Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 30th, 2020 - Development Update

Dear Asobo,

I bet a lot of people would LOVE to see frozen lakes and rivers. That would make this image look even more amazing.

Screenshot-53.png

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

5 hours ago, Darcanlos said:

There's an empty square farther back in the horizon where the textures didn't seem to load.

It is an artificial pond

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

6 hours ago, ual763 said:

Guys!  I believe we have confirmation of actual airlines now.  The shot by OperatorLand468 shows the Airbus in British Airways colors!

Good catch, that was hard to see without zooming in.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

the team is excited to officially announce that the next Partnership Series Spotlights will feature – NAVBLUEmeteoblue, and FlightAware.

If seems that MS is subcontracting a lot of data to 3rd party providers which raises the question of the duration of these service contracts . Not a frivolous question for a paying end-user.

PS I long for the day when PR persons will stop using words like excited, amazing, awesome and speak like normal adults.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

4 hours ago, memhir_abrari said:

Someone on reddit mentioned that one of the screenshots contains a British airways livery. 

https://imgur.com/BgWUfWq

That was pointed out on page 1 of this topic. 

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see fhcraig likes his Scottish mountains. That first shot of his is Blabheinn, one of the Cuillins on the Isle of Skye. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blà_Bheinn

It lacks a bit of the jaggedness of the real thing, but i guess we hit the limitation of the mesh at some point. It will be less noticeable on a big hill like Mont Blanc.

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

38 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

PS I long for the day when PR persons will stop using words like excited, amazing, awesome and speak like normal adults.

Then they wouldn't be called PR persons anymore 😃

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

7 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Palawan-El-Nido-Pangulasian-Island-1.jpg

This picture was posted by me. I use that name DampfGebhard9514 on the XBox One, when I "play" Forza Horizon 4 and I wasn't able to change it for MSFS 😉

The place is in Palawan, Southern Philippines, El Nido. The island is Pangulasian. I have been there, that is why I wanted to see it in the new sim. The beach is a bit too small and yes, the trees are way too tall. All I can say is, it's been reported, they know it and they work on this. I have to tell myself at least two times a day: relax, Bernd, this is still alpha, what are you complaining about 😃

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice screenshots. As usual however what i like the most are the clouds. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

10 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

This picture was posted by me. I use that name DampfGebhard9514 on the XBox One, when I "play" Forza Horizon 4 and I wasn't able to change it for MSFS 😉

The place is in Palawan, Southern Philippines, El Nido. The island is Pangulasian. I have been there, that is why I wanted to see it in the new sim. The beach is a bit too small and yes, the trees are way too tall. All I can say is, it's been reported, they know it and they work on this. I have to tell myself at least two times a day: relax, Bernd, this is still alpha, what are you complaining about 😃

The ideal screenshot. We see something we haven't seen before, we see it clearly without any cute effect. Thanks Bernd. Exactly what the non alpha testers need ! 

• Like 5

Dominique

I just wonder why MS have to repeat their news announcement

Is it lack of other news?

In the 30th April announcement they said:

ALPHA BUILD UPDATE 1.3.X.X IS COMING

The team is currently wrapping up final testing on the upcoming Alpha 1.3.X.X build. Among the many content updates and bug fixes included in this build, we are excited to release the Boeing 747 for community testing. Similar to the Airbus A320, we will provide the community detailed build notes upon release.

The team is still tracking to release in the next 7-10 days.

• MAY – Alpha Build 1.3.X.X
    • Build currently in final testing phase.
    • Content update to include the Boeing 747 for community testing.
    • Full build notes to be posted upon release.

ALPHA INVITATIONS

The team is completing the last remaining tasks on step 1 while beginning to transition over to step 2.
We will be sending out new invites with the release of build 1.3.X.X.

1. Ensure that everyone that received an acceptance email has access to the Alpha.
    • STATUS – Performing final pass.
  1. Assess Alpha participation options for adding more people as quickly as possible.
    • Prioritize access for those that registered early for pre-release build testing.
    • STATUS – New invites will be sent with the release of build 1.3.X.X.

In the 23rd April announcement they said:

ALPHA BUILD UPDATE 1.3.X.X IS COMING

The team is currently wrapping up final testing on the upcoming Alpha 1.3.X.X build. Among the many content updates and bug fixes included in this build, we are excited to release the Boeing 747 for community testing. Similar to the Airbus A320, we will provide the community detailed build notes upon release.

We expect to release the Alpha 1.3.X.X build within the next 14 days.

• MAY – Alpha Build 1.3.X.X
    • Build currently in final testing phase.
    • Content update to include the Boeing 747 for community testing.
    • Full build notes to be posted upon release.

ALPHA INVITATIONS

The team is completing the last remaining tasks on step 1 while beginning to transition over to step 2.
We will be sending out new invites with the release of build 1.3.X.X.

1. Ensure that everyone that received an acceptance email has access to the Alpha.
    • STATUS – We are VERY close to completing this process.
  2. Assess Alpha participation options for adding more people as quickly as possible.
    • Prioritize access for those that registered early for pre-release build testing.
    • STATUS – New invites will be sent with the release of build 1.3.X.X.
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

I was here last year, Las Cabanas beach just south of El Nido town! It's a testament to the quality of the simulator that I recognized the location before you confirmed it. Agree that trees could be smaller but on a whole, its a fantastic representation. This time last year I was sipping on some San Miguel at that little beach hut at the corner. 

• Like 11

Great! I am going to be invited again for the Alpha after signing up the first week! 🤣🧐😛

Hoping to get an invite soon too... Signed up within the first few days - so here's hoping... Although, I don't have 32 GB RAM (only 16 GB) - but I'm hoping anyway... 🙂

These screenshots really DO look absolutely amazing!! It seems like Asobo/Microsoft just reached out to any 3rd party developer and wanted their input? It looks like they finally want to build the sim we've all been waiting and longing for... 

I'm excited, to say the least! 

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471