Sign in to follow this  
bcuomo

Planes crash on short final in V5

Hello all,

I post on Orbx forum before discovering this Avsim thread : https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/191326-sudden-hill-crash-at-sedona/?do=findComment&comment=1648860

Orbx acknowledge the problem and "added it to the list". I didn't know it could happened on default airport as well.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

9 hours ago, netshadoe said:

LC only paints the pretty pictures on the mesh.

LC doesn’t paint any pretty pictures on the mesh. LC just says what type of tile goes in a given location.  Other components paint said tiles...

Just now, Mgard78 said:

LC doesn’t paint any pretty pictures on the mesh. LC just says what type of tile goes in a given location.  Other components paint said tiles...

My point was the LC doesn't cause walls in the sky...but yes, you're right if you have to get technical...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Just happened at short final into EGLL (Aerosoft) in V5. I was flying the E190 v3. ORBX Base and Europe LC in use. 

Propably also a EGLL issue since its not yet officially v5 supported. But was the first time ever I experienced this. Never had it in P3D v4. 

26 minutes ago, onurair said:

Just happened at short final into EGLL (Aerosoft) in V5. I was flying the E190 v3. ORBX Base and Europe LC in use. 

Propably also a EGLL issue since its not yet officially v5 supported. But was the first time ever I experienced this. Never had it in P3D v4. 

Have any of you used the Orbx routine that corrects airport elevation anomalies?  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Have any of you used the Orbx routine that corrects airport elevation anomalies?  

ORBX Vector is no longer used in P3Dv5.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just slammed into the water again. This time 1 - 2nm from rwy 10R at Flightbeam KPDX. Last night it was Flightbeam KSFO. Both are over water approaches. Wonder if that has something to do with it?

Edited by Bnash00
Typo

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

Well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled V5. First flight on a Vanilla V5 and had the same crash 1nm out of LSZH runway 32 coming from LOWI with 5m Mesh Resolution. The only add-on installed was NGXu and I was flying that aircraft.

I will try with a default airplane and will report back.

But this is not looking good at all.

Edited by ttbq1
  • Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Try to notice you AGL level, Looks like it happens to me at 500ft AGL at LPPT rwy 21 approach. Defauld or MK Studios, it doesn't matter

Also, I've tried to connect FS Global 2018 mesh and it didn't help either

Edited by wormy09

56 minutes ago, wormy09 said:

Try to notice you AGL level, Looks like it happens to me at 500ft AGL at LPPT rwy 21 approach. Defauld or MK Studios, it doesn't matter

Also, I've tried to connect FS Global 2018 mesh and it didn't help either

So, you can reproduce it? That would be nice!

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

@kaha wdym? I've reproduced it seven times trying to fix the issue swithcing on/off .bgl's, addons and so on. 

8 minutes ago, wormy09 said:

@kaha wdym? I've reproduced it seven times trying to fix the issue swithcing on/off .bgl's, addons and so on. 

HI, I have uninstalled NGXu and have done 5 landings without crashes, completely vanilla p3dv5. I have used the mooney and have landed also at default LPPT rwy 21 successfully twice.

Please try and let me know. 

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

@ttbq1 were you arriving from remote aiport or just flew some traffic pannerns around LPPT area? Because if you load in the trouble airport there will be no "wall", it only appears when you fly from remote area.

It's true for every aiprort mentioned here, LPPT, LOWI and etc.

Edited by wormy09

@wormy09 Hi, I flew from LPBJ (Leja) to LPPT in both flights.

I was also testing LSZH coming from LOWI, I was not doing circuits, without issues.

I have just reinstalled Orbx Libraries, ObjectFlow and Global (No OpenLC yet) and I will do some tests LPBJ-LPPT and LOWI-LSZH.

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia