Sign in to follow this  
Ident

MSFS needs people

Hm, i don't know, there's 7 billion of us, i'm in the air to escape them and don't look back.😀

• Like 4

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Animated people would be great for missions, e.g rescue missions (especially once helicopters are in) or expedition missions. 

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Will avatars be able to get out of the aircraft and interact with other avatars in multiplayer?

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

People would be great. 

But please Asobo, not like Orbx where the five people walking about airside at your departure airfield are magically there when you arrive  at your destination 300 NM to the north.

They just do that to remind you that you really haven't gone anywhere and are still just sitting at your desk. 😉

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Animated people would be great for missions, e.g rescue missions (especially once helicopters are in) or expedition missions. 

Shack! You're back.

We were all worried sick that something may have distracted you away from the Satellite V Real World thread . . .like some new video game or something? 😉

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

2 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I recommend you look into games like The Sims, Sim City and Planet Zoo. Those have what you're looking for. 🤣

More like Cities, Skylines.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

How Shack could possibly find so many geolocations so quickly and proficiently is almost mysterious to me. Is he human or actually the Azure/Balckshark.ai avatar?

24 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Shack! You're back.

We were all worried sick that something may have distracted you away from the Satellite V Real World thread . . .like some new video game or something? 😉

And back to the OP,  yes that exactly how I was thinking when I saw the video of completely empty Venice in MSFS. It might be fitting for this ongoing pandemic, but those waterfronts with no one in sight nonetheless look very sad and lonely, will be even more so when the pandemic is finally over.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

3 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

I recommend you look into games like The Sims, Sim City and Planet Zoo. Those have what you're looking for. 🤣

Wait, that would be a marvellous idea that you have here, The Sims... Flight Simulator Edition. Powered by Azure technology, you can now choose to be an airline pilot or stewardess and start a family as well as a flying career*
*Residential Airpark expansion pack available soon.

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Shack! You're back.

He he, although I dropped in from time to time to update the thread you‘re basically right with your assessment. 

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

All of this would be great, but also comes with an expensive performance cost, and probably crowds of people noticeably popping in and out of existence

What could be more realistic than having mortality modelled accurately - people popping in and out of existence. The cradle swinging above the abyss. If I'm risking my life in the sim, I want all others to be accountable for their actions. I've seen quite a few head-on collisions on the motorways but very few emergency vehicles.

However, I do agree that more of this detail means more to go wrong. I'd like to see random maintenance vehicles removed from runways first. (And I need to know why the pushback tug chap never looks you in the eye. And also how he works at every airport). These, too, are risk indicators.

8 hours ago, Dutch727 said:

But guaranteed - lots of animated people would be a performance hit of major proportions.  We'd sure want that to be an option with the default being OFF, if it ever appeared.

I think 80% static, 20% animated would be a good balance.

Consider a beach, or inside a terminal, or inside an airliner, not everyone is moving around.... 20% animated would look plausible.

Or in the case of an airliner, if not approach or takeoff, then 1 or 2 people walking to/from the "loo" and the odd steward moving up/down the aisle.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

I come to fly a plane, not watch pedestrians walk down streets. This is how we get things like 4K ultra hi res toilets on tubeliners...or 8k hood ornaments on cars parked at an airport parking lot on top of bad performance.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

6 hours ago, FlyIce said:

How Shack could possibly find so many geolocations so quickly and proficiently is almost mysterious to me. Is he human or actually the Azure/Balckshark.ai avatar?

And back to the OP,  yes that exactly how I was thinking when I saw the video of completely empty Venice in MSFS. It might be fitting for this ongoing pandemic, but those waterfronts with no one in sight nonetheless look very sad and lonely, will be even more so when the pandemic is finally over.

..." will be even more so when the pandemic is finally over."

.Lol, when the pandemic is finally over, empty streets may as well be the reality.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

A compromise would be to sling a few static people in places such as large town squares, parks and beaches etc, then make it an on/off option. Then make it payware DLC to cover the cost of the work involved and be something people who were not bothered about it not need to have at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here