Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

Xtreme Prototypes new webpage: Model 25 SE v3 now for sale

On 6/15/2020 at 2:19 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

As a beta tester I've flown this aircraft quite a bit.

Hi Ray, Can you tell us what is new on this version from the last? I have not seen a comparison or statement regarding this on the Xtremeprototypes website. I have purchased all of the versions through 2.1 which I am very happy pleased with. However, as others have stated, I am not seeing anything in their list of features to justify another $40.

Thanks,

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I already had the prior versions so for me the cost of this was 89.99, 49.99 for the original version 40.00 for the update.  If I had not purchased the orginal I would have gotten all the files for 60.00 (all 32bit installers as well as 64bit files) since they include all previous versions in the download. I liked the addon so much that I went ahead and purchased the update.  On reflection a $10.00 - $15 update fee would have been fair for previous users.  As it is I personally feel taken advantage of as a previous users. I think the price is fair for new users.    

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

55 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

Hi Ray, Can you tell us what is new on this version from the last? I have not seen a comparison or statement regarding this on the Xtremeprototypes website. I have purchased all of the versions through 2.1 which I am very happy pleased with. However, as others have stated, I am not seeing anything in their list of features to justify another $40.

Thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted,

No real changes to the flight model which is already very good except for a SPD/P mode which is used for climbs. It pitches the nose to maintain the current speed. The developers have tweaked this as far as they can but say they’re limited by constraints in P3D.

There are three cockpit versions that integrate the Reality XP / Flight 1 GPS gauges as well as the Rex Wx Radar gauge. I only have the Wx Radar but it’s a nice addition. The Retrofitted VC is an improvement over the single VC option in v2. If you have either of those GPS gauges then they will fit nicely into the VC as there are dedicated configurations for them.

It’s one of those packages that offers some improvements over the previous one but perhaps down to personal choice if they’re worth the upgrade price. For new customers it’s definitely an aircraft to consider. Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It’s one of those packages that offers some improvements over the previous one

I agree that for anyone who is buying this for the first time it is well worth it. For those that have already bought into a couple iterations this seems a little steep for some panel changes for GTN750s and a weather gauge. I think I'll wait for the MSFS2020 version as based on past experience there will be another upgrade cost for that. Thanks Ray.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I am disappointed that this company want to gouge people regarding updates . If orbx ,fslabs and Majestic can supply an upgrade for V5 why not XP .

This aircraft will be lost to me now .

2 hours ago, Blade_au said:

If orbx ,fslabs and Majestic can supply an upgrade for V5 why not XP .

Probably because they are a smaller team... I really don't mind to pay an upgrade fee but what they charge is a bit too much IMHO.

On 6/20/2020 at 6:52 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Ted,

No real changes to the flight model which is already very good except for a SPD/P mode which is used for climbs. It pitches the nose to maintain the current speed. The developers have tweaked this as far as they can but say they’re limited by constraints in P3D.

Shame the developers can't fix SPD/P mode and blame the constraints in P3D. Flysimware's offering seems to model it Ok in P3D. I recall I used to like this mode as far back as in FSX SP2/Steam in Legacy 600 by FT. 

Cheers.

5 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Shame the developers can't fix SPD/P mode and blame the constraints in P3D. Flysimware's offering seems to model it Ok in P3D. I recall I used to like this mode as far back as in FSX SP2/Steam in Legacy 600 by FT. 

Cheers.

Agreed. The quality of the virtual cockpits are exceptional but they rely on the default autopilot and its limitations which is a shame.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

smaller team .....true  ....but that is why they should look after the buyers and show future purchasers they too will be looked after .

seems like the old we don't sell many, so we charge lots ......and ......often .......shameful business model .

4 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Shame the developers can't fix SPD/P mode and blame the constraints in P3D.

Agreed. The poor workman blames his tools when he should be honing his skills. Very little you can't do with the behaviour/flight model with some skill and ingenuity. Great looking model though! 10 out of 10 for that.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I was on the fence but decided to jump off.
As said earlier here, basically existing customers are paying $80 where as new customers are paying $60.
I was willing to pay $20, the price difference.
Also the 'added' features are only marginal. 
'Helaas pindakaas', as we say in Dutch. (it doesn't supposed to meant to be)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I pass too...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |