Sign in to follow this  
cooperwarner8

1.03GB Update For FS2020?

There should be a folder "WindowsApps" on the drive you had chosen. Within that there is a Folder Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.11.0....

I also needed to change the ownership of the folder

Edited by Charlie15842

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Thanks, but for some odd reason I have no such WindowsApp folder anywhere on my C drive!

It is WindowsApps

Bert

If you move other apps to different locations, they will be set up in a "WindowsApps:" folder in the new location. I have my regular WindowsApps on the C drive and when I moved MSFS2020 to my F drive - I have the same structure as C with WindowsApps folder containing MSFS2020 and it's a tad over 1GB. Version 1.7.11

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

I've searched high and low and the only thing I've found is a "Microsoft Flight Simulator.lnk file, which is of course the Desktop Shortcut to the launcher app. However I've found no traces of the 1+ GB of downloaded stuff anywhere. 😐

For some reason I’m locked out of my WindowsApps folder, but it exists at the root of the drive. You can see what drive it’s installed to by going to Settings > Apps > MSFS and clicking the Move button.

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is WindowsApps

No such folder exists. In the screenshot below I'm showing every folder in /Program Files:

explorer_x2Z9KX0J0n.png.a203a8a115c3c3c075551a9459f86817.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

For some reason I’m locked out of my WindowsApps folder, but it exists at the root of the drive. You can see what drive it’s installed to by going to Settings > Apps > MSFS and clicking the Move button.

That only tells me that it is currently installed on the C drive, but I already know that. Perhaps it one of the "Hidden Files or Folders." I'll have to find out how to expose all files/folders on Win10.

Fr. Bill    

Correct, you as the owner of your PC are not authorized to look at the contents.. This is Microsoft that is in charge now 🙂

Welcome to the strange new world of MSFS!

• Like 1

Bert

Unfortunately, "Show hidden files and folders" does not exist on my version of Win10...

Most of the other options that might be similar tell me that my IT Admin has disallowed me to use those features. Um, I am the Administrator! 

Fr. Bill    

5 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Unfortunately, "Show hidden files and folders" does not exist on my version of Win10...

What version do You have?
I'm in my office, just checked one PC with Windows 10 Home, and I can see Show hidden folders.

Opened File Explorer -> View -> Options -> View and clicked on "Show Hidden Files, folders and drives"

Edited by RamonB

32 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Correct, you as the owner of your PC are not authorized to look at the contents.. This is Microsoft that is in charge now 🙂

Welcome to the strange new world of MSFS!

At least I have enough authority to dive deep into the security settings and give myself permission haha pretty ridiculous

20 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Opened File Explorer -> View -> Options -> View and clicked on "Show Hidden Files, folders and drives"

That worked to at last see extensions, and nearly all "Hidden Files, Folders, and drives".

However, I am not allowed to open the darn "WindowsApps" folder and see the contents. I'll fight this battle another day when I don't already have a headache.

I had this Win7 computer working perfectly with my LAN, but for some reason Things went sideways during a brief power hiccup two days ago. The new sim machine won't show up in "Network" but my backup sim machine does show up... 

...which has completely broken my development pipeline since I cannot export/compile new model files directly in the new sim's folders!

Fr. Bill    

1 minute ago, n4gix said:

That worked to at last see extensions, and nearly all "Hidden Files, Folders, and drives".

However, I am not allowed to open the darn "WindowsApps" folder and see the contents. I'll fight this battle another day when I don't already have a headache.

I had this Win7 computer working perfectly with my LAN, but for some reason Things went sideways during a brief power hiccup two days ago. The new sim machine won't show up in "Network" but my backup sim machine does show up... 

...which has completely broken my development pipeline since I cannot export/compile new model files directly in the new sim's folders!

Easy fix that I just had to go through too. Right click, properties, Security, Advanced Security Settings

Where it says “Owner: TrustedInstaller” or something like that, click change the owner, and in the bottom box type your windows 10 user directory name and click “check names”. Then save and apply.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/%3famp

Edited by FlyingInACessna

@n4gix I have had that problem with power outages. (When not realizing UPS's batteries are old)

What I do is open an elevated command prompt and run:  chkdsk /f (on all drives), then sfc /scannow. If it still fails I use
DISM after I do a system backup/system image.

Edited by RamonB

My "WINDOWSAPPS" Folder is also located in:

C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft

and...

My C:\Programs\WindowsApps (folder also says I don't have permission to open).

Wonder how we are supposed to add/modify 3rd party add-ons without access to this folder?  However, I would assume the Devs would have thought of this?

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp