Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 30th, 2020 - Development Update

8 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

the automation can only place the correct trees if their data includes the tree types.

The automation is not a panacea, it has to be supervised, corrected, taught. The data are available if not in a computer format at least in the expertise of geographers or even people with a little common sense or knowledge. I hope there are some in the alpha crowd.

I am entirely with Matthews here. Trees are a fundamental element of any landscape. I do not expect to see trees planted at the exact same spot than in real life of course but I expect an average realistic size and a proper choice of variety.

The AI is a wonderful tool to recreate large landscapes with a minimum of human efforts but like I’ve said for the Bangkok scenery when the AI confuses a wall with a building, it still needs a lot of human inputs.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

What I miss in this scenery are palm-trees on the shore. On the photos you can see the whole shoreline with palmtrees

• Like 3

I think I already posted this video before somewhere else but, look at the trees here they are huge and right by the seashore.

This is Sirena which has already been shown in MSFS screenshots.

• Like 2

It’s gotten quiet here pretty quick. I guess most of the people here have become alpha testers and are now hanging out in the MSFS Alpha forums. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

It’s gotten quiet here pretty quick. I guess most of the people here have become alpha testers and are now hanging out in the MSFS Alpha forums. 

and another group is absorbed in getting Prepar3d5 to work as advertised.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 4

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

More like they are tired of the same old habitual complaining. :wink: JMPO

huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FAZZ3 said:

My hype is long gone. I've only been waiting for the release date for months. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kpeters said:

I think I already posted this video before somewhere else but, look at the trees here they are huge and right by the seashore.

Exception not the rule.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

2 hours ago, Deleted said:

My hype is long gone. I've only been waiting for the release date for months. 

Same here. The incremental weekly updates, although highly appreciated, don’t have the same fuzzy feeling as the E3 trailers or the feature discovery series. 

I guess many of us non-alpha chaps will have to patiently resort to any major updates or announcements, whenever they come. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Take your time. Then we can have tree's the right size. Buildings that match locations. Wings that flex. Undulations on runways of airports that nobody has heard of. And bridges, 

And most of all, then we wont have to listen aymore to mSParks, MatthewS mp15 and Dominique_K. 😂 😉 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Take your time. Then we can have tree's the right size. Buildings that match locations. Wings that flex. Undulations on runways of airports that nobody has heard of. And bridges, 

And most of all, then we wont have to listen aymore to mSParks, MatthewS mp15 and Dominique_K. 😂 😉 

At least we have something constructive to say, unlike your drivel.

Matthew S

10 hours ago, Doug47 said:

I would say the only troll in that list is mSparks.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

15 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Same here. The incremental weekly updates, although highly appreciated, don’t have the same fuzzy feeling as the E3 trailers or the feature discovery series. 

I guess many of us non-alpha chaps will have to patiently resort to any major updates or announcements, whenever they come. 

I only follow the updates and the forum sporadically. I'm just waiting for the release date to be published. I am not interested in anything else at the moment, because waiting and hyping makes you sick. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MatthewS said:

At least we have something constructive to say, unlike your drivel.

It was a joke. Plus I gave you an opportunity to get some 'likes'. Which I noticed didn't happen... 😔

Anyways...just be patient like the rest of us. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:08 PM, snglecoil said:

Can we stop for a moment and just appreciate that there are plausible shorelines in just about every water shot shown so far! It may not be perfectly colored yet, but rivers, lakes and oceans have believable transitions between land and water.

I wonder what those transitions look like in motion. If there's some sort of transparency effect to them as well, also how the waves will interact.

• Upvote 1