Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

All these comments about the 717 being good. I think ima have to buy and fly it. Good little plane to take on the ATL to Florida runs. 

• Like 1

Eric 

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Amigo, she was not really 'dead'. Merely taking a sabbatical.

I'd hate to be in PMDG's shoes now if an aircraft that for them did not cut the mustard, turns out to be a goldmine for TDFi🤣

Luckily I retained my boxed version, albeit for FSX,......................but that's another story.🙄

i tend to agree.  This isn't a PMDG thread.  But they have been making strange moves.  People say they want an MD-11.  They say no it's not profitable, even if they could in theory just modernize their old one instead of a ground up build.  Then lately they seem to have this obsession with ground handling/braking when most were already content with what they had in place.  The people wanted things like PBR and soon.  

Edited by micstatic
  • Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

All these comments about the 717 being good. I think ima have to buy and fly it. Good little plane to take on the ATL to Florida runs. 

it's a fantastic plane.  Also landing it is a real joy.  I can't explain it.  It just is awesome to hand fly on the landing

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

It seems other devs are now choosing which aircraft to make primarily to troll PMDG.

If you’ve been reading threads on their forums the past few weeks:

PMDG: “We are not making a 767, despite your requests for the past 5 years, enough already.”

People: “767 is beautiful, though, we miss it.” :😢

Captain sim: “Ok, we got this, fam. 767 it is!”

PMDG/RSR: “We could make an MD-11, lulz just joking, that would only sell 3 copies.”

People: 😢😥😥

TFDi: “Hey, look at our shiny new MD-11!”

People: “Hurrah! I wonder what will be next!” 

FSL (next week, probably): “We have just released our new JS4100...”

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

9 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

FSL (next week, probably): “We have just released our new JS4100...”

Nah, someone should take over Concorde form FSL as TFDI take over MD11 from PMDG.

• Upvote 1

Would be fun, if TFDi and PMDG made this plane in cooperation

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Great news! Day one purchase for me.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Will be a good addition to the P3D hangar. Hopefuly they will make a freighter version available. I did not see this mentioned in the announcements yet.

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

23 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Will be a good addition to the P3D hangar. Hopefuly they will make a freighter version available. I did not see this mentioned in the announcements yet.

Freighter as well as different avionics configurations are already confirmed. In the comments section of their Facebook announcement post.

• Like 2

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Ecstatic to hear its official.   To see them do the 717 and despite its many shortcomings initially, the developer showed it was really committed and worked through all the issues to be a solid aircraft release for them.   Now all that experience extends to the MD-11 which I'm sure will prove its weight in gold.   Like the 717, It has great uniqueness from mainstream airliners. Alot of automation, but keeps you on your toes in some respects.  MD-11 was really advanced for its time, and the hybrid period of coming off traditional instruments and modernizing the cockpit, with its  blend of Boeing and Airbus functionality.  

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Truly this is one of the best news for our hobby since a long time. Just looking at everybody reactions is amazing and shows how much this beauty is very welcome. TFDi you got it. Of course day one purchase!

Cheers

• Upvote 2

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

Would be fun, if TFDi and PMDG made this plane in cooperation

Umm respectfully disagree. PMDG has such disdain for this aircraft, I rather they not.  But it sounds like they may have sold all or part of their resource materiels to TFDI as that snarky comment PMDG made had the subliminal hint that something was on the horizon but definitely wont be coming from them. Only thought that in hindsight. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Six pages already in a thread about the MD11, and no sign of Boomer?!! :ohmy:

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

MD-11 was really advanced for its time, and the hybrid period of coming off traditional instruments and modernizing the cockpit, with its  blend of Boeing and Airbus functionality. 

Was it really though? Cockpit wise, it resembled the F100  which was launched in 1986 (MD-11 used a similiar FMS, but with some added flavours).

MD11 EIS in was late 1990 with Finnair. A330 maiden flight was one year after. B777 followed suit in 1995.

One area stands out though, its EISWS (think EICAS / ECAM....). It was unmatched in automatic decision execution regarding tasks associated with failure management. (Yes even airbus was surpassed). 

"At a task level these can be summarised as ranging from Boeing's pilot who must decide what to do;  Airbus's pilot who is advised what to do and McDonnell-Douglas's pilot who is told what has been done"

(Hicks M., de Brito G., [1999] Civil Aircraft Warning Systems- Who's calling the shots. European Institute of Cognitive Science and Engineering)

But overall, the lineage from the DC10 and the choice of launching a tri-jet in the 90's sealed the fate for MDD.

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

TFDI are a talented group, but yet another Jalopy that - except for cargo - few airlines fly these days.