Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

NDA amended for developers

5 hours ago, hangar said:

man that piper (last pic) looks sooo pointy and cartooney...is that pic taken in msfs2020, or is it FSX?

That is not a "Piper." It is a Cessna 310 and it looks stretched out because of the darn drone camera's FOV. Picture taken in MSFS not a Farm Sim.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good to see a Kitfox in the line up, although I hope there's a more standard one too, without the tundra tires. Nice to see a couple of old bangers in there as well including one with low bypass turbojet engines.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I think that is where you met me!  Or at least around their booth. 🙂

I just hope painting planes in the new sim is not going to require me to re-learn how to paint.  I'm an old dog....and I fully believe that you can't teach me new tricks. 😕

Yes sir!

That expo was a lot of fun!

Met many really nice people there- your lovely wife and yourself included! 😀

I think you'll be fine with the new sim Captain, looking forward to your artistry! 👍

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I think that is where you met me!  Or at least around their booth. 🙂

I just hope painting planes in the new sim is not going to require me to re-learn how to paint.  I'm an old dog....and I fully believe that you can't teach me new tricks. 😕

Hmm, I think I might have seen you there as well!  LOL!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

9 hours ago, vgbaron said:

One of my favorite a/c to fly sim or RL. Got my ME rating splitting time between a Piper Apache and the 310. Beautiful aircraft.

Vic

I flew one from 2001-2009 (along with the CL215) on forest fire suppression. Put about 1500 hours in it...310R. Had a VG kit on it that reduced stall speed 10 knots which was handy when low level (right on the trees) when formatting with or leading the tanker to a particular spot to drop. Great visibility, quick handling, sipped fuel if you were precise about rpm, leaning, MP selected....I once did 5.5 hours and landed with an hour still in the tanks.....Had a whiz right off the wing before even stepping down. Wouldn’t have made it down lol. It had the optional tanks with 1200# of fuel. Still think fondly of that machine with one exception....it sucked in ice. I’ve got the MilViz turbo version also in xp11 and would sure like to see that in the new sim. The non turbo (310R) in my experience was very reliable.

Edited by dbw1
  • Like 1

Thanks All my friends!

I'm genuinely excited about the new sim...the more vids I see on it the more I feel its what we've all been waiting for.

I'll take a look at the paints when I get the sim and see if there are major things I need to learn to start pushing out paints (once we have our 3rd party vendors back in the sim).

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg