Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

It seems Microsoft just played their subscription game hand.

Just now, RALF9636 said:

If you apply basic rules of logic it is easy to see  that the statement quoted by the OP says nothing about the claim the OP concludes from it.

It's like saying :"There are green apples. So red apples don't exist".

I guess that it really doesn't matter at all,  HOW, M.S. is going to market this...I mean..nobody has a gun to their back...we'll all see, and decide at that time. I only felt that this was an interesting time-point, and thought to post it, as a always, buyer beware.  Everything is always buyer beware...if information is presented. 🙂  Some will find this an interesting read...other's will cringe..and turn the page, lol.  Forum stuff...;)

So basically this is just more speculation.

I also cant find this anywhere on the insider login????

Edited by Mack84
  • Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Dont see how any of the choices make a difference.This was discussed quite a while ago with the option to buy it outright or choose the game pass sub. (search the threads) I just dont understand what all the fuss is about really.  Many were pleased to see alot of features as standard default right out of the box giving the possibility to buy less addons. Yet many are worried about a subscription or how the full price is.  Yet on the flip side , we all demanded to be sure that 3PDs are counted in and fairly done at that. Go figure. Choose your pay method and onward we go.  Be happy we have a state of the art 2020 simulator tech that is coming and provides further competition. If you dont like it at all, well there's the few matured sims of backup choices.  Quite simple. 

• Like 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Microsoft are clearly throwing the kitchen sink at Game Pass so they keep hyping it up at every opportunity. I'm guessing that repeating FS2020 will be available on Game Pass is more an advert for Game Pass than FS2020. 

Edit: Also publicly announcing the game will be available for purchase will inevitably lead to questions of 'How much?', and they probably have a specific timing for announcing pricing. Game Pass's pricing is already public.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You guys have no clue about how these subscription based gaming things work. 

It's simple...it's like EA Origin or Ubisoft Uplay.

When someone paid for a subscription to these services, they get access to A TON of games. That's exactly what they are paying for. A subscription to a service so they can choose what games they want to install on their computers. They aren't buying a subscription to just one game. Flight simulator will just be a choice within the subscription.

Also, like many have posted, anyone can go ahead and buy ant game they want outright. It's that simple.

Also, for as many smart people we have on this forum, im surprised that many of you are not seeing this for what it is....a huge advertisement campaign for the Microsoft subscription service! They are just using a brand new and highly anticipated game to lure people to actually pay for the subscription service monthly. They are most likely hoping people will see the new flight simulator title and then check out this gamepass thing and see all the other titles that are offered and then subscribe to the gamepass service.

It has been said many times a subscription is not needed. 

There are a ton of people letting huge confirmation biases get in the way of logical reasoning.

Just because things may seem unclear, doesn't mean the sky is falling and Microsoft lied to us.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Okeedokey...$15.00 for full Game Box, or $9.99 per month, to fly through MSFS2020 skies...  

I'm confused here. Is this part of that Q&A section or speculation?

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Muddy waters = speculation ... if MS don't want this type of speculation the responsibility is on them.  Can't have it both ways ... PR machine or not.

Cheers, Rob.

I would estimate there are about 5 people confused by this. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

When someone paid for a subscription to these services, they get access to A TON of games. That's exactly what they are paying for. A subscription to a service so they can choose what games they want to install on their computers. They aren't buying a subscription to just one game. Flight simulator will just be a choice within the subscription.

Also, like many have posted, anyone can go ahead and buy ant game they want outright. It's that simple.

Also, for as many smart people we have on this forum, im surprised that many of you are not seeing this for what it is....a huge advertisement campaign for the Microsoft subscription service! They are just using a brand new and highly anticipated game to lure people to actually pay for the subscription service monthly. They are most likely hoping people will see the new flight simulator title and then check out this gamepass thing and see all the other titles that are offered and then subscribe to the gamepass service.

There are a ton of people letting huge confirmation biases get in the way of logical reasoning.

Just because things may seem unclear, doesn't mean the sky is falling and Microsoft lied to us.

This

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I signed up for game pass during lockdown as I didn't want to buy but wanted to try some games like forza and a few other titles, I could have bought these multiple games for 100s of usd/euro but it wasn't worth buying because when work returned my time would be limited to flight sim again so now that my time is limited again  I may buy one or two keep my progress and achievements and cancel my game pass subscription it's really a no lose situation,  

Edited by stephenbgs

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Like someone else said, exactly this.

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The six phases of a project:

1. Enthusiasm

2. Disillusionment

3. Panic

4. Search for the guilty

5. Punishment of the innocent

6. Praise and honors for the non-participants

7. Pure confusion because they don't understand how something works.

There, perfect!

Game pass is good.

Xbox Game Pass for PC is still officially in Beta. I signed up several months ago for the special promotional price of $4.50 per month. I have currently installed and playing The Outer Worlds, Halo collection, The Surge 2, Yakuza 0, Subnautica, Metro Exodus, Gears 5 and Gears Tactics.

Good value. For a gamer of course it is. Consider the savings against paying release prices. I’m already way ahead.

If you are anything like me I’ve wasted heaps on games and Flight sim add ons that looked good but did not hold my interest enough to finish. This subscription model is good to use to trial games for an extended period. Like MSFS buy it., don’t like it uninstall and get back to Gears Tactics. Better than a 14 day return policy I figure. Oh, and you are not locked into Game Pass, you can cancel your subscription. Why the negativity, it just another choice.

Cheers

• Like 2

howevr

10 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

seems to expose a deep bias towards product.

Oh, there is definitely a deep bias being displayed, that is certain. 

• Upvote 1

Chris

4 hours ago, tutmeister said:

It’s almost like people are purposely ignoring the facts so that they can dump on a yet to be released title.

That is how it is in the flight sim community is today.  It's been this way since about 2006, just getting worse by the second.  I could probably understand the psychology behind it if I wanted to... but it's just not deserving of the effort (no matter how small).

I honestly and earnestly believe we're doomed as s species, but I did try to convince people to stop "saving" people from walking down open manhole covers and playing in traffic on the freeway.  It didn't take.  So, without natural selection in our quiver and the obvious alternative less attractive than doing nothing, we're simply a doomed species.

This was meant as humor (wink).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, trainplane3 said:

Like someone else said, exactly this.

7. Pure confusion because they don't understand how something works.

There, perfect!

For the record, I'm still enthusiastic.