim here again then that was from my sim P3Dv5 +Rex Skyforce

17 minutes ago, airservices said:

I won't bother posting pictures from my sim here again then that was from my sim P3Dv5 +Rex Skyforce

You still need to...for there other countless others that are VERY INTERESTED in what you are doing...trying...playing around with...such as the following for myself:

I also started seeing what could be injected into the sim,  as far as clouds and found that I could inject my REX Low Base, SOFT CLOUDS.  This is a set that I like..and are now successfully injected. These are no longer the v5 default cloud sets.  I am really hoping sooner than later...that Hi-Fi gets a Active Sky Next module out to us..., but anyway, good morning, and here's the REX Soft Clouds (one of many, many cloud sets I can inject)

Also, my the sim vRAM load in, has pretty much settled down with all sliders at 85 or more percent to full out, but no Beta Atmos.  I seem to sit around half my allotted 6.7GB of my 8GB card..so around 3.4/8 GB's used at any given time. That means...no vRAM OOM at this end...:)

I have also made a shortcut to the suneffect.cfg file, and after each flight am either making it larger, or smaller (including the moon at night) until I get exactly what I want it to look like. Doing a shortcut on your Desktop, make this a snap.  Use Note Plus, change the two numbers...and fly the next flight. Easy as pie.

2020-4-18-7-10-34-425.jpg

2020-4-18-7-11-37-621.jpg

2020-4-18-7-27-43-542.jpg

2020-4-18-7-27-56-985.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Well i just tried a little 1 on 1 test regarding FPS in FT EKCH A20  2.0 and 2.1 with the inbuild carenado silver thing since its the same in both sims .

I had 66 fps in v4 and about 82-90fps in v5 with the new Truesky enabled . (my gtx 1080TI FTW3 at 98% in v5 unlimited)

Actually VRAM was the same in both sims (about 150mb in v4 favour 4,5GB VRAM) 4K, 2048 textures , pretty much what i use for FSLA320/NGXU but with higher water and shadows for the test.

So far so good

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Well i just tried a little 1 on 1 test regarding FPS in FT EKCH A20  2.0 and 2.1 with the inbuild carenado silver thing since its the same in both sims .

I had 66 fps in v4 and about 82-90fps in v5 with the new Truesky enabled . (my gtx 1080TI FTW3 at 98% in v5 unlimited)

Actually VRAM was the same in both sims (about 150mb in v4 favour 4,5GB VRAM) 4K, 2048 textures , pretty much what i use for FSLA320/NGXU but with higher water and shadows for the test.

So far so good

Michael Moe

Take her to the limit, Mike...we all are..and are having a blast discovering it all. I just injected my REX soft clouds that I bought for FSX/P3D 3 and 4. No problem injecting into v5.  I'm playing with all the different sets...

17 hours ago, GSalden said:

Fantastic screenshots !

If you guys find the sun to small : search for the suneffecf.cfg file and change the default moon / sun according to your liking.

For my real size home cockpit I use :

Moon 1500 ( default 900 )

Sun 6072 ( default 2072 )

You must have a HUGE visual set up...for I did use your numbers...and the sun looked like it was going NOVA, lol.  That was my last flight, so I halved your numbers in the suneffect.cfg and am about to see what that looks like. 🙂  Thanks for pointing out that you can easily change the size of either the sun or moon. I notice too that the sun corona, scales to whatever you set the disk size to...and that was cool...

30 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Take her to the limit, Mike...we all are..and are having a blast discovering it all. I just injected my REX soft clouds that I bought for FSX/P3D 3 and 4. No problem injecting into v5.  I'm playing with all the different sets...

Thank you Mitch , :-) to be fair the P3dv4 is on a slower HDD but still. We will se when FSL/PMDG arrives.

How do you use REX for weather engine with Truesky ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

18 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Thank you Mitch , 🙂 to be fair the P3dv4 is on a slower HDD but still. We will se when FSL/PMDG arrives.

How do you use REX for weather engine with Truesky ?

Michael Moe

Oh..I can't...only the Stand Alone Soft Clouds injector is what I am presently using.  I have no weather injection at this time.

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For now, it doesn't include the Beta Amos

I believe Mitch has sidelined TrueSky for the time being.

Mike

Edited by Cruachan

I checked my load times. First start, about 3 minutes to the start screen and then another 2 minutes to the flight. Second start 45 seconds to the start screen and about 1 minute to the flight. 

This is with AIG Traffic, AI Ship Traffic, a lot from ORBX, Tongass, Misty Moorings and the Milviz Beaver. Truesky on. 

Two impressions from this flight are added. screenshot2020-04-181vzkp3.png

screenshot2020-04-181ggkra.png

Hans

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Yes, me. Thanks for bringing it up. I have the complete ORBX product range and installed what's compatible so far. I find menu access unacceptably slow now. I am not sure if ORBX is responsible, but after selecting a menu item I have to wait for a minute until the menu actually appears which is not really fun. 

Also, startup of the sim is sloooow, and without an exact comparison I feel lt (even) slower than in 4.5.

Both facts might or might not be related to the fact I installed ORBX into a library via add-on.xml while I had it integrated into the sim in 4.5. 

Kind regards, Michael

I have the exact same issues Michael - and I used the Orbx-recommended process that they posted.

It's not an option to NOT have Orbx installed, because the stock textures and landclass are just as off-putting in V5 as in v4.

• Like 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I preface this response by stating that I have yet to take the plunge re V5, but I am wondering whether access and startup times could be improved by disabling scenery areas considered irrelevant to your proposed current flight. Perhaps Lorby’s AO tool would help in this respect by defining a configuration outside the sim before starting a session. This worked in V4.

Mike

Edited by Cruachan

8 minutes ago, Cruachan said:

I preface this response by stating that I have yet to take the plunge re V5, but I am wondering whether access and startup times could be improved by disabling scenery areas considered irrelevant to your proposed current flight. Perhaps Lorby’s AO tool would help in this respect by defining a configuration outside the sim before starting a session. This worked in V4.

Mike

I already use SimStarter for this. Menu access still slow.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

18 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Did you get V5?

Hell NO! 😀

I have too many add-ons that need to work before I even consider updating.

I have a feeling Mitch has never used PTA because my screen looks just as good as the pics I see posted on this thread.

I want higher fps but not at the expense of CTDs.

There have been so many problems reported that I'll probably never update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The pictures posted don't convince me because they look just like the ones you can get out of P3Dv.5 with ORBX. The pics are a showcase for ORBX not for the core simulator. Sorry not impressed.

You mean 4.5. Right?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.