Sign in to follow this  
spilok

P3d in the NEXT MONTH???

55 minutes ago, flycln said:

I never fly offline anyway because I want live weather, use my charts app and my in-flight entertainment. Come to think of it, I’m just never really offline.

Some user are using other PCs to get these infos. The sim PC itself is offline.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

23 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Its getting nicer and nicer: if you are offline -> MSFS won't start.

If you have installed the boxed DVD version -> first DVD has to be in the drive or MSFS won't start.

Both confirmed by Aerosoft, publisher of the boxed version.

Childish MS behavior.

Well...

If you are offline in P3D Active Sky won't work!

Wouldn't fly without AS updates so it really doesn't matter anyway!

Chris Camp

21 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Weather apps rarely inject updated  conditions more frequently than every 5 minutes and usually no more than every 15 minutes. Now compare that to terrain tiles which will be loading constantly. Which one is "too big to fail"?

A sacrifice I'll gladly accept for the extremely detailed and beautiful terrain detail!  If I can see my house from the air it's totally worth it to me!

Live steaming is the future and the next big advancement in Flight Simming.

No need to stay in the dark ages and have to have 2,000,000GB of storage for terrain which is never updated!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

On 7/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, Kilo60 said:

Wouldn't fly without AS updates so it really doesn't matter anyway!

It does matter. No need to have my sim PC connected to the internet when an extra PC downloads weather etc.

What if your internet connection is not working? What if MS has server issues?

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Edited by mod for trying to avoid the swear filter.
  • Like 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

3 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

It does matter. No need to have my sim PC connected to the internet when an extra PC downloads weather etc.

What if your internet connection is not working? What if MS has server issues? Then you're fu**ed with this live connection shiatzu.

This is why you can preload the terrain and/or still fly in offline mode with less detail!

Do you not think MS didn't think of internet issues?

The new XBOX won't even have a HDD...  Don't think Microsoft cares much about non working internet or server issues or they would never have gone this route!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

Just now, Kilo60 said:

Do you not think MS didn't think of internet issues?

Actually not if you need to have a live internet connection resp. connection to MS servers to even start the SIM.

Signature3.png

Just now, JoeFackel said:

Actually not if you need to have a live internet connection resp. connection to MS servers to even start the SIM.

Well then I guess that eliminates everyone planning on getting it on the new Xbox as well?

Chris Camp

I'm not a fan of this policy at all but unfortunately it seems to be the way the future of gaming is headed regardless..

Chris Camp

51 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

If you are offline in P3D Active Sky won't work!

You can still start and fly the sim.  Active Sky even works in that case, and if you've already got weather loaded from a previously saved flight, Active Sky will use it.

If your connection goes down in the middle of a flight, Active Sky uses the weather it has already downloaded and continues to work without problems, just not with newly downloaded weather.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

You can still start and fly the sim.  Active Sky even works in that case, and if you've already got weather loaded from a previously saved flight, Active Sky will use it.

If your connection goes down in the middle of a flight, Active Sky uses the weather it has already downloaded and continues to work without problems, just not with newly downloaded weather.

Hook

Which is quite possible MSFS may work in a similar manner!   And you can always download the region you fly in advance and not have to live stream at all.

Chris Camp

Previous Alpha versions allowed offline use.  The current version does not allow the sim to start.  If you lose connection while flying, you get a dialog that mentions "current version" not allowing offline use and you're kicked out of the flight.

No idea what the release version will be like.

Aerosoft says their DVD version requires an Internet connection to start.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

16 hours ago, LHookins said:

Aerosoft says their DVD version requires an Internet connection to start.

AND the first DVD inserted in the drive, that was an restriction MS claimed for the DVD version.

I canceled my orders for MSFS as long this two restrictions are in place.

Idiotic. Just think about people that have an ISP with forced disconnects after a certain online time.

• Like 1

Signature3.png

On 7/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Wobbie said:

Why do people, the vast majority that do not actually qualify to use the sim, knock it?

No idea.  P3D with Orbx scenery is a great looking sim.  I just upgraded my rig to a 10900K processor, 2080ti graphics card with 32Gb ram.  I get great FPS and the sense of flight is great.   FS2020 looks to have much better weather, but that does not mean P3D V5 is anything other than great.  I have pre-ordered FS2020, but P3D will remain in use and I will look forward to the next enhanced atmospherics upgrade. 

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

That is highly subjective. We will be able to see differences once we see side by side videos. Then we objectively can decide what suits us best.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

I don't know why you waste your breath talking to Joe about MS2020. He put it down any chance he has. Its sad really. Just leave him to it.

"What if your internet connection is not working? What if MS has server issues? Then you're ##with this live connection shiatzu."

What happens if .....what if........what if!....lol

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip