Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

April 30th, 2020 - Development Update

the last photo by FlyingFoxFox the ground looks awful and fuzzy!

2 hours ago, smithte said:

This time last year I was sipping on some San Miguel at that little beach hut at the corner. 

I'm green with envy 😃😃

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

5 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Good catch, that was hard to see without zooming in.

I have the feeling the Alpha user created the livery and then to show the landmarks, Asobo/MS still picked this screenshot as it did not reveal the livery completely for obvious reasons...

Or it could be one of those future partnerships announcement hinted here...

I vote for the first probability 🙂

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

11 hours ago, fsxkitty said:

OperatorLand's screenshot also gives us our first performance figure - 23FPS

But surely meaningless without knowing the system spec.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

I vote for the first probability 🙂

You are correct

• Like 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

You are correct

Can you tell your system specs and which settings you using on this screenshot (medium, high, ultra)? 

Thanks in advance.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

6 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

If seems that MS is subcontracting a lot of data to 3rd party providers which raises the question of the duration of these service contracts . Not a frivolous question for a paying end-user.

PS I long for the day when PR persons will stop using words like excited, amazing, awesome and speak like normal adults.

Good question!  They have stated MSFS will be a 10 year development cycle.  I would imagine the contract for these services would then also be 10 years.  If the game is a success (which by all accounts it should be), I would also imagine by that time they would be coming out with a new simulator, which would then probably have it’s own contract.  

10 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Can you tell your system specs and which settings you using on this screenshot (medium, high, ultra)? 

Thanks in advance.

These are my specs:Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 GhzNVidia GeForce GTX970, 32GB RAM

I run MSFS at high, my FPS in larger cities hovers around 18 (but fluid, no stutters at all), in rural areas it goes up to 27 to 30, depending on weather

• Like 9

Just now, bernd1151 said:

These are my specs:Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 GhzNVidia GeForce GTX970, 32GB RAM

I run MSFS at high, my FPS in larger cities hovers around 18 (but fluid, no stutters at all), in rural areas it goes up to 27 to 30, depending on weather

Thank you very much, it's awesome to read that. Also the Betas and Release Candidates will probably have a lot of performance optimizations, so it will probably be better than that.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

13 minutes ago, ual763 said:

.  I would imagine the contract for these services would then also be 10 years. 

🤞🤞

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

12 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Thank you very much, it's awesome to read that. Also the Betas and Release Candidates will probably have a lot of performance optimizations, so it will probably be better than that.

FPS also heavily depend on the resolution, on my rig (RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, I78086K) i get 30fps on 5K Resolution (LG 49 Ultrawidescreen) on Full HD 1920x1080 i get stable 50-60fps on HIGH/ULTRA Settings 😊 im just happy how well it runs for an alpha.

Edited by pointblack
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Krakin said:

"inaccurate reporting" I think they're talking about that bogus article that came out the other day. Shots fired. Also nice to see Matthew getting a shout out for undulating runways! 🤣👍

Not just him. They are thankful for any criticism. It will help the product evolve rather than keep people from trying it out. Plus, there is no bad publicity. 😉

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

12 minutes ago, pointblack said:

FPS also heavily depend on the resolution, on my rig (RTX 2080, 32GB RAM, I78086K) i get 30fps on 5K Resolution (LG 49 Ultrawidescreen) on Full HD 1920x1080 i get stable 50-60fps on HIGH/ULTRA Settings 😊 im just happy how well it runs for an alpha.

Hello, thank you very much for your feedback ! what do you think about this ultra wide screen ? the vertical heigh is enought in virtual cockpit view ? What about hdr ? 

Just for information it's not 5K its little bit less than 4k 5120*1440 😉

Edited by topatov

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

Can we stop for a moment and just appreciate that there are plausible shorelines in just about every water shot shown so far! It may not be perfectly colored yet, but rivers, lakes and oceans have believable transitions between land and water.  

....I can't wait to get this sim 🤩

• Like 4

Chris

Guys, are you even allowed to talk about how it runs on your systems? I thought that was a No No under the NDA.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11