Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Final take..."P3D v5 and stuffed with Orbx ....."

Who the hell let this guy into the party? Positive comments and copious enthusiasm are simply not allowed here. Read the rules!

• Like 18

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm very happy for you Mitch, but I'm a bit perplexed. What exactly is so different from this version that has you head over heals?

I've seen pics like this before in FSX.

"Oh gawd, Jose...no way...nooooo way...the clarity...depth of field...the animation....the smoooooooooooooooooooooooooothness...I am having to relearn how to control all my planes...they are so HOT...now...this AIN'T FSX...this AIN'T P3D 1, 2, 3, 4...uh...this is something totally....a new visual and flight experience! 🙂  "   You are seeing a still pic...you are NOT seeing  THIS flight simulator in action!  Wow.......SOLD!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

"Oh gawd, Jose...no way...nooooo way...the clarity...depth of field...the animation....the smoooooooooooooooooooooooooothness...I am having to relearn how to control all my planes...they are so HOT...now...this AIN'T FSX...this AIN'T P3D 1, 2, 3, 4...uh...this is something totally....a new visual and flight experience! 🙂  "   You are seeing a still pic...you are NOT seeing  THIS flight simulator in action!  Wow.......SOLD!

Why are you doing this to me? 😢

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Who the hell let this guy into the party? Positive comments and copious enthusiasm are simply not allowed here. Read the rules!

Christopher,

Many of us get it.

Maybe there is some truth and valid points that so many people are upset and have issues. There is no need to be sarcastic.

Why don't you try to collect data about the settings from all these people and try to find the common nominator that create all these beautiful settings and help the others with issues?

That would be more appropriate and helpful.

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

@Sesquashtoo,

Would be possible to share with us your settings please?

Many people will appreciate the help.

Thank you!

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Has hell frozen over... is Mitch back in P3D? 😃

I'm enjoying it as well. Installed it the other day and found performance greatly improved and the new atmospheric rendering option a very nice improvement.. If all my current aircraft and products work without an upgrade cost then I'm happy with it so far.. It's amazing how much decent lighting can change a sim

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Why are you doing this to me? 😢

"Sorry...truly am...I'm not actively trying to be the biggest S.O.A.B. on the planet....Jose...let me tell ya..and then I'll leave off before readers gag....you want the truth?  Here it is...since FSX...P3D 1,2,3,4...in hindsight, in flying P3D v5.0...for about an hour now...and am going to go on a dedicated IFR at 12,500 feet flight back to Michgan, as soon as I tell ya this:   "Jose...those other P3D's? ----->They were P3D place-holders, until V5/DX12 came along."  Type at ya later...I have a flight to set up...climb to 12,500...sit back...at cruise,...and just ENJOY  "L.M...it's truly the truth...we should NEVER judge a sim...by somebody's ELSES, 'book cover..'.  Sure glad **I** didn't ...."

Cheers, Jose...

back to the sim......:)

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, killthespam said:

Christopher,

Many of us get it.

Maybe there is some truth and valid points that so many people are upset and have issues. There is no need to be sarcastic.

Why don't you try to collect data about the settings from all these people and try to find the common nominator that create all these beautiful settings and help the others with issues?

That would be more appropriate and helpful.

Killthespam...he was actually (in my take) being funny...not sarcastic, as I certainly didn't take it as that...I laughed out loud when I read his post.  All's good...he meant nothing by it...:)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Hi Mitch,

So good to see your participation on this forum again! We need guys like you to lighten the mood while drilling through all the negativity.

One question: Have you given ORBX Global Vector a miss this time around?

ATB,

Mike

19 minutes ago, killthespam said:

@Sesquashtoo,

Would be possible to share with us your settings please?

Many people will appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Sure...let me set up a few of the masks...and be right back...ASAP.

Here you go...enjoy!

Graphics-1.png

Graphics2.png

Graphics3.png

Graphics4.png

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

I’m an XP11 guy, but yes also wow, got this thing running great now. It’s superb! 

• Like 2

Mitch, your enthusiasm has always thrilled me. Be it for XP or now for v5. I must admit though that I am also step by step trying to move fully to v5 myself while also trying out Vulkan. The weather injection from FSrealWX is far from being an Active Sky but it produces some fancy results, particularly with haze and dusk and dawn. You all can give the 30 day trial a shot if you like. 

Isn't it great that we are confined? (NO IT ISN'T) - sarcasm end

• Like 1

Hans

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

is a hand's down WINNER!  I am thrilled, man...thrilled.  On my 7 year old modest system, I have the sim cranked right out...every feature on...sliders bending the far right...and while I am getting around 22-30 FPS depending on what's happening, it's dead smooth...NO STUTTER and the output man oh man...is just ACE!   I'm  dumping my v4.5 this afternoon and freeing up the room  I do not come close to having a vRAM OOM..for with the sim features BURSTING at the seams...I never go past 4.4 GB out of a total available on my system of 6.7.  No matter what...storms...whatever...my vRAM doesn't spike past that!  I had one CTD but not because of vRAM exhaustion, but because I was ranking all over the slides, and I guess that v5.0 didn't much like that...having to keep renewing the art assets.

Bottom line...GLAD I JUMPED IN!  Absolutely!  

I don't truly have one constructive criticism at this point.  The sim runs beautifully...cranked right up...no need for a partial and diminished screen and feature output.  Dang...I stamp P3Dv5 a winner and absolutly is NOT or should not be v4.6...

Cheers,  y'all!

Ses

Have fun in another sim in our arsenal to enjoy 🙂

• Like 1

André

35 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Why are you doing this to me

Did you get V5?

Alex 

there you go! enhanced atmospherics off! no wonder it runs so well on your system...

Edited by Saunameister