Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

It is a shame that so many flight simmers seem to consider current usage of a plane in the real world to be so important. Flight simulation really is so much more than that.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It is a shame that so many flight simmers seem to consider current usage of a plane in the real world to be so important. Flight simulation really is so much more than that.

I fully agree with you.

• Like 1

I think it's almost cooler that it is a large cargo airport, would love to fit one of those into Quito! I own the TFDi 717 and met the dev team, they're really passionate guys and this is really exciting. I kinda hope is sells really well just to show PMDG what can happen....

• Upvote 2

This is some of the best news I've heard so far, this year. I don't generally do 'Day 1' purchases but I don't think I will be able to restrict myself once this shows up in the marketplace.

Reading that the CTD bug with the B717 is fixed, I am excited to purchase it to offer my support for the dev team, once it's released for P3Dv5.

Thank you, TFDi!

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

All these comments about the 717 being good. I think ima have to buy and fly it. Good little plane to take on the ATL to Florida runs. 

I have been tempted but because it has so few European liveries I have hold my c/card.

39 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Different strokes for different folks but I thoroughly research current usage before I buy an addon. I never fly a commercial aircraft on anything other than its real life route(s), and I verify this frequently via airnav, flightaware, etc.

The second criteria is that there is at least a freeware addon scenery available for the airports I want to fly in and out of.

The third criteria is that I fly mostly out of Europe

The fourth criteria is that I fly mostly out of my home town.

The fifth criteria is: I don't fly cargo.

That's just me, though.

• Like 1

Just now, kiki said:

I have been tempted but because it has so few European liveries I have hold my c/card.

Same here, I fly in/out of Europe, and I don't think that any airline except Volotea uses the 717 - and I think Volotea is retiring them in favor of Airbusses.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

but yet another pilot's aeroplane ..

Fixed it for you.. :tongue:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, Canine Crew said:

would love to fit one of those into Quito!

Assuming that you're on about the MD-11 then Lufthansa already do. They even flew to the old Quito too! :cool:

Ricardo - I fly cargo because boxes don't complain! Having said that, your reasons as posted above are a solid argument. I started out by not flying anything which wasn't currently in the air so to speak, but then I realised I wanted to experience other aircraft which were favourites of mine despite not even being born when they were produced.

The MD-11 is a strange one with me - I only wished to fly the freighter :wacko:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, Canine Crew said:

I think it's almost cooler that it is a large cargo airport, would love to fit one of those into Quito! I own the TFDi 717 and met the dev team, they're really passionate guys and this is really exciting. I kinda hope is sells really well just to show PMDG what can happen....

Maybe PMDG stood back so TDFI could develop this. Besides RR already mentioned the sales were very poor in comparison to the 74 and NGX, part of the reason he decided to end it`s life cycle.

tpewpb-6.png

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Different strokes for different folks but I thoroughly research current usage before I buy an addon. I never fly a commercial aircraft on anything other than its real life route(s), and I verify this frequently via airnav, flightaware, etc.

The second criteria is that there is at least a freeware addon scenery available for the airports I want to fly in and out of.

The third criteria is that I fly mostly out of Europe

The fourth criteria is that I fly mostly out of my home town.

The fifth criteria is: I don't fly cargo.

That's just me, though.

That's all very well, but by the criteria you have listed which demand parallels with real world ops, it means in the present situation, you would be hardly flying at all and I doubt that's true, unless you are simulating all your add-ons being parked up and you looking for a different job.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Six pages already in a thread about the MD11, and no sign of Boomer?!! :ohmy:

Probably still in shock! :laugh:

It makes absolute sense when you consider the 717 uses a more up to date Douglas system

I was just looking at the box of my PMDG MD11 and this thread brought back many good memories.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's a good day for all.  I can't wait to see some cargo ops on VATSIM

• Like 1