Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

What is your current internet speed for MSFS2020

What is your current internet speed for MSFS2020  

308 members have voted

1. 1. With internet speed being so important for image quality in FS2020, I'm curious, where do you sit?

• < 1 Mbps
    • 1 - 3 Mbps
    • 3 - 5 Mbps
    • 5 - 10 Mbps
    • 10 - 20 Mbps
    • 20 - 50 Mbps
    • 50 - 200 Mbps
    • > 200 Mbps

I mean 150 people is a small sample, but yes it does seem like the majority of us are set when it comes to internet speed. I'm glad Microsoft has thought about everyone & prepared an offline mode which still looks amazing.

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

I recently moved my main PC from a place where it was using wifi (and usually getting around 25-50Mbps), to right next to the router and wired - so now getting up to around 500 in the evenings. I may have done this when I got the alpha invite a few weeks ago, just to make sure...

Are there any information, what would be acceptable speed for the best quality of the sceneries?

15 minutes ago, kiki said:

Are there any information, what would be acceptable speed for the best quality of the sceneries?

The ideal specs say 50 MBps, which should handle the most demanding situations at the highest settings.  Recommended is 25.  If you have 25, you should be able to run the highest settings without problems until you get into a very detailed area, or the detailed areas with lower settings.  I'm running 33 without complaints.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I've got 150/50 here near Innsbruck. 500/100 is possible but way more expensive.

That's a best rate meaning it can (and will)  drop at peak times, like between 7 and 8 p.m.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I have a super fast connection as well but will this compensate (in part) for my 2GB VRAM and 8GB RAM? 

t4sMfV.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

35 / 7 here, 16 ping.

It's not cheap to buy MSFS20, so I hope that's enough to run it at it's best.

My pc itself is good, and I can always upgrade pc bits, but that's the best speed I'm going to get where I live.

I don't know what's MSFS2020, but for MSFS i have 1000/200 mbit if i happen to buy it.

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Network congestion is undoubtedly slowing my up/download speeds:

G9NrB.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Show off. :dry: :wink:

Edited by jpc55