Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
netshadoe

Heads up on new AI separation utilities for P3Dv4

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Hi Devon, were the AI in hold (by AIFlow) when they disappeared?  With an AI spacing of 10 nm, that might be causing a lot of hold activity.  So one thought:  This could be particular to YSSY based on the AI tending to get injected at the edge of the reality bubble and then getting put immediately into hold due to the high AIARRIVALSPACING value you're using.  They then egress the reality bubble during a portion of their hold and get deleted by P3D. 

A possible solution:  bump down AIARRIVALSPACING or if you want to keep that where that is, bump down AIMONITORRADIUS so AI are "more inside" the bubble before holding actions occur.  The default AIMONITORRADIUS radius of 200000 meters (108 nm) extends to the edge of the bubble, so it can be reduced.

 

 

Good point...they are on the edge of the bubble.  I'll give it a shot and get back to you.


Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Good point...they are on the edge of the bubble.  I'll give it a shot and get back to you.

Thanks, if that turns out to be the culprit, I should probably reduce the default AIMONITORRADIUS radius because it seems like this issue could repeat itself at other specific airports.  

Some airports have the opposite issue, the AI tends to get injected high and close to the destination airport, which sometimes causes P3D to make the AI go into a dive bomb (e.g., EGLL when AI landing west 27L & R).  I actually had to add code to "catch" the dive bombing AI and stabilize it before it crashes into terrain.  Also added the AIBADAPPROACHFILTER option.  

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

1. Have you by chance used any other utility that changed the timeout settings for the AI?
2. Also, can you give me the simconnect version you are running?

Hi, Roland!
Thanks a lot for replying.

1. I use FSUIPC's traffic limiter set to 50 (upper limit). And so single vanishing did happen a few times.
However, it was the first time ever when all (several) of the taxing aircraft disappered in short intervals of time. Must be some weird coincidence though, as you say your tools do not delete AI aircraft.

2. Sure, it is 4.5.0.0.

By the way, if that matters, I'm on P3Dv4.5.2 and Windows 10 Pro.

Edited by Rafal

Rafal Haczek

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Thanks, if that turns out to be the culprit, I should probably reduce the default AIMONITORRADIUS radius because it seems like this issue could repeat itself at other specific airports.  

Some airports have the opposite issue, the AI tends to get injected high and close to the destination airport, which sometimes causes P3D to make the AI go into a dive bomb (e.g., EGLL when AI landing west 27L & R).  I actually had to add code to "catch" the dive bombing AI and stabilize it before it crashes into terrain.  Also added the AIBADAPPROACHFILTER option.  

Hi Roland,

Turns out it's the AFCAD that is the problem.  I installed an "enhanced" AFCAD from AIG, and unbeknownst to me, it deletes all AI to and from the airport between certain flight levels.  Went back to Fly Tampa's version, and all operations are normal.

Now I have to figure out how an AFCAD deletes AI.  🔍


Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah when you do that let me know - I'd love to remove all AI from Gatwick, Stansted and London City when I'm operating into LHR. No point in processing AI that you can't see. UT2 used to have a feature that removed all flights to/from a particular airport. I asked the developer of Super Traffic Board if it was something he might do but the response was luke warm...

 

 


Kael Oswald

i7 8086k @ 5.1 / ASUS ROG Maximus XI / 16GB DDR4 3600 @ 15 / H150i PRO AIO / RTX 2080 TI / 49" SONY 4K LCD TV

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Yeah when you do that let me know - I'd love to remove all AI from Gatwick, Stansted and London City when I'm operating into LHR. No point in processing AI that you can't see. UT2 used to have a feature that removed all flights to/from a particular airport. I asked the developer of Super Traffic Board if it was something he might do but the response was luke warm...

 

 

There is a tool over at AIG that might do what you want called AICompanion

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

it has the ability to filter out traffic going and coming from defined airports as far as I can tell, but I’ve never used it for that.

From what I can tell, it looks like Super Traffic Board, but it’s free.  But I don’t own super traffic board, so I’m not 100% sure.

Edited by netshadoe
  • Upvote 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Share this post


Link to post

I've seen some classic behavior same as "AISmooth" did, like AI slowly glide on the path over 30 degree to the runway, or the AI land a few miles short before runway then "taxi" to the runway and vacated....

BTW I feel the "not detect dep airport" message window is kind annoying, I enconter it when sit in ramp and somehow it resolved by it self when taxing or when taking off, I know it's in beta and it's good for debug, but for a normal user, that's a quite big message window...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, netshadoe said:

There is a tool over at AIG that might do what you want called AICompanion

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29651.0

it has the ability to filter out traffic going and coming from defined airports as far as I can tell, but I’ve never used it for that.

From what I can tell, it looks like Super Traffic Board, but it’s free.  But I don’t own super traffic board, so I’m not 100% sure.

Thanks mate - I'll check it out!

 


Kael Oswald

i7 8086k @ 5.1 / ASUS ROG Maximus XI / 16GB DDR4 3600 @ 15 / H150i PRO AIO / RTX 2080 TI / 49" SONY 4K LCD TV

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, C2615 said:

I've seen some classic behavior same as "AISmooth" did, like AI slowly glide on the path over 30 degree to the runway, or the AI land a few miles short before runway then "taxi" to the runway and vacated....

BTW I feel the "not detect dep airport" message window is kind annoying, I enconter it when sit in ramp and somehow it resolved by it self when taxing or when taking off, I know it's in beta and it's good for debug, but for a normal user, that's a quite big message window...

The AI do a fine job descending into terrain without my program 😉, the most recent hotfix catches the dive-bombers.  I could do more to filter out the problem AI(s) out though, thanks for the suggestions.  AI approaching the airport on the ground should be easy to detect and deal with as well as impossibly slow airborne AI. 

Re: user's current airport not being detected, that's a show stopper.  The user should either take the steps I mentioned in the message to correct the issue in-sim (build and activate - not load - a direct IFR flight plan then cancel if not needed) or exit AIFlow.  I probably need to make that more clear in the text message.  I've notified LM about the simconnect bug that causes the issue.

 

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Re: user's current airport not being detected, that's a show stopper.  The user should either take the steps I mentioned in the message to correct the issue in-sim (build and activate - not load - a direct IFR flight plan then cancel if not needed) or exit AIFlow.  I probably need to make that more clear in the text message.  I've notified LM about the simconnect bug that causes the issue.

 

On my system, I often get such error when setting at RAMP and/or while Taxing, but most of the time,  it just goes resolved all by it self when I entering runway, or sometimes while taxiing...

So I kinda "believe" it would resolve itself on the run... So I'd be glad if there is an option just simply disable that huge text message....

Share this post


Link to post

Latest revisions:

AIGround v1.1 HF2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/d76p0tpovbmn6l5/AIGround_v110HF2.zip/file

Added:

(1) AI landing brake scalar to adjust AI landing rollout distances (optional).
(2) AI extends push back by performing a tight, multi-point turn (to avoid other AI in crowded gate areas) and ends up facing opposite direction for a more orderly taxi roll (optional).
(3) Added compatibility for remote execution via xml and add-on installation method.
(4) Reduced in-sim message level for non-verbose settings (optional).

AIFlow v1.1 HF2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iaoousbtcvf33ar/AIFlow_v110HF2.zip/file

Added: 
(1) Detects and corrects P3D AI bugs:  (1) divebombing AI(s) injected too close to destination airport; (2) AI(s) detected to have controlled descended into terrain; and (3) AI flying impossibly slow.
(2) Added compatibility for remote execution via xml and add-on installation method.

Fixed and Improved:
(1) Fixed AI anti-runway incursion option where sometimes landing AI would stop on runway.
(2) Improved AI anti-runway incursion option to better prevent AI incursions into and AI stopping on runways while user's aircraft is taking off or landing.  NOTE: this feature has also been changed to default OFF because it can cause unexpected AI movements if the user is unaware the feature is activated.
(3) Fixed additional issues with an AI-AI pair sometimes getting locked into a holding pattern. 

  • Like 14
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

(1) AI landing brake scalar to adjust AI landing rollout distances (optional).

THAT!

Share this post


Link to post

What are you guys setting the scalar to? I put in 1.5 for starters.


Best regards, Dimitrios

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

What are you guys setting the scalar to? I put in 1.5 for starters.

I think about 20.0 is a good starting point.  You can tell when the scalar is too high because the AI will  give up trying to slow down and take off again.  😉  The best value does seem to vary between AI sets.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,860.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...