Sign in to follow this  
jlund

Too many watermarks?

13 hours ago, jlund said:

I haven't gotten an invite yet, and after seeing the latest pictures and especially the videos with all the watermarks appearing all the time, I opted out of the alpha sign up. I know I would be very annoyed with all the watermarks, so I prefer to wait for the final game without the watermarks.

I understand it's a way to stop spreading NDA material,but am I the only one who thinks they have taken it too far this time?r

Alpha isn't early access or some way to get the game (sorry, sim) early.. So they shouldn't matter to much for people testing the sim.

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

Those watermarks would certainly be annoying in the finished product, but the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is still in alpha testing. When you sign up to be an alpha tester, you are supposed to be looking for issues and reporting them, not taking it as an excuse for a free joyride.

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Funny why people assume I'm looking for a way to get an early access, I'm NOT. In fact I have in other post said that people who complains about not being invited yet, are mostly just about getting an early version, not caring about the actual purpose of alpha testing, so that's NOT why I'm bothered by the watermarks. I know that if I were invited to the alpha testing, I wouldn't be testing that much because of the watermarks popping up ALL the time. Just watching the few videos in the weekly updates, is enough, and I know I couldn't ignore them, so that's why I have deleted my request to be in the alpha.

So please don't make assumptions when you don't have the facts.. 

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Those watermarks would certainly be annoying in the finished product, but the new Microsoft Flight Simulator is still in alpha testing. When you sign up to be an alpha tester, you are supposed to be looking for issues and reporting them, not taking it as an excuse for a free joyride.

You are not aware of the last rumors, I see ! The PR team is lobbying Phil Spencer hard for the sim to carry watermarks saying : Amazing! Awesome! Exciting! scrolling on the screen

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Please dont test and just wait for it to be finished! who cares anyway, so tired of that whining..😛

• Like 1

Are the trees really that big in that location IRL? ALso what plane is that, the pillar is so thick, not the best to "see and avoid" from 😄

1 hour ago, ThrottleUp said:

Are the trees really that big in that location IRL? 

Of course not.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:40 PM, Farlis said:

Of course not.

I hope they model big trees well like the massive tropical rainforest ones ,tall eucalyptus and the giant redwoods!

On 7/3/2020 at 11:27 PM, reignman40 said:

Alpha isn't early access or some way to get the game (sorry, sim) early.. So they shouldn't matter to much for people testing the sim.

Exactly.  If I was in the alpha they wouldn't be bothering me at all.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, jlund said:

I haven't gotten an invite yet, and after seeing the latest pictures and especially the videos with all the watermarks appearing all the time, I opted out of the alpha sign up. I know I would be very annoyed with all the watermarks, so I prefer to wait for the final game without the watermarks.

I understand it's a way to stop spreading NDA material,but am I the only one who thinks they have taken it too far this time?r

This is a nonsense topic.

You don't like the watermarks. No problem forgo anything having to do with the product until it releases. Not sure why it is worthy of much discussion. A company is protecting their product as they see fit. Doesn't bother me one bit.

The solution is simple enjoy what you currently have until a later time.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

No problem forgo anything having to do with the product until it releases

What's your problem? Some of us think they have gone overboard with it. Great if it doesn't bother you, but as I already wrote,I have "forgo" it, by opting out of the testing even before I got in. I don't play any other games except flightsims, but the couple of times I have been a beta tester, I have never seen watermarks to protect it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

On 7/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, jlund said:

after seeing the latest pictures and especially the videos with all the watermarks appearing all the time, I opted out of the alpha sign up.

It wouldn't surprise me if they found a better way to protect videos and screen shots and the extra watermarks were removed.

No one likes the watermarks, but the testers are learning to live with them.

As for Alpha access, it's better to have it and not want it than to want it and not have it.  

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;