Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

1 minute ago, Sesquashtoo said:

The definitive 'final say' will be on the day of release

Then why create this topic? What do you have to gain if P3D gets sold more now?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Korundar said:

There's NO game in Game Pass that can't be bought out of it. Zero. Why some people want at all costs Flight simulator to be the first one I really can't understand.

exactly!!!!

gamepass is a wonderful thing! MSFS is only one of over 100 games you can play with a monthly sub but you can buy all the games on their own without the pass of course!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

Just because it will be on game pass like we always knew it would be, does not mean you won’t be able to buy it outright. Every game on game pass can be bought outright. It’s almost like people are purposely ignoring the facts so that they can dump on a yet to be released title.

Oh yeah, people have just been dumping endlessly on MSFS around here! Lol

C’mon. All mentions of MSFS around here have been about how amazing it’s going to be and what a pile v5 is in comparison. And now someone has the gall to start posting facts. And the MSFS crowd loses it. 

Kinda funny. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The six phases of a project:

1. Enthusiasm

2. Disillusionment

3. Panic

4. Search for the guilty

5. Punishment of the innocent

6. Praise and honors for the non-participants

ROTFLMBO! 🙂

There is no doubt that this will be a BLOCKBUSTER flight sim....but only RTM, will certify how you fly those skies....

I'm just very glad that L.M.---DID decide to release a new version and DX12.  We do have that....and you do purchase it with one payment. That we all know.   Ok...back to P3D v4 and 5....

1 minute ago, mtr75 said:

Oh yeah, people have just been dumping endlessly on MSFS around here! Lol

C’mon. All mentions of MSFS around here have been about how amazing it’s going to be and what a pile v5 is in comparison. And now someone has the gall to start posting facts. And the MSFS crowd loses it. 

Kinda funny. 

I’d say about 50/50 of dumping on it and others saying it is the second coming.

however what was posted was not a fact. You can buy it outright or get it through game pass. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

I’d say about 50/50 of dumping on it and others saying it is the second coming.

however what was posted was not a fact. You can buy it outright or get it through game pass. 

What source, and when was that source published?  If you have access to it...perhaps you can copy and paste that you can purchase it. I'd like to read that, for sure!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

The original release video and numerous other official posts, interviews and videos. Just google it and do your own research. Also the fact that every game on game pass can be bought. Ms even said you do not need a subscription. This topic rears up every week or two. It’s been debunked so many times.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

The original release video and numerous other official posts, interviews and videos. Just google it and do your own research. Also the fact that every game on game pass can be bought. Ms even said you do not need a subscription. This topic rears up every week or two. It’s been debunked so many times.

So, (and I am NOT trying to pick any fight Tut...no sir) but only want to state again, that this information was posted on their Official Insider's Site...as of yesterday...so to my mind, is the most current mind-set of M.S.  This supersedes anything written prior to May 15th, 2020....  No?  Boards meet....and new business directives are announced...every day...world-wide... 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

All they are saying is that it is coming to game pass. Don’t read any more into it than that!

I'm not trying to pick a fight either!

All games on game pass can also be bought. Until they say you cannot buy it outright then it is just like any other Microsoft game.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

Then why create this topic? What do you have to gain if P3D gets sold more now?

I created this topic, as I was interested in the announcement...as others will be also...  That's all I needed to 'thread it out.   Also...I did not thread this in this forum...so it's not a you-know-what-contest. In the P3D forum, I suggested that as a result of this May 15th information, that more than not...greater uptake of P3Dv5 will be seen (conjecture)  I did not ask for this thread to appear in this forum..to cause abrasion.  Anyway...back to the P3D forum...as I like everybody else, will await the RTM.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

4 minutes ago, tutmeister said:

All they are saying is that it is coming to game pass. Don’t read any more into it than that!

I'm not trying to pick a fight either!

All games on game pass can also be bought. Until they say you cannot buy it outright then it is just like any other Microsoft game.

"Fair enough, if that is how you understand it to date." 🙂  We all await its arrival...that's for sure.

Over 'n out! 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

So, (and I am NOT trying to pick any fight Tut...no sir) but only want to state again, that this information was posted on their Official Insider's Site...as of yesterday...so to my mind, is the most current mind-set of M.S.  This supersedes anything written prior to May 15th, 2020....  No?

Just to be sure; you do mean this https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-program-faq/  webpage?
I don't see that information anywhere on the faq, or anywhere else on the whole site for that matter and i'm properly logged in.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

$10 a month is nothing if it's really as good as it looks like. I'd be more happy to pay this than $60 for a P3D update.

Spotify, Netflix and other services cost approximately the same and millions of people are subscribed, including me.

For me, it's much better to have subscription and updates included then pay a fixed fee and have an outdated product in 2 months.

• Upvote 3

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, Wildblue said:

Just to be sure; you do mean this https://www.flightsimulator.com/insider-program-faq/  webpage?
I don't see that information anywhere on the faq, or anywhere else on the whole site for that matter and i'm properly logged in.

This is where I picked up the by-line..:

On 5/15/2020 at 5:51 AM, wolfko said:

This was released on the MSFS Insider site yesterday:

"Microsoft Flight Simulator is coming to Windows 10 with Xbox Game Pass..."

If you apply basic rules of logic it is easy to see  that the statement quoted by the OP says nothing about the claim the OP concludes from it.

It's like saying :"There are green apples. So red apples don't exist".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3