Sign in to follow this  
JRMurray

Xtreme Prototypes new webpage: Model 25 SE v3 now for sale

Had version 1 of their Lear and it was/is good, but can't use it because when I use their contact form for support on installing it, I get a message saying I've missed out a field on the form, which I haven't.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Dyno152 said:

How does this compare to the FlySimwear Lear 35A? 

Version 2 was graphically superior to the FlySimWare 35a, but let down by systems. If they are fixed (which seems to be the case), then it's a good competition between the two - possibly down to if the 35's extra ~1000nm is of interest to you!

G

• Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

35 minutes ago, guibru said:

FSX and P3Dv4.5.

OK thanks for the info.  I'm downloading now.  Hoping its ok with my config and hardware. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

9 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

Version 2 was graphically superior to the FlySimWare 35a, but let down by systems. If they are fixed (which seems to be the case), then it's a good competition between the two - possibly down to if the 35's extra ~1000nm is of interest to you!

G

Appreciate it. The cockpit textures seem much more crisp on the 25 but I'm a fan of having a little more "modern" jet. What a dilemma 😄

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

1 hour ago, Dyno152 said:

Appreciate it. The cockpit textures seem much more crisp on the 25 but I'm a fan of having a little more "modern" jet. What a dilemma 😄

Lol they are, in all honesty the 35 and 25 feel quite similar in terms of age. Cockpit technology is not much more advanced in the 35, main difference in terms of aircraft (at least for me) is the 25's engines have more power, and the 35 has better range. 

Should say 99% of my flights are well within the capabilities of the 25, but with the 35 I can stay lower and go to mmo - the 25 I may have to go higher and slower. Not realistic, but I don't have to pay for fuel 😉

G

I'd be really fine to pay for the upgrade if I saw some more significant changes. Most of the changes I see could qualify for an update than a new version.

Disappointed v3 does not include PBR textures, windshield rain effects and icing. For that upgrade price I would expect those to be included.

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

5 hours ago, odourboy said:

$15

Probably won't buy you one quality pizza pie. 😀

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

20 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Probably won't buy you one quality pizza pie. 😀

You asked. I answered. At $40 USD, I won't be upgrading. At $15, I would. Their costs are sunk, so my $15 would have been gravy. 

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

13 minutes ago, odourboy said:

You asked. I answered. At $40 USD, I won't be upgrading. At $15, I would. Their costs are sunk, so my $15 would have been gravy. 

Remembering that it's not just $40, but v2 full price $ 39.95 + v3 upgrade price $ 39.95 = $79.90 for this addon.

This time I will pass.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

But if PMDG brought out another NGX would you part with $80 odd?  

V2 was THE most detailed LearJet. I didn’t like the speed control (and said so) but the cockpit was beautiful. 

To me $40 for even a refresh after 4 or so years seems a good investment. 

Buying tonight...

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

8 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

The problem is that SPD mode on a real lear 25 used pitch to control your airspeed and they never had autothrottles. On the XP Lear v2, it acted like an autothrottle (it controlled your throttle levers) instead of using pitch. There was a big discussion about this in an old thread here on avsim.

Its a moot point though as they seem to have fixed it now with v3 😄

Have they or have they not? It's an immediate buy for me if they have. But have they really??

Thanks.

I've not purchased yet... still reading the manual.  But it seems to me that the user can go either way with the Lear 25 SE v3 simulation: SPD/MACH (autothrottle) or SPD P (pitch).  This from the manual:

v21j0N2.png

Greg

Edit to add: In the pic, the left two columns of actions are for the real 25 SE while the right two columns are for the Xtreme Protoype's model.

Edited by lownslo

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Have they or have they not? It's an immediate buy for me if they have. But have they really??

According to the manual, there are two Korry switches in the mode selector panels: SPD and SPD P. The former is used as an autothrottle. From the manual: "this switch, when depressed, will engage the autopilot Airspeed Hold mode. The SPD Hold mode maintains the aircraft at the indicated airspeed that existed when the switch was depressed." The developers recognize that the Lear did not have this mode. Also from the manual:

"the real Gates Learjet Model 25 is not equipped with an autothrottle for SPD/MACH Hold, even though we give our users the option to use the autothrottle that is readily available in the current simulation platforms. We know purists may find this feature unrealistic in the case of the Learjet 25 (the autopilot in the real aircraft maintains speed/ Mach by varying the aircraft’s pitch) but the vast majority of our users still appreciate the convenience of an autothrottle, especially when learning to fly the aircraft when there is so much to do. However, if you prefer not to use the autothrottle to better conform to the mode of operation of the real aircraft, we now give you the option to use the new “Speed Hold by Pitch” mode with its own limitations."

The latter, SPD P, is the "speed hold by pitch." Again, from the manual: "this switch, when depressed, disengages all autopilot vertical modes and engages the 'Speed Hold by Pitch' (SPD P) mode. Note: Not available in the Classic cockpit configuration."

"The 'Speed Hold by Pitch' mode is a legacy autopilot mode, arguably a precursor to what eventually became the “Flight Level Change” mode, which maintains the airspeed by varying the aircraft’s pitch in climb or descent. However, it must not be confused with the latter. The SPD P mode in the Gates Learjet Model 25 is not a 'Flight Level Change' mode, nor a Vertical Speed (VS) mode.

'Because the aircraft will pitch up and down to maintain speed, thus creating unavoidable oscillations, this mode is not recommended for level flight and cannot be used concurrently with the autopilot SPD/Mach, ALT, ATT, G/S and C/APPR modes, for obvious reasons.'

Hope this helps.

Edited by JRMurray
Tidy up formatting
  • Like 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

A quote from the manual :

Note: Significantly modifying the simulator’s built-in autopilot goes beyond the scope of this project aimed at producing a reasonably priced complex addon for the general public and the average user.

Makes me wonder how 60$ (and 40$ update price) can be called reasonable, for a not even authentic AP.

• Like 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

A quote from the manual :

Note: Significantly modifying the simulator’s built-in autopilot goes beyond the scope of this project aimed at producing a reasonably priced complex addon for the general public and the average user.

Makes me wonder how 60$ (and 40$ update price) can be called reasonable, for a not even authentic AP.

Pretty sure that line came in when people started pointing out that speed hold should be by pitch, which it is now. Don't know if they have changed anything else....

G