Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

MS Flight all over again?

9 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

You’re using a reddit post as evidence,

No, I'm posting a reddit post as an example. A long list of 900+ message in this discussion alone, countless others in many other places.

9 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Never really heard of people having problems.

Me neither, until:

You can rest assured I'm not posting this with a conspiracy theory agenda, I've much better to do in my life. There is an 'underground' universe you don't see, nor you can see if not digging for it.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

RXP - thank you for that explanation and examples (I note that you included "their" ability to "brick" a console if they choose to do so).

If I may add a couple of my own experiences. Grab a brew :)

I have actually received a hardware ban for my PC before I could even attempt to play a game! Some of my online friends at the time were raving about a new "battle royale" style video game - free to play - on Steam for the PC - Ring of Elysium, published by the Chinese company Tencent. I installed the game, went through setting up my in game character which took quite some time as the amount of customisation was huge, then clicked to join my first game. I got an error message saying hardware ban due to cheating software.. I never even got to play one round - no one saw me play and so did not see if I was a cheater or not. I posted up on Steam and some of the replies were quite toxic and insta-judgemental (I made that word up), despite my friends rallying round and vouching for my good character and not being a pirate, the essence was Ha, go cheat, get banned, not gonna miss you etc.

I appealed the ban through the proper emails and all I got was no - you have a hardware ban as cheating software has been detected. They (Tencent) wouldn't even tell me what software I allegedly had so that I could locate it and delete it... to my knowledge I have no cheat software on my PC.. The ONLY possibly thing it could be is my Corsair gaming keyboard which has several programmable keys on it. i.e it can accept macros. Macros = cheat in first person shooter games it seems, even if you have no intention of using them.

The other experience was whilst playing World of Tanks on my XBOX - it's amazing the kind of messages a person can receive due to playing an online game even if one does no wrong. To date I have not been banned. I presume a human assessed the reporting. I got the message "reported" one word, that was it. This was from a player on my team during the match - a total random person. Why? "Because you were camping in spawn with a heavy tank and not moving. You have a 6 year service stamp and you don't know how to play" Oh my days.. I had to school him a little about tank battles I had to explain I wasn't in spawn, I had moved away to a better position in my tank which happened to be a Churchill at the time (slow-moving). Tanks hide behind cover to benefit from it and can ambush the enemy. I didn't move because of the hard cover and the heavy tank's armour allowed me to absorb some hits before it was a concern. Oh, and our side won that engagement, my Churchill was still intact, yet the random team mate accusing me of not knowing how to play got blown up quite soon into the game..

Welcome to the wonderful, sometimes unjustly toxic, world of online gaming..

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Welcome to the wonderful, sometimes unjustly toxic, world of online gaming..

Which sums up precisely why I never have, and never will, participate in any form of "online gaming..."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

"Because you were camping in spawn with a heavy tank and not moving. You have a 6 year service stamp and you don't know how to play"

A good reason to play with adults instead.  Ever heard of Steel Beasts? 😄

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

12 minutes ago, RXP said:

No, I'm posting a reddit post as an example. A long list of 900+ message in this discussion alone, countless others in many other places.

Me neither, until:

You can rest assured I'm not posting this with a conspiracy theory agenda, I've much better to do in my life. There is an 'underground' universe you don't see, nor you can see if not digging for it.

As i said, this is all conspiracy theory. 

Did you read the cases that you posted? As noted, one of the “permanent” bans was temporary.

Did you read the thread where the ex-girlfriend had charged back the purchases through the credit card company? Firstly, vendor is within their rights to suspend that account. Secondly, there are at least 3 xbox employees responding to that thread saying they’ll sort things out. If he was telling the truth, he’s got nothing to worry about.

Remember that people lie all the time with these account suspension stories, don’t take any story you read on reddit at face value.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just now, n4gix said:

Which sums up precisely why I never have, and never will, participate in any form of "online gaming..."

Do I read you won't be flying with FS2020?

Here is: you're flying online and there is someone wanting to takeoff from the same runway as you at the same time. This upsets the other gamer wanting to be first. He reports you. Let it happen a few times without you even knowing about the other players grieves, and bam, you can be perma-ban... makes you think twice about the whole system which doesn't allow you to appeal properly in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Remember that people lie all the time with these account suspension stories, don’t take any story you read on reddit at face value.

Sure, these are still just examples and I'll let you fire up google and look the thousand other messages I've read if you want (and yes I've read this whole reddit discussion as well).

But as much you're lecturing me to read the discussion I'm posting, you might want to re-read again I've first posted that:

"I've first hand experience about this"... I know what I'm talking about, I'm not just spreading fake news...

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

Just now, RXP said:

Do I read you won't be flying with FS2020?

One can fly in MSFS either alone, or with selected others. I won't be flying with anyone I don't consider a long time friend. IOW, folks I've gotten to know over the years at AVSIM, SOH and Flightsim.com...

• Like 4

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 minute ago, n4gix said:

One can fly in MSFS either alone, or with selected others. I won't be flying with anyone I don't consider a long time friend. IOW, folks I've gotten to know over the years at AVSIM, SOH and Flightsim.com...

Ok, but to be devils advocate, the point being made is that you are using an online service from which you may get (supposedly) permabanned through no fault of your own, even if you are not flying with others.

• Like 2

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

Sure, these are still just examples and I'll let you fire up google and look the thousand other messages I've read if you want (and yes I've read this whole reddit discussion as well).

But as much you're lecturing me to read the discussion I'm posting, you might want to re-read again I've first posted that:

"I've first hand experience about this"... I know what I'm talking about, I'm not just spreading fake news...

Are you arguing that we should not use xbox live pc (and therefore not use MSFS) due to the risk of account bans?

• Upvote 1

Oz

Just now, OzWhitey said:

Are you arguing that we should not use xbox live pc (and therefore not use MSFS) due to the risk of account bans?

Certainly not. I believe in free will and anyone can do whatever he wants: "One's freedom stops where another one's freedom starts".

However what concerns me is RXP customers, and any other 3rd party vendor customers, loosing their hard earn money because they are using an online service meant for policing teenagers, not responsible simmers.

The whole XBL system is unbalanced in favor of the provider, not the consumer, in that you can't plea against a permaban and it is too easy to get one.

• Like 3

Oz - MY experiences certainly were real enough to believe that there is something more than conspiracy theories. I know we digress a little, but as an adult, maybe not that responsible, but an adult I was quite proud of the fact that I had taken the time to construct a proper reply with good English rather than resorting to a couple of 4 letter word epithets and "get good,scrub!" :biggrin:

I was fortunate in the fact that the reply I received was "Oh.. you need to move around more... " :wacko:

I had another message just last week "End it all". i was in an artillery piece and one of the enemies fast moving scout tanks whizzed over the map and took me out in short order. I mentioned that perhaps I had ended it all and quite soon too! No "I mean end your life for real you sad old nonce.." :blink: 

Aha.. I could play the age card and replied that statistically I will die before he does and that he's just as sad for playing the game as I am, and to have some patience..

The reply came back "word not allowed, man. That hurt. I feel like an a-hole now, maybe I should end it all"

Ok.. I do believe I now have the upper hand :cool: However, I did ask him if he had any real world friends or people who care about him and if so, go and talk to them. I wouldn't want some random sticks & stones insulter to actually take their own life... Cyber bullying is a real and present danger in the 21st century.

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

7 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

What’s this thread about again?

It's about problems using the Microsoft store. 🙂

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

.. and what may or may not happen due to unsavoury online elements..:wink:

• Like 2

Mark Robinson