Sign in to follow this  
bcuomo

Planes crash on short final in V5

That's interesting. I'll try to disconnect ORBX OLC EU and fly to default LPPT on some fighter jet I gues...

Greetings and health to all ... I have experienced the same problem using Carenado B200 and CT206H with clean installation, without terrain mesh, using default scenery in Venezuela FIR. Initially it happened to me in night flight and now in day flight. I am using 38m, 60 cm.

Hugs

Edited by yvjjflores

Alao experiencing this fro  time to time. Not always but so now and on. No ,esh installed either. But ORBX GLOBAL BASE and ORBX LC. 

Today on aproach EDDK 14L Aerosoft Airport with stock Mooney somewhere between 300 and 800 FT. 

Postet it on LM Support forum. You should all do this please to get attention on this. 

Would be a very nasty issue coming from a mid or longhaul at the most beautiful part of a flight.....,

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Alao experiencing this fro  time to time. Not always but so now and on. No ,esh installed either. But ORBX GLOBAL BASE and ORBX LC. 

Today on aproach EDDK 14L Aerosoft Airport with stock Mooney somewhere between 300 and 800 FT. 

Postet it on LM Support forum. You should all do this please to get attention on this. 

Would be a very nasty issue coming from a mid or longhaul at the most beautiful part of a flight.....,

Marcus

👍. See -> https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=137100

Edited by yvjjflores
  • Like 1

Would be nice if LM address this, it's a legitimate issue in V5 for almost everyone, clearly related to the land class changes they made with V5.

Seems I am on the crash on final band wagon.....

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

I don't think this is related to scenery addons as I had none installed at all when this happened.  No addon airports either.  It happened with a default plane and an addon plane.  I tried lowering my terrain mesh to 10m and it hasn't happened yet, although I did notice something.  Using the JF Arrow (which was one of the planes that crashed), I went on 2 flights to different airports (all default, one was KSWF and I can't recall the other) and I was able to land without a crash, however I had a strange drop out or "stutter" in the engine sound right about the point where I would have expected the plane to crash, but it didn't.  It happened on both flights at the same point, and I didn't notice any other problem with the sound except those two spots on short final.  I don't know if it means anything, but I just figured I'd report it in case it does.  I'll keep testing.

I've had it happen twice - really frustrating. All we can do it let LM know and hope they resolve it quickly. Meanwhile let LM know in the thread listed earlier.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This just happened to me on short final 31R KPSP in the A2A Bonanza. Sudden drop maybe 500ft to the ground. It was a uneventful but enjoyable flight from Catalina until this happened. Glad it's only a simulator. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

KMRY and KSFO (FB) here as well. Crash detection off, 10m stock  mesh.

Thinkin' about going back to the future (4.5) :>)

Once or twice I have touched what I imagine to be the top of the "wall"...with a touchdown sound...but without being thrown to the ground.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Just did a flight from KCRQ-KPSP and "Somebody pinch me!" No crash on final. It happen like every flight yesterday. So far first flight today and no issue

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

by Rob McCarthy » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the reports. We'll investigate this issue and report back.
Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

by Clifton Crane » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:12 pm

Hello,

For users experiencing this issue, we suggest the following to help mitigate the problem:

1. Takeoff and land at airports that are at similar altitudes. If flying between airports with differing altitudes, takeoff from the airport with the lower elevation and land at the airport with the higher elevation.
2. Takeoff and land at airports that are surrounded by relatively flat terrain.
3. If possible, save your scenario when at cruising altitude and then reload that same saved scenario.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr

Edited by yvjjflores
  • Like 1

Hello...

Points 1 and 2 I have done as evidence on 2 occasions without problems.

It seems that it was a problem that happens randomly, because in clear airports, without elevations that problem has happened to me and in the others it has not. But other people have reported situations contrary to my experience.

At the same airport (SVPR) during the first landing attempt I had the failure and after executing a new approach and passing through the same site nothing happened.