Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Moe

(P3dv5) have you checked your pagefile lately ?

Hmm , i must admit it might be coincident but my pagefile was set to manually 3072MB in windows 10 and after a "system control all drive change ) i am now in P3dv5 testing TE Netherlands with FT EHAM on max shadows setting in 4K with 2048 textures and the Maddog X with Dynamic lights and VRAM around 7.4GB with NO CTD using Chaseplane cameras and switching and moving all over netherlands with it.

Same applies for KORD FSDT with DD Chicago X and ORBX KCGX. It looks stunning with all this engaged.

Not a single CTD so far

Shadows and water reflections all on moving at high speed on dawn and dusk with Chaseplane world camera

(GPU set -150mhz in NVI and 77C max)

Update: Switching time settings , day night , dusk,dawn or manually time inside P3dv5 is also a blast with no issues so far)

Update 2 :

Going back to KORD FSDT after a flight with chaseplane world camera from KORD City with all water reflection at night with ALL shadows STILL on and reflections at High it still holds allthough my GPU sits at 100% all the time now and PBR around MaddogX and DL is simply just amazing from outside Chaseplane with no issues at all

Update 3 :

Going inside Maddog X cockpit again turning on lights (STILL DL) and calling GSX refueling VRAM peeks around 8.1GB and STILL no CTD whatso ever switcing to outside view again

i am so happy right now (pagefile discovery here)

Michael Moe  

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

37 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Hmm , i must admit it might be coincident but my pagefile was set to manually 3072MB in windows 10 and after a "system control all drive change ) i am now in P3dv5 testing TE Netherlands with FT EHAM on max shadows setting in 4K with 2048 textures and the Maddog X with Dynamic lights and VRAM around 7.4GB with NO CTD using Chaseplane cameras and switching and moving all over netherlands with it.

Same applies for KORD FSDT with DD Chicago X and ORBX KCGX. It looks stunning with all this engaged.

Not a single CTD so far

Shadows and water reflections all on moving at high speed on dawn and dusk with Chaseplane world camera

(GPU set -150mhz in NVI and 77C max)

Update: Switching time settings , day night , dusk,dawn or manually time inside P3dv5 is also a blast with no issues so far)

Update 2 :

Going back to KORD FSDT after a flight with chaseplane world camera from KORD City with all water reflection at night with ALL shadows STILL on and reflections at High it still holds allthough my GPU sits at 100% all the time now and PBR around MaddogX and DL is simply just amazing from outside Chaseplane with no issues at all

Update 3 :

Going inside Maddog X cockpit again turning on lights (STILL DL) and calling GSX refueling VRAM peeks around 8.1GB and STILL no CTD whatso ever switcing to outside view again

i am so happy right now (pagefile discovery here)

Michael Moe  

Update 4 😄

Now i also have recycled dawn,dusk,night and day in FSDT KORD with ULTRA SHADOWS in 4K VRAM around 8GB/9.8GB (funny this has changed from 10.1gb) AND NO ISSUES (with IAG and FSUIPC set to show 30 AI)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

9 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Update 4 😄

Now i also have recycled dawn,dusk,night and day in FSDT KORD with ULTRA SHADOWS in 4K VRAM around 8GB/9.8GB (funny this has changed from 10.1gb) AND NO ISSUES (with IAG and FSUIPC set to show 30 AI)

Michael Moe

Update 5:  This it IT , it has to be  - i have now done everything on MAX settings in FSDT KORD without a CTD switching , changing etc etc 1 hour now in lovely PBR MaddogX/FSDT KORD

Michael Moe😄😄😄

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Can I just check - as I don't think you actually say it - but have you now set your pagefile to "system managed"?  could you give us more details of that?

Intel i7 7700K @5.1Ghz, 32Gb DDR4, P3D v5.3 / MSFS running on Samsung 970evo plus Nvme SSD, Nvidia RTX2080ti
Samsung 55" curved 4KHDR display, Oculus Rift CV2

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

and after a "system control all drive change )

Is this the exact wording there? I have "Atomatically manage paging file size for all drives" unchecked and "System managed size" circle selected. 

PS: 3 rather long winded and exalted posts without a clear explanation point lol

It is not clear what you changed to get the results you enumerated.

Could you kindly briefly outline what you unticked/ticked, if that was what occurred?

T4

Maybe yesterday was a rough-one and he partied a bit last night.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Update 5:  This it IT , it has to be

To know for sure, switch it back - do the issues return? Then turn it on again, do they go away?

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

What size RAM do you have? I understand the page file is not normally used unless you run short on RAM..but thanks for the info. Will check mine.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

This should explain how to get to the virtual memory screens:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-virtual-memory-size-windows-10

@Peter Webber I know some older versions of Windows would use the page file even if you had physical memory left.  I do not know how win10 operates in this regard.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I just looked and mine is set to auto already. 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I don't think my pagefile comes in to play on my system  32GB GSKILL 3600 XMP, could be why I have not had the problems others have had on fact I have now uninstalled 4.5, tons of free HD space now.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

16 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

I don't think my pagefile comes in to play on my system  32GB GSKILL 3600 XMP, could be why I have not had the problems others have had on fact I have now uninstalled 4.5, tons of free HD space now.

I still have to reinstall some of my V4 airplanes into V5, so I am keeping a slimmed down version of V4 around.. but I am only flying V5.  🙂

Edit: 8 GB of RAM installed...

Bert

Also, you shouldn't really underclock your video card, you should underVOLT it if possible. It will actually run faster (usually) with less heat.

My 1080Ti clocks in excess of 2.1Ghz at just 0.750v (from default 1.250v) and although watercooled, never seen it go above 47ºC.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.