Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Still worried about the flight model ... how planes move

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

I haven't seen any curve setup in public videos. Did you?

I'm a tester. 😏

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm a tester. 😏

Has your NDA been lifted? 😛 You can PM me here your name in close beta forum, so we can continue conversation over there 😉

Edited by sd_flyer

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

How cute.

• Like 4

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

26 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

To be fair, it really takes only about about 30 seconds to adjust sensitivity for ones particular peripherals for personal comfort.

I suspect the base settings are geared towards xbox joypads.

The question I'm aksing myself is, is the twitchiness a result of rudder sensitivity (rudder deflects too sensitive) or lack of stability / inertia (plane reacts too strong for given rudder input)?

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

100% sensitivity. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

57 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Has your NDA been lifted? 😛 You can PM me here your name in close beta forum, so we can continue conversation over there 😉

🙄

Sure! I'll meet you there on the 18th.

Edited by HiFlyer

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

50 minutes ago, tweekz said:

The question I'm aksing myself is, is the twitchiness a result of rudder sensitivity (rudder deflects too sensitive) or lack of stability / inertia (plane reacts too strong for given rudder input)?

Well I think absolutely zero default dead zone contributes as well.....

Edited by HiFlyer

Devons rig

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Those are reasonable expectations.... and it appears as though you'll be happy with the new sim.

I hope....I’m on vacation so I haven’t tried the latest Beta. If nothing significant has changed in terms of the avionics capabilities then....well it looks like xplane still sets the bar At this point. 

Chris

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

by default hell yes, there is sensitivity option and they need to be tone down by quite a lot to feel realistic. 

This is what i've been wanted to hear.  That will help a lot and i'm sure people in these videos aren't taking the time to adjust that.  Looks way to sensitive.  Probably will tone down the airliners as well and make them fly more "heavy". 

4 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Well I think absolutely zero dead zone contributes as well.....

That combo would absolutely explain a lot.

Are we also talking about that arcady behavior like in the infamous Airbus leak? Although I didn't pay attention if the rudder is actually visibly deflecting.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

That combo would absolutely explain a lot.

Are we also talking about that arcady behavior like in the infamous Airbus leak? Although I didn't pay attention if the rudder is actually visibly deflecting.

I think the safe thing to do is to get a good all around look via the flood of new videos, coupled with making your own judgement once you get your hands on the sim.

For me, it seems to be all about ones settings, and boy, are there a lot of them!

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

Devons rig

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

That forward slip shows problem with flight model

Which is? That's one of my favorite topics as I don't know a single addon - not even in XP - that models forward slips accurately. Most of the time the increase in negative vertical speed is miniscule, rendering the slip ineffective.

From that video I can't draw any definite conclusion, but it seems to drop faster during the slip without increase in airspeed. Which would be a quite good depiction.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

His flying and comments look like a real student pilot

JP has a couple of hours in the logbook. 

(psst...you should check out his YouTube channel)

• Like 3

Chris

30 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Which is? That's one of my favorite topics as I don't know a single addon - not even in XP - that models forward slips accurately. Most of the time the increase in negative vertical speed is miniscule, rendering the slip ineffective.

From that video I can't draw any definite conclusion, but it seems to drop faster during the slip without increase in airspeed. Which would be a quite good depiction.

I can slip in XP11 for sure. But frankly, I forgot when last time I used default. Mostly 3rd party addons at the moment.

I can neither confirm or deny that I can draw conclusion from video along. But I can tell you one thing for sure I have flown and instructed at least in 3 airplanes in current MSFS stock in real life. 

7 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

JP has a couple of hours in the logbook. 

(psst...you should check out his YouTube channel)

Yes I just checked. Cool, he build his own kit airplanes I guess? He definitely has an edge over me! I can't change prop on my airplane because. I'm not A&P 🙂 

• Like 1