Sign in to follow this  
spilok

P3d in the NEXT MONTH???

10 hours ago, modano said:

I installed V5 from the beginning, and have no problems.

I did it!  I deleted every speck of P3dv5 and did a complete install from the very beginning.  Spent most of the day adding planes and scenery....  doing it "by the book".  Everything wiped out and started from scratch.  I have to say that by the end of the day, I was very pleased.  Initially, I had about an 8 minute load time.  When I had the sim on my M2 drive it was much faster. Now I reinstalled it on my C drive SSD.  However, after several start ups and flights, the load time decreased substantially!  I made 3 flights of over 250 miles and every one went perfectly without a stutter or significant pause.

I think loading this sim as a NEW sim is the way to go for V5.  I wish I had done it sooner.  I got a lot done today, and I look forward to tomorrow now.

Stan

• Like 2

It would seem that a number of v5 problems are caused by add-ons.  

I just saw a post on another forum about Envshade (?) causing problems with reflective surfaces even after it is removed but this can be fixed with a repair.

Gotta wonder how many add-ons are marked "compatible" but aren't really.  In any case I wouldn't be using add-ons that weren't known compatible.

Are there versions of Windows 10 that are known to cause problems?  I keep seeing hints.  Any particular hardware and driver combinations?

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

after a restless nights sleep with this.  does anyone know if the FSL 320X  will install into both v5 and v4 on the same machine ?  

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, spilok said:

I did it!  I deleted every speck of P3dv5 and did a complete install from the very beginning.  Spent most of the day adding planes and scenery....  doing it "by the book". 

I did the same with v4.5  a few weeks ago and vowed NOT to tweak any config files after doing so stopped P3D working at all and in the end required a full reinstall of Windows 10 (actually not a bad thing to do to be honest). Anyway, I have now kept my Add-Ons to a minimum (ORBX stuff - scenery and airports, FSUICP - although as I learn more about the Controls option in P3D I use it less and less and often turn it off) and have installed them and any add-on planes using Admin rights. No problems. No stuttering, and frame rates b/w 25 and 30.

The ONLY settings I play with in P3D are fixing frame rate to 30 and nothing else. Everything else is as installed. Again, works a treat. 

I also only turn on the ORBX scenery and other add-ons that I am actually using. Right now I'm flying a lot in Scotland so only have Scotland EU on and one airport. 

Finally, for whatever reasons, Chase Plane, which I had previously used, absolutely kills the frame rate on my computer so I am not using that. Instead I am playing with views using Lorbys Window utility. As it doesn't need to run when P3D runs and changes the camera.cfg and airplane.cfg (both of which I keep meticulous back ups of each time I make a change) there is no frame rate hit.

I am a fiddler, no doubt, but keeping it in check has absolutely helped maintain the performance of P3D on my low end machine.

As mentioned earlier, I doubt MSFS will run on my machine, so I'm really happy to stay with P3D and I am STILL buying scenery and planes when the desire takes me.

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Couldnt agree more.  I really hope this ms2020 is worth waiting for. I don't have the blood pressure to deal with v5 until its stable.  Its far from that. The text box issue, the cloud issue, the water issue, the going from windowed to full screen issue, dxgis, stutters,  shame but they should of listened to the testers.  It must of been a hell of a contract.  Us minions will never know I guess. 

Every P3D version has been stable on my 2 pc’s. With all Windows versions.

It is your config : the combination of your hardware and software...

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Every P3D version has been stable on my 2 pc’s. With all Windows versions.

Same here. Been a long time I had any kind of problems on P3D. DXGI a long time ago, I think and OOMs... since v4, nada. Also no DXGI on v5.

6 hours ago, spilok said:

I think loading this sim as a NEW sim is the way to go for V5.  I wish I had done it sooner.  I got a lot done today, and I look forward to tomorrow now.

Stan

Now, I sincerely hope for you (and me) 5.1 will not require to start over once more.

I didn't make a new installation but reinstalled all 3 modules and removed generated files in HF2 and I am quite pleased with the present state es well, but I am not inclined to invest the same time once more for 5.1.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

ChasePlane works without stuttering and problems with P3Dv5. Although at 4.5, he gave me trouble.

• Like 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Hi,

Just another experience with P3Dv5.1.  I was happy with v4.5 and curious about v5

I downloaded the full version of P3D5, added Orbx stuff for Europe, added Active Sky and ASCA, plus three aircraft which use the F1 GTN750, and went off to fly.  I've no tweaks of any kind, and fly exclusively in VR.  I've now flown thousands of miles in P3D5, smooth as silk, and never a problem of any kind.

I just thought I'd add a very lucky experience, to show this latest incarnation can be very good indeed.

Cheers, Jim

Edit:  My signature is out of date.  It's fixed now.

Edited by jimh
Old signature
  • Like 1

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

after a restless nights sleep with this.  does anyone know if the FSL 320X  will install into both v5 and v4 on the same machine ?  

Yes it will.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, pmb said:

Now, I sincerely hope for you (and me) 5.1 will not require to start over once more.

I didn't make a new installation but reinstalled all 3 modules and removed generated files in HF2 and I am quite pleased with the present state es well, but I am not inclined to invest the same time once more for 5.1.

Kind regards, Michael

Investing the same time ? Removing P3D and re-installing takes like 15 min. What is the problem ?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

15 minutes ago, willy647 said:

Investing the same time ? Removing P3D and re-installing takes like 15 min. What is the problem ?

P3D itself, yes. Addons not, if you really want a clean installation as mentioned..

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

This is why I've stayed away from V5 for now and am going to see how MSFS does before even attempting to do the word not allowed dance all over again!

As it was I was tweaking and fixing V4.5 more than I was flying do to all the add-ons I had running and the constant updates to maintain them all!

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I,as well, hope a full installation will not be necessary from this time forward.  I suspect that the significant updates to Windows 10 had A LOT to do with some of P3d's instability. I remember about 2 or 3 big updates for Windows in the last month or so.  Just a hunch, but I truly believe that Windows and P3d didn't play well together in recent days.  The total re-installation at this time may have been a necessary thing to do given the Windows updates (2004 + fixes).....at least on my computer.

Stan

Removing and reinstalling all the P3d add-ons when updating P3d is as useful as windows registry cleaning utilities and video driver uninstallers. They are tools of last resort and are hardly ever needed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1