Sign in to follow this  
spilok

P3d in the NEXT MONTH???

22 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Don't blame the victim and dispute what he says.  Diagnose his problem and fix it.

Hook

That’s what i’d prefer to do, as i’ve previously posted on multiple occasions. But there are way too many people who just come here to bash v5, or Prepar3d in general, which is a pretty negative and pointless activity.

If you have a problem, post enough data so that people can help.

If you just want to tell the world how bad you think prepar3d is and/or how awesome you think MSFS, great - but this is not the place for it.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Why do people, the vast majority that do not actually qualify to use the sim, knock it?

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I will buy MS2020 pretty much straight away - probably the standard version.. The premium deluxe version translates into NZ$198 !! 

As a p3dv5 user currently , what i am looking for in the new version of MS flight simulator is weather, flight characteristics, and real scenery where ever I choose to fly. I am excited at the prospect of flying in regions of the globe I have visited and that have never truly been rendered in accurate detail within a Sim. In particular, Asia. Japan, Korea, China, Thailand..Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia etc...(So i do hope this is reasonably accurately rendered) The thought of doing a simple VOR navigation flight, matching that with the weather and scenery landmarks,  is all it took for me to mentally press the buy button.The great urban sprawl of Cities in China in particular. The only renderings I have of this region are from 2008 for parts of China that are now completely inaccurate and have not accounted for the rapid expansion of cities there in the last 10-15 years.

Over the decades, like many of you, I have invested a small fortune in add-ons and upgrades.

Looking back on it  , it became a kind of addiction at first.. to always buy the latest aircraft and scenery.

But as costs slowly rose I began to make more selective purchases. When I switched from FSX to P3dvxx  I began the re purchase or upgrade cost all over again.

This time around. well, I will wait and see. If the cost of porting or upgrading some of my favorites is reasonable (and that is subjective), I may consider once again repurchasing the aircraft I have come to use most frequently if MS2020 doesn't offer close to the real world equivalent in terms of systems and procedures in jet aircraft for instance

I have a feeling P3dv5 will be used less and less by me, despite my cash investments and support of the product. Even if they continually Update the environment and handling characteristics, I am just unwilling to invest in two variations of flight sim.  I am hoping MS2020 offers up the more logical pathway - and we will find this out very soon!

My two cents

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

That’s what i’d prefer to do, as i’ve previously posted on multiple occasions

Try harder.  View each of these as a cry for help.  I've seen you make the effort a few times already.

Shouting someone down just makes it look like the problems can't be fixed.  If someone were making a real effort to get these people up and running, I'd be following the threads with great interest.

MSFS isn't guaranteed to meet everyone's requirements.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

As it has been said....

It's only a game! Not even been released yet, & there are so many diversive comments.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

You are doing something very wrong, or using an inadequate system.

v5 HF2 is a good sim with a few minor issues. I would take it any day over v4.5, and I love v4.5!

I’m sorry, but suggesting that it is riddled with bugs like you suggest in this post is well into “fake news” territory.

- there are no issues with the clouds whatsoever, unless you mean the beta EA clouds - which are clearly flagged as beta (but are still in their imperfect form much nicer than what we had in v4)

- there is no “water issue”, water is substantially upgraded.

- there is no problem going from windowed to full screen, i do that all the time.

- dxgis should not be a problem in HF2 unless you’re using incompatible addons or setting sliders wrong.

- v5 doesn’t stutter, it performs better and (much) more smoothly than v4.

If you have decent hardware and common sense with sliders/addons, none of these issues should be of concern.

Anyway, enjoy FS2020.

have a perfectly good system

the full screen to windowed is a bug,  if you run a program within the sim such as fstramp theres is problem.. its been reported to them, alas they dont care.

theres the issue with the text box, thats been raised with once again jack done about it.

numerous people have mentioned the water, and over 1000 posts on dxgi errors.  not to mention the P3d poster boy Rob says theres issues with it.

maybe i might revisit it when 5.1 is out.  some flights have been fantasic and then you get a stuttering mess when you try and fly the fsl into fsdreamteam BSL.

then youll do a long flight pull up at the gate and by accident press alt+enter and the sim ctds  (im aware this is a fstramp issue)  but for me id rather go back to some stability until 5.1 is out.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Arguing over how my flight sim is better than yours is immature and irrelevant. The fact of the matter is P3D, especially LM, isn’t going away, not now or the foreseeable future. We have invested a lot of resources, time and money, and P3D will only continue to get better. I welcome any new flight sim: options are a great thing in life. 

Edited by ssair1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

Just now, ssair1 said:

Arguing over how my flight sim is better than yours is immature and irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that LM and P3D isn’t going anywhere. We have invested a lot of resources, of time and money, into P3D. LM and P3D isn’t going away, not now and the foreseeable future. It will only continue to get better. I welcome any new flight sim: options are a great thing in life. 

Agree, well said!

• Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

31 minutes ago, ssair1 said:

Arguing over how my flight sim is better than yours is immature and irrelevant. The fact of the matter is P3D, especially LM, isn’t going away, not now or the foreseeable future. We have invested a lot of resources, time and money, and P3D will only continue to get better. I welcome any new flight sim: options are a great thing in life. 

Sooo, the point being...? This must be an x-th post saying the same thing, again and again... just like other 5 opinions that keep repeating and repeating. Oh well. 🙄

Edited by SimonC

Interesting Topic. 

We are in the zone a month away from release.

We have seen a crappy leak like the Chinese website that always annoys me a silly arcade flight made by an word not allowed. I think Asobo should have released one full flight for us to see so much speculation right now.

My thoughts.  MSFS will be a great VFR sim for the first 6 to 12 months. I will be happy taking the Icon for a spin landing on the lake just enjoying the scenery... IFR can come later with PMDG....

I am slightly worried by the reports of the flight dynamics but let's see its early days. 

Asobo deserve our support until we are proven wrong. 

I am waiting for the 18th it's a new start. Excited

Bumpy roads to begin with I am sure but I am ready for the journey. 

:))

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Sooo, the point being...? This must be an x-th post saying the same thing, again and again... just like other 5 opinions that keep repeating and repeating. Oh well. 🙄

Good job! You figured out the general consenus of our P3D forum. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

I enjoy P3Dv5.  Will I continue to use it after MSFS is released?  Who knows.  Really it’s too early to make a determination like that, none of us (including alpha testers) have played the final version, nor do we know much about the timelines to get major third party addons working in the new sim.

I will certainly pre-buy MSFS so i can be ready to go day 1.  I expect that like when I upgraded to p3dv5 and kept v4 installed until all my favourite addons moved over I will keep v5 installed and continue to use it depending on what I want to fly.

One thing I have to say is that it really gets tiring seeing people post here with the attitude that if someone likes a sim they don’t like that they are wrong and will argue to the death about it.  It’s the same foolishness that goes on between some P3D and X-Plane users.  Just because someone has a different perspective or opinion that you does not necessarily mean they are wrong.  

As a flightsim community we should all be happy we (will soon) have the choice of three decent sims.  If someone else likes their choice better than they like your choice, so what?

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 pages, & we still get told:

1. I've pre-ordered

2. I love or hate P3Dv5

3 I love or hate P3Dv4

4. Ive stopped buying add-ons for ......... fill in the blanks

5. Is it better than X-Plane

6. I'm not buying it because ...... ..... 

7. We should be happy because of the choices we have with 3 sims. erm.. X-Plane, FSX:SE, MSFS (eventually), FlightGear Yes, some of us also still have FS2004! Wider range of aircraft & scenery..for those not searching for the Holy Grail, then DCS, etc,, P3D? 

8. Asobo deserves our support.???? They are a game developer, commissioned by Microsoft to develop a game, The sim is one of 18 games they have developed. They get paid by MS to develop a game. Rather support Microsoft & buy their shares.. Show your love. THAT's an investment.. buying a game is not. Buying a RedBird kit is, as well.

Why is it that people have the urge to post that they are not buying any more add-ons? Does our flight sim community really care if you are or not? & if you have pre-ordered?? Guys, its a game! It's all in the perception & immersion, and now, with the new sim at our doorstep, price & bandwidth.

Edited by Wobbie
  • Like 2

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I have been out of flight simming for a good ten years.

I heard about MSFS and couldn't resist buying myself a brand new system based on its optimum settings.

I downloaded P3D as I'm too impatient and wanted to get back into the flightsim world. Wow...what a disappointment. It's like stepping back into FS9. I am genuinely surprised. After ten years, I expected a big leap in the flight sim world, apparently not according to P3D.

Thank god MSFS is on the horizon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

have a perfectly good system

the full screen to windowed is a bug,  if you run a program within the sim such as fstramp theres is problem.. its been reported to them, alas they dont care.

theres the issue with the text box, thats been raised with once again jack done about it.

numerous people have mentioned the water, and over 1000 posts on dxgi errors.  not to mention the P3d poster boy Rob says theres issues with it.

maybe i might revisit it when 5.1 is out.  some flights have been fantasic and then you get a stuttering mess when you try and fly the fsl into fsdreamteam BSL.

then youll do a long flight pull up at the gate and by accident press alt+enter and the sim ctds  (im aware this is a fstramp issue)  but for me id rather go back to some stability until 5.1 is out.

Ok Fluffy, I personally don’t think that it’s fair to blame p3d for a compatibility problem with fstramp, and it sounds like that is where most of your frustration comes from.

not sure what wrong with the water, and dxgi errors should not be a major problem in HF2.

Anyway, i hope that whatever you decide to fly works out for you.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."