Sign in to follow this  
RudyB24

Still worried about the flight model ... how planes move

New entertaining video for those who love GTA V

YouTube

Edit: Link No 2

Edit: COL Crying out loud :D

Edited by BigDee

Ladies and gentlement. Joined June 24th, constantly complaining about how bad MSFS is - we have a new mSparks! 😄

@BigDee, no one will take you serious if you keep on like that.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

The post was intended for this thread, as I am luckelywise not the only one who thinks the physics are not good. 

I  don`t want to be a complainer, I do not complain about the flying cars, popping objects and textures, homes that don`t fit with satellite image. It`s ok, comparing to its complexity everything can`t be made right.

But the physics are the most important things, they have missed it.

But you are right.  It`s a bad idea to complain all the time. That is also not my intention.

Edited by BigDee
  • Like 1

NASA would be proud of those wide S turns to slow the planes down after landing.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Rudy, that is GREAT!  Thanks for posting.

What matters most is not how realistic things actually are, but how believable they are.

Some excellent stuff there.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

He always uses lots of words ... the summary is (his own words):

Yesterday I told you that MFS smashes the other sims in it’s representation of the world. Today, about the flight model I am not so sure. In the default aircraft I still feel some tweaking needs to be done, 

For a partner (he's the European distributor of the DVD box) that's a polite statement.

He also says the model has a lot of potential, but it's complex, it'll take hundreds of hours of tweaking to understand it and get it right.

Edited by RudyB24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

24 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Thanks for sharing that 🙂

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

13 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Yesterday I told you that MFS smashes the other sims in it’s representation of the world. Today, about the flight model I am not so sure. In the default aircraft I still feel some tweaking needs to be done, 

For a partner (he's the European distributor of the DVD box) that's a polite statement.

Yeah, I don't know what his exact point is. He's all over the place.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

Some excellent stuff there.

Yup.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, Slides said:

Yeah, I don't know what his exact point is. He's all over the place.

The way I read his post is that he is very excited about MSFS. He is a bit raw, but I really appreciate that because it comes across as honest. He is a creative person that obviously loves airplanes and simming, and it means something when he as the head of one of the biggest publishers for flight sim addons is so excited for the new sim and the dynamisms in the sim. Of course, he is also a distributor of the retail discs of MSFS, so he is not totally unbiased. Still, he is veteran in the simming community, and I do belive he is being honest. Honest, hopeful and enthusiastic. Good stuff! 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

14 hours ago, BigDee said:

As long as they had fun, I'm happy for him/her.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, RudyB24 said:

lol... you've cut an important part...

but the characteristics or the aircraft I know (like the Robin), is most certainly there. As add-on developers we are still trying to learn what is possible. Most certainly more than ever before, but we need to understand it. We need hundreds of hours of testing and tweaking. In the end I think FSX/P3D will be beaten hands down, X-Plane got a major fight on its hands.

• Like 5

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 hours ago, BigDee said:

How do we know the realism or physics settings weren't turned off or set to some kind of "game mode" ??

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

Stepping back into 2019… I was visiting Asobo and one of the devs showed me how they model air flow over objects. They asked me to fly at a steady speed, steady heading, steady altitude over a runway with steady (!) cross wind.  Every time I got in the wind shadow of a hangar, I had to do some serious correction. Honestly, I made a mess of things. Simplifying the wind model to what FSX/P3D/X-plane does and it was easy. That is bloody amazing. What you see around you (buildings, trees) affects the aerodynamics.

Would be nice if there was a setting to display that moving air (the blue lines like we see in the video). Just for fun and to admire the efforts of Asobo with their flight modelling.

• Like 3

Matthew S