Sign in to follow this  
lancealotg

Support the developers !!!

27 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

I hope your not going to complain about all the bugs and issues with the sim when it first comes out.

See, that's the beauty of fiscal restraint. If it comes out with bugs and issues I have nothing to complain about. I would be disappointed certainly as I'm very much looking forward to a successful release, but I won't have any grounds to complain as I'm owed nothing.

31 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

I want this sim to shine and I will be supporting the developers.

And the flaw in your logic is that because I choose not to pre-order, I somehow DON'T want this sim to shine. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm a Microsoft Flight Simulator super fan. I want this to be an astounding piece of software that ignites the passion of future aviators everywhere, not just in the virtual world. I look forward to supporting the team with a post release purchase.

• Like 4

Chris

35 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I want this to be an astounding piece of software that ignites the passion of future aviators everywhere

Great, I agree wholeheartedly. I too hope the developers can also pull this off. 

My main concern was with the posters trying to "cheat" the system by getting the sim for a dollar. 

Just think if everyone did that. On release day, the dev's would look at the income and it would show very little money taken in. You think they are going to increase the budget. I don't think so. 

They might cut staffing and hours and have them make do with less (some bugs might never get fixed). Conversely, if they take in more than they anticipated, they may increase the manning or hours. 

We are a niche hobby. The developers are not going get the Red Dead Redemption kind of money. All of us need to support them. 

Happy flying and see you in the skies....

Edited by lancealotg

19 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

My main concern was with the posters trying to "cheat" the system by getting the sim for a dollar. 

That isn't a cheat, though. It is a valid option offered by Microsoft, the publisher. Believe me, Microsoft knows what they are doing. $1 is a teaser price for the first month only. $5/month afterwards is only temporarily for the PC Gamepass Beta period. Then it goes up to $10/month at some point in time Microsoft feels the demand will support the price increase.  No one is cheating the system. In fact if this title drives the demand for Gamepass, the team will be popping champagne bottles. That ongoing revenue stream is highly valuable.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Chris

IF you do not buy Premium version:

• In time you will regret it (I read somewhere it equates to payware addons at $2 extra a piece).
  • People will eventually find out.
  • For years you will be known as a "cheapskate rookie" like you came home with a new Hyundai automatic.
  • Your reputation will diminish
  • Nobody will pay any attention to you.
  • Your server connection may be lower priority.
  • You will not be invited to future Alpha's.
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, lancealotg said:

Just think if everyone did that. On release day, the dev's would look at the income and it would show very little money taken in. You think they are going to increase the budget. I don't think so. 

They might cut staffing and hours and have them make do with less (some bugs might never get fixed). Conversely, if they take in more than they anticipated, they may increase the manning or hours.

Game Pass downloads will count towards the success of the sim too, possibly even more so as Microsoft would love more people to sign up for it. And people converting from the Game Pass to a standalone purchase will count just as well too.

11 minutes ago, Greazer said:

IF you do not buy Premium version:

• In time you will regret it (I read somewhere it equates to payware addons at $2 extra a piece).
  • People will eventually find out.
  • For years you will be known as a "cheapskate rookie" like you came home with a new Hyundai automatic.
  • Your reputation will diminish
  • Nobody will pay any attention to you.
  • Your server connection may be lower priority.
  • You will not be invited to future Alpha's.

LOL

6 hours ago, lancealotg said:

One post advised people to use the game pass to get the game for a dollar. If people get this game and only give the developers $1 dollar, it will FAIL!!!

You're not giving "the developers" anything, if you play it via Game Pass.

Microsoft WANT people to use this sim via Game Pass.  If it were up to them, they'd probably prefer that literally everyone in the entire flight sim community use MSFS via a Game Pass subscription, instead of buying it outright.  That $1 is just a promotional rate to get people to buy in.

• Upvote 1

Developers adapt to the situation. This has been the case since the early days.

• Upvote 1

Colonel,Indian Army.

My rig : z370  i9 9900k RTX 3090 MSI, 32 gb Ram, m2 nvme 1tb, sata ssd 1tb, 4tb hdd, 850watt smps antek bronze

my sims : DCS world, IL2 Battle of kuban, Stalingrad , MSFS, P3D 5.1, X-plane, Elite dangerous, Star citizen

Microsoft isn't Laminar and MSFS isn't XPlane.  They don't need the same level of "support" from customers.

Don't worry.  People's decisions to hold off purchase until release and community feedback does not hurt MSFS.

No doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I also urge everybody do buy a second license for Windows 10 - god knows we need to support Microsoft so they don´t go out of business and then we would have A.) no operating system to run our computers and B.) no new flight simulator!

I mean, we can see the signs, right? They could only afford to pay for a team of 200 developers over a couple of years to make this new simulator, it is obvious that they are scraping for money! Oh the poverty. Is there somewhere we can donate, maybe?

Edited by Janov
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

Do anybody know if it can be installed on 2 or 3 pc using same account ? 
tx

Anyone that has read the FAQ: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ will know that you'll need one license per PC.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Support the developers? 

MSFS is not the only game that Asobo is developing. And Asobo is one of 15 gaming studios that is doing work for Microsoft.

And the sim will be one of over a hundred games that will be launched later. So, if you pre-order to support the developers, you are slightly mistaken.

Rather support charity.. there are lots that are suffering under Covid, & wait a month to buy the sim. Dunno what the rush is, the developers will survive!

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 minute ago, SierraDelta said:

Anyone that has read the FAQ: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015204020-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Pre-order-FAQ will know that you'll need one license per PC.

Are you referring to this?

Q: Is license sharing allowed on PC?
A: No, there is no license sharing. It requires explicit authentication per session.

That says you need one licence per session, not computer. Pretty sure you can install Microsoft Store apps on multiple PCs, but can only run games on one at a time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goates said:

Are you referring to this?

That says you need one licence per session, not computer. Pretty sure you can install Microsoft Store apps on multiple PCs, but can only run games on one at a time.

Aaah yes, you're right, mea culpa.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

10 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

MSFS is not the only game that Asobo is developing. And Asobo is one of 15 gaming studios that is doing work for Microsoft.

Heh!  I checked out Asobo's site and several of their games.  Some look pretty interesting.  "Fragments" looks like an amazing concept.

You wanna support Asobo, buy a few of their games! 😄 You don't even have to play them if you don't want to. 😄 😄 

FS20 forever! (Hi Wobbie! 😄 )

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;