Sign in to follow this  
Robin29

Download full game before 18AUG

That adds to the question what’s the point of pre buying then...pre-download was really my biggest reason.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Personally, I think they should make the beta/alpha available as a D/L link to those who have pre-ordered, so that if people want to check it out, they can do.

After all, the people who have pre-ordered the thing are the ones who have actually thrown some money MS's way, in most cases over 100 quid, but at least 60 quid even if they only ordered the standard version. Not saying it is possible, but, there is also maybe the possibility that if such a person had a beta/alpha version on their system, they might also be able to patch this on release rather than do a full download upon release, which might alleviate a server bottleneck on release day. a widespread number of users at this point would also allow Asobo/MS to really test the server load for streaming with large numbers of people, presuming their servers are in fact set up for this kind of load at this point - possibly not. But if so, then all of these people going onto to put a load on the servers would be 'serious players' in the sense that they are genuinely going to be using it, in being paying customers, rather than, in what is quite apparent from many of the 'leaked videos' that there are plenty of 'beta testers' who have flown over their house to see it, ragged a 747 around on external view and then crashed it, got bored with the 'plane game' because there are no guns on the planes and then gone back to playing Call of Duty.

Let's face it, NDA or not, at this point in terms of 'giving the game away' with regard to content, with all the 'videos' showing up online, the project has more leaks than the Titanic, and it's not as if people who've bought the thing already are gonna be put off buying it by having seen a beta version, since they've already bought the thing. Pretty much every other pre order I've been in on (and it's a fair few) has offered some kind of early incentive such as this, so it's not like doing such a thing would be in any way unprecedented.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, andrecarli737 said:

According to this tweet we won't be able to pre-download the game, only the launcher.

So, who's telling the truth? I believe that the support team would have more knowledge than social media.

bBYIla9.png

• Like 1

In my order it is shown August 17th 11:00pm...I am in Qatar.

It doesn´t make sense

1529012940_msfsorder.thumb.JPG.c0d7e9e1a1e90d2e00d42b16a9629b0c.JPG

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

On 7/25/2020 at 10:40 PM, Carts85 said:

So does that mean for the people who have pre ordered will be able to play from midnight the 18th just to clarify? Just so I can tell the mrs when she should expect to not see me again 😊

lol you will be divorced and you will still be playing and not even realise

• Like 1

Alexander Shepherd

19 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

For me it says available at 18th of august at 00.00 (I'm in Norway) 

Same here and I’m the U.K.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:35 AM, Chock said:

there is also maybe the possibility that if such a person had a beta/alpha version on their system, they might also be able to patch this on release rather than do a full download upon release, which might alleviate a server bottleneck on release day.

I think you’re exactly right. It occurred to me a few days ago that a lot of (preorder) people may receive a beta invitation come August 1

Lyn the trucker

FSX - XP11 - MSFS         Ryzen 5900x - Asus X570 VIII Hero - RTX 4090 - G.SKILL Trident 32 GB DDR4 - WD SN750 M2 1TB + Samsung SSD 250GB - HP Reverb G2 - Win 10/64